The Power of being ON HABIT

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

blueskighs

The Power of being ON HABIT

Post by blueskighs » Fri May 09, 2008 3:22 am

I just made a post on another thread about the outgrowth of being ON HABIT ... i.e. sticking with those 3 N meals a day ... No matter what, no exceptions, .... i .e. building a fence around the law.

For me staying ON HABIT has resulted in these natural changes in my eating:

slowing down when I eat

being aware of my portion sizes without counting calories or anything else

enjoying my food

reducing my treats on S days

did i say ENJOYING my food? :D

being organized in other areas of my life

being more socially available for events that involve food and eating

no longer being a member of the clean your plate club

these are things that "other diets" might try to encourage me to do ... slow down, leave a few bites, blah blah blah ... but now I am doing them effortlessly.

I beleive this is the power of being ON HABIT
what do the rest of you guys and gals think?

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

Sheiler

Post by Sheiler » Fri May 09, 2008 4:09 am

Okay, some of the natural changes as a result of No-S-ing:

I'm satisfied with less. I don't feel the need to load up my plate.

I'm listening to my body tell me when I'm full, and stopping when I'm no longer hungry.

I'm enjoying my food more because I don't feel guilty for eating things I enjoy.

I haven't been turning to sweets and snacks because I'm tired or thirsty.

I can bake treats for my son on N days, and stick one serving away for myself for an S day.

I can control my eating without it being obtrusive (my husband doesn't even know I'm "dieting", he just knows that I've less of an appetite).

I'm still waiting for that "being organized in other areas of my life" thing. Could use that!

:lol: :lol: :(

DianeA2Z

Post by DianeA2Z » Fri May 09, 2008 5:26 am

I just completed day 28 on habit. That's quite a record for me because I've never gone 28 days straight on any other program.

My urge to eat at night is very diminished; gives me hope that it will one day vanish. Tonight I wanted to eat, but I knew I wasn't hungry and I also knew there wasn't anything I wanted to eat. I just wanted to go through the motions I guess. I didn't eat. Maybe I'll go back to chewing gum, I don't know.

I use smaller serving plates more often than not and don't feel deprived when doing so. I'm making healthier food choices. Even on my S days I make healthy choices and the treats I choose are very high in quality. I just refuse to eat junk now. I enjoy cooking even more (which is a really good thing with dh on unemployment).

I am more aware while eating and find eating more enjoyable. I also wish to continue to remain on habit. For the first time in my life I have no guilt about the way I eat or the foods I eat. I make conscious choices. I choose to control my eating instead of allowing my eating to control me. I finally have achieved freedom. Now, not eating is a conscious choice to strengthen my resolve. That's a whole new habit.

I also enjoy being more active and as long as I remain on habit, the numbers on the scale are just numbers and don't equate with me being a "good" or a "bad" person.

Here's to the next 28!!!! Whoo-hoooooo!
Diane
Visit www.MaximizeYourWellness.com
(Ok, a shameless plug). I'm just here to learn how to say No to the S!

roseha

Post by roseha » Fri May 09, 2008 5:40 am

It does get better I think. I am less hungry now and I'm trying to eat fast food a lot less.

I am feeling encouraged because I can walk up stairs more easily after only losing about 8 pounds!

Buffalo Gal

Post by Buffalo Gal » Fri May 09, 2008 12:29 pm

Couldn't agree with all of you more! Eating three meals a day and limiting the amount of food I eat has been the best thing I have ever done for myself.

Buffalo Gal
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

flipturn

Post by flipturn » Fri May 09, 2008 2:32 pm

Ditto all of you. I am enjoying making myself a nice lunch instead of eating just a slice of cheese because I was on a diet. No wonder I spent all afternoon permasnacking. I have so much energy that I have been undertaking chores that I haven't done in years: weeding, cleaning out the garage, and I am now contemplating building a stone garden wall myself! I told my husband yesterday that I am waiting for the credit card company to call me about the unusual activity on my card. Instead of using it for clothing (constantly buying a new wardrobe in a larger size), now the charges are from garden centers!

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sat May 10, 2008 5:45 am

Sheiler, DianeAZ, roseha, flipturn and Buffalo Gal,

it really is true. Just by limiting our meals to three plates a day we are experiencing real change! Thank you all for sharing. It is so inspiring and encouraging,

Blueskighs

DianeA2Z

Post by DianeA2Z » Sun May 11, 2008 12:34 am

Blue, I just visited your Blog again. I love the pictures and your "diary". It's wonderful, and inspiring. I think it's a wonderful companion to the book.

Keep up the great work :D

Diane
Visit www.MaximizeYourWellness.com
(Ok, a shameless plug). I'm just here to learn how to say No to the S!

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sun May 11, 2008 5:43 am

DianeA2Z

thank you! :oops:

Blueskighs

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Mon May 12, 2008 7:45 pm

I enjoy my meals more
I do not have to obsess about food
I do not have to worry about snacks (big trouble area)
I can go hungry and much to my surprise--WILL NOT starve to death
I am enjoying my meals more on the weekends
I am enjoying looking forward to my weekend treat
I love being relived of the counting, counting, counting
No food is "good" or "bad"
I do not have to think of myself as having been "good" or "bad"
I now include fruit and veggies with almost every meal, not because I HAVE to, but because I WANT to
Thank You God for this program
Je'sus, j'Ai Confiance dans Vous

marebear

blue

Post by marebear » Tue May 13, 2008 12:01 am

:? Thanks Blue for your blogspot. As a newcomer it has helped me so much. For all the failures I have had this week I managed to lose a pound. Go figure. I need to make this type of eating a habit-your are right on there.
Marebear

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Tue May 13, 2008 5:03 am

marebear,
I am glad you like it. Glad you are here!

Blueskighs