Yahoo!!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Laff

Yahoo!!

Post by Laff » Sat May 10, 2008 12:20 am

I stepped on the scale today, cautiously, nervously, not really wanting to but I said I would do this after 3 weeks and so I did. I have lost 6 pounds and possibly a couple more as I hadn't weighed for a few weeks before starting back with Nos. There comes a point where you really don't want to see that number climb. I do know, for sure, that I hadn't lost an ounce before starting back so I am one happy camper!!
For those of you who have lost less -- I do need to lose at least 60 pounds so it likely is not surprising to have a big loss to start. Keep at it, it is well worth it.
Gotta smile. Laff

Achieving begins with believing!

Informatix

Post by Informatix » Sat May 10, 2008 5:01 am

Congratulations! Six pounds is a great success. Just think--you've already lost 10% of the weight you want to lose. Keep up the good work!

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sat May 10, 2008 5:32 am

Laff,
CONGRATULATIONS!

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

Rheba

Post by Rheba » Sat May 10, 2008 12:37 pm

Congratulations, Laff! Reading your post, it was almost like reading mine yesterday as I had stepped on the scale for the first time in a month....actually since more than a month, as I am like you....don't like seeing the numbers climbing! But was I ever happy...like you, I lost! 8 lbs!!! And like you said, keep at it cuz it is definitely well worth it!!! :D So it is ever onward and DOWNWARD (scale wise!). The future does indeed look brighter! :) Isn't it a WONDERFUL feeling????

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Sat May 10, 2008 2:07 pm

Congratulations!!
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

BrightAngel

Congratulations from BrightAngel

Post by BrightAngel » Sat May 10, 2008 2:13 pm

Congratulations. :!:
BrightAngel - (Dr. Collins)
See: DietHobby. com

Laff

Post by Laff » Sat May 10, 2008 6:54 pm

Thanks for the encouragement and kind words everyone. Do you think we have found the ticket?? One day at a time.
Gotta smile. Laff

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sat May 10, 2008 6:58 pm

Do you think we have found the ticket?? One day at a time.
Yes, Laff,
I actually do think we have "found the ticket ... one day at a time" in fact I beleive that with all of my heart,

Blueskighs

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Mon May 12, 2008 8:25 pm

Congratulations LAff!!! You are an inspiration to the rest of us. God Bless You!!
Je'sus, j'Ai Confiance dans Vous

JustAnnie

Post by JustAnnie » Mon May 12, 2008 9:57 pm

Congrats!! I always say if you stick with the program then the scale will take care of itself!! I weigh myself very seldom.
Just Annie

You Can't Fail Until You Quit Trying

3aday

Post by 3aday » Mon May 12, 2008 11:03 pm

Woohoo! :D

Dawn

Post by Dawn » Tue May 13, 2008 2:20 am

You know I have always had this feeling in the back of mind that there is that golden ticket out there for me. You know when you just know something and don't know why? That's how I feel about this. I think this is that golden ticket for some of us. It just feels right. I think the thing is that once you are really educated you can't go back into denial, or not nearly where you once were. I just know there is no easier way to do this, not that this is always easy, but still, it's the EASIEST there is. I know that only having 3 months under my belt doesn't make me a veteran No-Ser but I have never been on a tradtional diet this long without losing at least 15 pounds. So to still be doing this with only 4 pounds down means that I am serious about doing this every day and letting the chips (pounds) fall where they may. Gee I really hope the light bulb over my head stays on forever!
Dawn

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Tue May 13, 2008 5:16 am

I think this is that golden ticket for some of us. It just feels right.
Dawn,

I enthusiastically agree,

Blueskighs

Laff

Post by Laff » Tue May 13, 2008 6:54 am

Thanks folks! I am not sure if I have already posted about this but I will repeat my story here just in case I haven't. If it wasn't already an hour past my bedtime I would look it up. So much for that green square. The going to bed on time is the one habit I am still having trouble with.
On to my little bedtime story. Yesterday was kind of a funny day. I slept late so had a very late breakfast and no lunch. It was an S day so I was casual about snacks, not too many but some. My adult children and spouses made dinner. It was excellent and I ate my 1 plateful and extra salad. All was good until dessert which my dil made. It was very decadent and rich and large. I knew I had had enough half-way through but felt I had to eat it all. I feel good that I recognized I had had enough but ashamed that I continued anyway. I felt bloated and uncomfortable the rest of the evening. Why do we do that?? But. . . the thought that went through my head is "I am so ready for an N day". Today went well and although I feel a bit hungry it is a better feeling than being overfull.

A little drumroll please --- I did some exercise today!! Yeah me!

Have a wonderful week everyone. Stay with your plan and you will see some changes.
Gotta smile. Laff

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Tue May 13, 2008 6:19 pm

I knew I had had enough half-way through but felt I had to eat it all. I feel good that I recognized I had had enough but ashamed that I continued anyway. I felt bloated and uncomfortable the rest of the evening. Why do we do that?
Laura Ann have you had a chance to listen to Reinhard's new podcast on "S Days Gone Wild", he answers that EXACT QUESTION! :D

and his answer is very hopeful,
Blueskighs

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Tue May 13, 2008 6:56 pm

Great Job!! :)
{FarmerHal} ...previously Shamrockmommy...
Vanilla NoS... Making good habits.
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18