Does anyone else do this?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

OrganicGal

Does anyone else do this?

Post by OrganicGal » Sat May 10, 2008 11:53 am

I am in the Habit of checking all the S days on my No S Habitcal yellow right at the beginning of the month. I do that because with those days there really is no possibility of failure according to Reinhard. Now obviously if I eat allllllllllll day, including all 3 Sesses. then I would change the square to red for sure. But I am not and have not been doing that at all. Not even close. So for me, I just do it at the beginning of the month because it saves time.

Anybody else do this?
Creating and sustaining the No S habits are the only thing that will take me in the direction I want to go!

NoelFigart

Post by NoelFigart » Sat May 10, 2008 12:03 pm

I don't do it for the whole month, but I do check out S days as S days somewhat in advance.

JillyBean

Post by JillyBean » Sat May 10, 2008 12:18 pm

Right now I like checking off each day one at a time. I think as I settle into this lifestyle more and more I will do it in spurts and less often. But I am (just a little) :D :P :lol: :wink: gung-ho right now and so I want to be able to mark my progress every day.
Jill

The food I eat today is my choice! What price am I willing to pay?

"There are no failures, only feedback." ~~ Robert Allen

trytrytry

Post by trytrytry » Sat May 10, 2008 12:33 pm

I'm with you Jill - I'm actually slightly concerned I'm developing some sort of discussion boards addition. I keep checking it several times a day, so at least when I can enter those pages with an actual aim of ticking a box, it feels a little more justified :wink:

Shirls

Post by Shirls » Sat May 10, 2008 1:14 pm

Hey, Try, I also check the dicussions boards frequently :D It helps to keep me focused: dieting is a lonely business at best but try discussing NoS with family and friends and it gets nerve-wracking as another thread has pointed out. Like on a Sunday when you accept a dish of ice cream with chocolate sauce: "Is that on your diet?" and on Monday when you refuse the same: "Can't you make up your mind?" :evil:
Don't wait for the storm to be over - learn to dance in the rain.

BrightAngel

Post by BrightAngel » Sat May 10, 2008 2:03 pm

During the past several years
while I've been successful at weight-loss and maintenance,
I've checked in regularly at various different "diet" forums
...depending on my interest at the time.
It's been more of a motivator for me than belonging to any "diet club" ever was
(and I've belonged to many of them over my lifetime.)

Perhaps it's the obsessive/compulsive part of my nature,
but I like checking off boxes, entering data daily that forms a graph etc.
I find the process interesting.
Checking the "habitcal" box on S days or N days etc.
is like a reward to me....unless it's red....... :oops:
BrightAngel - (Dr. Collins)
See: DietHobby. com

wosnes

Re: Does anyone else do this?

Post by wosnes » Sat May 10, 2008 2:07 pm

OrganicGal wrote:I am in the Habit of checking all the S days on my No S Habitcal yellow right at the beginning of the month. I do that because with those days there really is no possibility of failure according to Reinhard. Now obviously if I eat allllllllllll day, including all 3 Sesses. then I would change the square to red for sure. But I am not and have not been doing that at all. Not even close. So for me, I just do it at the beginning of the month because it saves time.

Anybody else do this?
I don't think S days can become red for any reason. Just my two cents worth.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Sat May 10, 2008 3:14 pm

I actually agree with you wosnes about S days can never become red days. I would only do a red square on an S day it I were so totally outlandish that I made myself ill from eating or something...and then it would be used as a learning tool for myself.
Creating and sustaining the No S habits are the only thing that will take me in the direction I want to go!

trytrytry

Post by trytrytry » Sat May 10, 2008 3:42 pm

Hey Shirls! I think this is why I still hesitate whether to tell people about my noSing and that's why it is definitely good to have people here who understand!

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sat May 10, 2008 7:14 pm

OrganicGal, I think you are cute to check off all those yellow squares for the month! this thought has flown through my mind but like some of the others I just get a little spike out of doing those checks daily.

THEN I almost always get a good look by resetting my page and seeing my progress from the beginning. That seems to give me a GREAT sense of satisfaction.

I have also recently come up with a way to use Habit Cal to aid me in developing good habits for a project I am doing at work. So now I will get to check off two squares each day .... YIPPEE !!!!!!!

Does deriving such great satisfaction from such simple pleasures make me a SQUARE!!!!!!!!!!??????????? oh maybe I am a green square! I know for sure there is a supernerd deep within :D
ooops ... ok .. maybe not SO DEEP!

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Sat May 10, 2008 8:30 pm

blueskighs....you are a funny not so deep green squared nerd! :wink:

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sun May 11, 2008 5:49 am

i like that ... deep greem squared nerd!

maybe I should change my name! :lol:

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

Laff

Post by Laff » Sun May 11, 2008 8:26 am

I have set up habitcals for each of the 3 noS's so that I would be able to see where I fall apart if or when I do. I love the green/yellow look so far. I do have one more and that is to get me to bed before midnight. As you can see, I am not doing so well at that. Now that I have completed 21 successful days it is time to get that other part of my life in order!! I do like ticking the boxes --- maybe I should have more. :lol:
Time for bed, goodnight to you all. ((*_*))
Gotta smile. Laff

Achieving begins with believing!

Jaymiz

Re: Does anyone else do this?

Post by Jaymiz » Sun May 11, 2008 2:00 pm

OrganicGal wrote:I am in the Habit of checking all the S days on my No S Habitcal yellow right at the beginning of the month. I do that because with those days there really is no possibility of failure according to Reinhard. Now obviously if I eat allllllllllll day, including all 3 Sesses. then I would change the square to red for sure. But I am not and have not been doing that at all. Not even close. So for me, I just do it at the beginning of the month because it saves time.

Anybody else do this?
While I don't change any of my Yellow days to Red, even if I've been a idiot on an S day, I do tick off all those Yellow boxes right at the beginning of the month, 'cause I like the anticipation of it... I only have to tick off 5 boxes before I get the "freedom"! (yellow days). ;) I like the no-obligation weekends.

And, besides... weekends are way too busy for me, so I don't normally get on to tick off those Yellow boxes then anyway. So, it just makes more sense to tick them all off at the beginning, and only have to fill in the others during the week.
http://jaymiz.wordpress.com (The 'No S' Life)
"The more you do a thing, the easier it becomes" ~ Anon.

Sheiler

Post by Sheiler » Mon May 12, 2008 6:44 am

Shirls,
I know what you mean about people being confused about what you're eating or not eating. I haven't even told my husband that I'm on the No-S eating plan, but he's noticed that I've changed my eating pattern. Today he had a bowl of ice cream for dessert and he didn't offer me any at first. That's not like him. I had said no thank you to dessert a couple of nights ago, so I guess he just decided that I had stopped eating desserts and he didn't want to tempt me. I told him that he shouldn't worry about asking if I'd like something, that I would tell him yes or no. He said that he had noticed that too.

If your family knows that you're dieting, then it seems like it would be pretty easy to tell them the rules, since they're so straightforward, but I don't know why it should be a big deal to people if we say no thank you one day and yes please the next. Isn't that what non-dieting people do?

On the topic question, I haven't gotten into checking days off yet. I'm beginning to think that I might like to do the graph to keep track of the overall trend of weight loss, but I haven't had any days so far that I wouldn't have checked off as successful. For some reason, this is just working for me. If I find it getting harder you'll find me checking in regularly too, because I think it's a great form of motivation. I'm into clicker training, and it's like giving yourself a click as a reward for getting it right. :)

JillyBean

Post by JillyBean » Mon May 12, 2008 12:28 pm

Sheiler wrote: ...I don't know why it should be a big deal to people if we say no thank you one day and yes please the next. Isn't that what non-dieting people do?
Loved this! :D
Jill

The food I eat today is my choice! What price am I willing to pay?

"There are no failures, only feedback." ~~ Robert Allen