What if one of my meals stinks?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Traderjane

What if one of my meals stinks?

Post by Traderjane » Sat May 10, 2008 4:07 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm new so please forgive this probably stupid question. But, what do you do when one of your meals just doesn't work. What if you are having dinner at a friend's house and she searves something awful and you eat a little of it and soon after find you are still hungry? Or for some other reason, you just can't manage to get a satisfying meal? Do you tough it out until your next meal?

OK, one more stupid question: Do french fries count as sweets?

-Jane

flipturn

Post by flipturn » Sat May 10, 2008 4:14 pm

Um, change friends? Eat in advance and meet her for coffee? Call it a yellow day and get back on habit for the next meal? If this happens repeatedly you will just have to work out a compromise that you can live with. Good luck!

wosnes

Re: What if one of my meals stinks?

Post by wosnes » Sat May 10, 2008 4:17 pm

Traderjane wrote:Hi everyone,

I'm new so please forgive this probably stupid question. But, what do you do when one of your meals just doesn't work. What if you are having dinner at a friend's house and she searves something awful and you eat a little of it and soon after find you are still hungry? Or for some other reason, you just can't manage to get a satisfying meal? Do you tough it out until your next meal?

-Jane
I think you have to take things like bad meals on a case by case basis -- and you know whether or not you ate enough for it to qualify as a meal. I agree with flipturn. Call it a yellow day or a yellow meal -- don't worry about it.

It's not "no carbs" or "no sugar" -- it's no sweets. Like desserts. French fries are not a sweet. French fries probably aren't the best way you could choose to eat a potato, but they definitely aren't sweets. If they fit on your plate -- you're good to go.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

Traderjane

Post by Traderjane » Sat May 10, 2008 4:21 pm

Thanks! I'm sorry I missed this on the site, but what is a "yellow" day?

-Jane

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Sat May 10, 2008 4:30 pm

A yellow day is an S day -- when, basically, you can do no wrong in your eating.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

BrightAngel

Post by BrightAngel » Sat May 10, 2008 6:30 pm

Traderjane wrote:question: Do french fries count as sweets?

-Jane
Not in this Universe.

French fries are just deep fried potatoes.
Not particularly healthy nor low-calorie,
but I don't see how anyone could consider them a "sweet".
BrightAngel - (Dr. Collins)
See: DietHobby. com

reubenthetadpole

Post by reubenthetadpole » Sat May 10, 2008 6:36 pm

Traderjane wrote:Hi everyone,

-Jane

Do you and I have the same friends? :lol:

I wouldn't worry about it. It's only a one-off. You can eat when you get home and then compensate for it by eating a little less the next day or passing up a sweet that weekend or not caring at all and continuing as usual.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sat May 10, 2008 6:52 pm

Traderjane,

Yellow days are S days, saturdays and sundays and NWS days non weekend s days that signify special events such as holidays, birthydays, anniversaries, etc. etc. etc.
Green days are N days where we stick with our three one plate meals and red days are N days where we eat "off our plates" :D

BTW if you have not read the book it is SO helpful, encouraging, and inspiring!

Are you using habitcal? IT is fun and helpful!

as far bad food at a friends house ... oy that is ROUGH! I have a get together with a freind next week and I know our food tastes are very dissimilar, she is a dear person, in the back of my mind I am working on a way to graciously evade her cooking!

Wish me luck!

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

DianeA2Z

Post by DianeA2Z » Sun May 11, 2008 12:52 am

blueskighs wrote:Traderjane,

in the back of my mind I am working on a way to graciously evade her cooking!

Wish me luck!

Blueskighs
What a lovely way to put it...graciously evade. That's wonderful! I think, hopefully, that these situations won't pop up too often. It seems like life just loves to throw us curves every now and then. Actually, if you were on an other type of diet, you'd have guidelines you would be following, so based on what is being served, make up a diet guideline to suit the situation. You may have to be quite creative and if all else fails, claim the day as a "yellow" light.

Diane
Visit www.MaximizeYourWellness.com
(Ok, a shameless plug). I'm just here to learn how to say No to the S!

Meikmeika

Post by Meikmeika » Sun May 11, 2008 1:16 am

But, what do you do when one of your meals just doesn't work? If I make or purchase a meal that I don't like it's a lesson learned. I'll make sure not to eat that meal again and will have to wait until my next meal to eat again.

What if you are having dinner at a friend's house and she serves something awful and you eat a little of it and soon after find you are still hungry? If I knew that the dinner at a friends house would be a one time thing I would make it an S day.