Who'da Thunk!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Rheba

Who'da Thunk!

Post by Rheba » Sun May 11, 2008 12:47 am

that I could make homemade pizza (crust included!!) and NOT eat more than two pieces!!! :shock: Yup, that's what happened tonight! I told my hubby that I thought it would be a three piece night and by the time I finished the second piece............I was done!!! :? :shock: :) Something must be clicking in the old brain!
PLUS........I made two batches of homemade strawberry ice cream today and didn't even snitch a taste! :shock: :shock: :shock: Thank you, Reinhard for this wonderful plan and your wonderful book!!! It definitely works. :) :D :D
Yes, I know today is a S day, but I don't think I will be needing any snacks, sweets and definitely no seconds. Wow, how freeing!!! :D :D :D

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sun May 11, 2008 5:43 am

Rheba,

way to go! When I made homemade pizza a few weeks ago I had four piecies! :D

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Mon May 12, 2008 9:05 pm

Haven't made the pizza yet, but it's on my lis of things that I am looking forward to cooking AND eating. God BLess.
Je'sus, j'Ai Confiance dans Vous

JustAnnie

Post by JustAnnie » Mon May 12, 2008 9:54 pm

mmmmmm........pizza and ice cream (drools like Homer Simpson). Those are my two biggest trigger food. I do not allow them in the house. When eaten I eat them in public and in preset amounts. You have MUCH will power Rheba!
Just Annie

You Can't Fail Until You Quit Trying

Rheba

Post by Rheba » Tue May 13, 2008 12:22 am

No, JustAnnie, I can't say that I have THAT much will power...........I just simply wasn't hungry after the second piece of pizza! And the ice cream....I knew I could have some the next day...and I did! And yes, it was very good! And I am satisfied with less each time I eat it.
Tonight we had homemade pasta ( I am a cooking nut!!!!) with homemade sauce and meatballs ( I grind my own hamb. and pork...TOLD you I was a cooking nut! :lol: ) and I was very content with my single plate. Tis definitely a miracle, this plan!!!! :) I just feel so much better and am finding out I don't need to STUFF myself. Just wish I could pass this wonderful feeling on to all those people who are doubting thomas'! If they give it a try, it WILL work!!!

Buffalo Gal

Post by Buffalo Gal » Wed May 14, 2008 5:21 pm

Rheba,

You are gonna have to share your recipe for strawberry ice cream!

Buffalo Gal
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Wed May 14, 2008 6:13 pm

Congrats!

My fiance and I had a small pizza last night and I had four slices --- I console myself that they were tiny (they were!) But then again, I did feel kinda full after two, yet I ate another two since they were small. Gosh.
"Anyone can cook." ~ Chef Gusteau, Ratatouille

Rheba

Post by Rheba » Wed May 14, 2008 11:25 pm

Nichole, I have NO super homemade powers! I happen to love to cook and bake and this past year I have suffered from a contact eczema that ended up with staph infection TWICE so I have since learned that there are certain chemicals that I am NOT compatible with so I have gone back to my basic love of cooking and baking and canning...from scratch of course, for my OWN well-being. If you don't have a problem with doing things from mixes....go for it! For me it doesn't happen to be an option. I would much rather NOT itch than itch!!!! :) And I realize that not everyone has the option for cooking from scratch. I know how busy you modern moms are! Hey, I'm 66 years young...a grandmother...I know what it is like to raise a family when you are working...that is what my mom did...single mom in the 40's.....I guess I just want to let you all know that I can do this wonderful plan by cooking/baking/whatever. I just wish all of you the best in following this plan...I know that it will work no matter what! :)

Rheba

Post by Rheba » Wed May 14, 2008 11:32 pm

BuffaloGal, if you really do want the ice cream recipe, I will email you with it....don't know if I should post it on this web site or not! Don't want to tempt anyone if they don't wnat to be tempted...cuz it is REALLY GOOD...especially since I have "tweaked" it for my hubby's wishes!!! :lol:

Buffalo Gal

Post by Buffalo Gal » Thu May 15, 2008 12:50 pm

Hey Rheba!

I really do want the recipe. You can click onto my Profile and send me an e-mail.

Thanks!

Buffalo Gal

Rheba

Post by Rheba » Fri May 16, 2008 1:20 pm

Buffalo Gal, I sent the recipe this morning! Enjoy :)

Buffalo Gal

Post by Buffalo Gal » Fri May 16, 2008 3:24 pm

Rheba!

Got it and I am going to make some for my church picnic.

Thanks!

Buffalo Gal

Rheba

Post by Rheba » Fri May 16, 2008 5:43 pm

Hope you enjoy it! Just tried a new chocolate recipe today. Will let you know how that turns out after the weekend. :)

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Fri May 16, 2008 5:54 pm

Rheba wrote:Nichole, I have NO super homemade powers!
LOL, that's my signature, it is applied to every post of mine :) It's from a great commercial for Quaker 100-Cal packs where a woman is tempted to eat something homemade that someone brought into work. Instead she says "your homemade super powers have no effect!" Reminded me of No-S and dealing with sweet temptations at work.
"Anyone can cook." ~ Chef Gusteau, Ratatouille

Rheba

Post by Rheba » Fri May 16, 2008 6:06 pm

I LOVE that commercial! She is so good as the spokesperson for that product! Glad I gave you a chuckle, Nichole! :) Now the guys where my hubby works would probably say I HAVE those powers....they love it when I send all those goodies for them to munch upon. :lol:

Mavilu

Post by Mavilu » Fri May 16, 2008 11:37 pm

I'm making pizza tonight, I don't lie when I say that I will keep this thread in mind when it's time to choose how many slices will go into my plate!.

Rheba

Post by Rheba » Sat May 17, 2008 12:20 am

Just remember, if you put too many pieces on your plate, you don't have to eat them all! :) :wink: Will be waiting to hear from you on how you did. Just enjoy your pizza! :) :)

Mavilu

Post by Mavilu » Sun May 18, 2008 12:07 am

I only had two slices!, I eyed the third, but then I thought that I didn't want to lie to you or about food.
Thank you for encouraging me!.

Rheba

Post by Rheba » Sun May 18, 2008 1:08 am

My dear friend! You wouldn't have had to lie to us about the third piece...if you were truly hungry, you ate it! But I loved your concern about over doing it! :) Just remember, we are all in this together...some days are good and some days are bad and we don't have to beat ourselves up about the bad days anymore!!!!! :) :) :) There are NO mistakes any more as far as I am concerned...only minor slip ups and I don't even know if I classify them as that. If we overeat one day...my thought is our bodies are telling us we need more sustenance....unless we REALLY overeat... and if we are honest, we will KNOW when that happens. But, I am proud of you and congratulate you on knowing when YOU needed to quit eating on the pizza! Great Job!!! :) :) :)