Eat What You Want Day

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Blithe Morning

Eat What You Want Day

Post by Blithe Morning » Sun May 11, 2008 2:04 am

Tomorrow, May 11 is Eat What You Want Day.

http://www.holidayinsights.com/moreholi ... antday.htm

CrazyCatLady

Post by CrazyCatLady » Sun May 11, 2008 5:00 pm

Thank you for the post, Blithe Morning! I never stuck to a "diet" for a full year before, but even if I did, I don't think ONE day to eat what I want would be quite enough! LOL!

Thank goodness for No S, and the sensible new habits that I am learning. My S days are the reason that No S works for me. I specifically planned a date with dh at a fabulous restaurant on a Saturday night rather than a Friday, because of No S. (I was too full to order dessert anyhow, but I knew that I didn't order dessert because I wasn't hungry, not because it was forbidden.)

I hope that all the dieters out there find out about this day, though, so they can have a little of the freedom that we have all year round!
:D

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Sun May 11, 2008 5:03 pm

I'm with CrazyCatLady -- one day a year to eat what you want is not enough.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

Mavilu

Post by Mavilu » Sun May 11, 2008 9:00 pm

Today is Eat What You Want Day??, but, I did that yesterday!.
Just kidding, I'll keep that in mind for today, though.

Today, all I have eaten was a brisket sandwich for breakfast (I'll tell ya: these car and truck expos my husband is so fond of aren't the best places to find sensible food) and I'm not hungry at all, just tired from all the walking, so, I don't know what goodies this sunday will bring yet, but as I net more and more weekends as a NoSer, I find myself that Eat What I Want isn't that much of a big deal any longer.

I wish I could comment on the link you posted, but it won't open for me!.

JustAnnie

Post by JustAnnie » Sun May 11, 2008 9:14 pm

I always thought "Eat What You Want Day" was known as "Thanksgiving". :shock:
Just Annie

You Can't Fail Until You Quit Trying