It's an S day...what's your treat?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

reubenthetadpole

It's an S day...what's your treat?

Post by reubenthetadpole » Sun May 11, 2008 9:55 pm

Just curious what everyone likes to splurge on during their S days...

Me--chocolate malt and curly fries. I'm not a huge chocolate fiend nor much into ice cream, but I do love a malt.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sun May 11, 2008 10:58 pm

Stef,

donuts, chai tea lattes, godiva chocolate, frozen mini peanut butter cups, homemade toll house cookies .... Von's Carrot Cake ...

(btw kwan Von's is a lot like HEB! :) )

that about sums it up for me...

BlueSkighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

Airen08

treats

Post by Airen08 » Sun May 11, 2008 11:37 pm

I went to DQ and ordered a Oreo Brownie Earthquake!! YUM!! Tamed the chocolate monster and now I'm ready to start another week with success!!
SW: 290
CW: 255
GW: 150
Started No-S on 3/1/08 at 290

reubenthetadpole

Post by reubenthetadpole » Mon May 12, 2008 1:27 am

blueskighs wrote:Stef,

donuts, chai tea lattes, godiva chocolate, frozen mini peanut butter cups, homemade toll house cookies .... Von's Carrot Cake ...

(btw kwan Von's is a lot like HEB! :) )

that about sums it up for me...

BlueSkighs
Dude, I LOVE chai lattes! Yummmm....

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Mon May 12, 2008 3:18 am

Stef,
oh my gosh! then you are my best friend ... if I was stripped of ALL my treats I and could only have one ... it would be CHAI LATTES!!!!!!!

OH YES ... Yummmm!

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

Jessies Daughter

Post by Jessies Daughter » Mon May 12, 2008 4:02 am

An order of fries, a slice of Pecan Pound Cake, a half scoop ice cream and a Blood Orange Margarita

Sheiler

Post by Sheiler » Mon May 12, 2008 4:39 am

Hi,
Well, today my treat was a scoop of vanilla ice cream with a little kahlua over it. Hit the spot for me :P

Mavilu

Post by Mavilu » Mon May 12, 2008 7:11 am

I don't have a set list of preferences, I just see what the day develops into and then act on that.
Yesterday I had some lemon sorbet and today, we had a long complicated day and I have slept badly and shortly for two nightsin a row, today, for first time since I was a toddler, I cried out of exhaustion after spending a few hours walking under the sun, so my S of today was eating whatever and whenever I could, a very unstructured affair.
I still managed to have only three meals and only one dessert, though.
And the dessert was something that I learned is of canadian origins: a slice of home-made white bread soaked in thick whipping cream and maple syrup, very simple and very tasty.

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Mon May 12, 2008 4:56 pm

Well since (S)unday was also a special holiday, we had friend shrimp, soft shell crab, oysters and fish, yum!! Then DIL made carrot cake and chocolate cookies. yum! yum! On other S days, I try and keep my meals healthy, but have snacks. God Bless.
Je'sus, j'Ai Confiance dans Vous

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Mon May 12, 2008 5:55 pm

Saturday for breakfast I had a vanilla sugar crepe and cafe au lait. We went out and had a fancy schmancy dinner and I had two espresso martinis (made with fresh espresso and cream -- oh, yum!) and for dessert -- mixed berries with chantilly cream.

Sunday lunch was crab cakes and had a peach/berry crisp for dessert. Dinner was out and had spaghetti and two drinks made with pomegranate juice, limoncello and champagne.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

NoelFigart

Post by NoelFigart » Mon May 12, 2008 6:04 pm

Got a recipe on that espresso martini? That sounds like a GOOD S-day treat.

I'm fanning myself like I'm lookin' at the Diet Coke break boy just thinkin' about it.

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Mon May 12, 2008 11:19 pm

NoelFigart wrote:Got a recipe on that espresso martini? That sounds like a GOOD S-day treat.

I'm fanning myself like I'm lookin' at the Diet Coke break boy just thinkin' about it.
I'll have to ask the bartender. He's a friend of my daughter's and this is his personal recipe -- it's not on the menu at the restaurant. I ordered the one on the menu (a couple of years ago) and he said, "oh, I can make you one better than that" and made this. It's wicked good.

Funny thing about this bartender -- he's never had an alcoholic beverage in his life.
Last edited by wosnes on Mon May 12, 2008 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

3aday

Post by 3aday » Mon May 12, 2008 11:24 pm

Yesterday was an S day and I ate two meals:

Breakfast:
Coffee with half and half
Grilled cheese sandwich

Late lunch at the beach:
Fried calamari
Fish Fingers
Cheese Fries
(About one plate of food)
2 Bay Breezes

Not a veggie in sight! :shock:

But, you know, I didn't enjoy my dinner. I was full yet unsatisfied. I should have ordered what I really wanted....a cheeseburger with tomato, onion, pickles, mayo, mustard, and ketchup. Hubby wanted the fry fest so I went along with what he ordered. Next time, I am going to honor my S day craving and eat what I REALLY want that day.

roseha

Post by roseha » Tue May 13, 2008 3:51 am

Well this weekend was Mom's day and I also met a friend for lunch and we had Pad Thai so that was fun.

If I wanted a treat though I'd really go for a donut or a good scone. But if I can't get those I'll settle for cranberry trail mix.