Would you please note my siggy?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

FarmerHal

Would you please note my siggy?

Post by FarmerHal » Mon May 12, 2008 1:15 pm

30.5 pounds!!! Woohoo!!

With just sticking like glue to N days, not too crazy, but sometimes crazy S days and several weeks of falling off the wagon (but taking the no seconds with me, and most days, no sweets).

If I can do it... anyone can!

I started Dec. 15, '06.

Now if I could step up the exercise, that would help!
I'm also watching my portions, because I do tend to go overboard, occasionally.

And this is the best diet I've been on, because I can make the most deccadent desserts on the weekends and eat whatever! Yum-O.

30lbs is like one of those bags of dog food! Yowza!

I must keep on S'ing!!

:-D I'm VERY happy!!
{FarmerHal} ...previously Shamrockmommy...
Vanilla NoS... Making good habits.
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

alien-bear

Wow!

Post by alien-bear » Mon May 12, 2008 1:40 pm

That is so inspiring, slow and steady, no craziness necessary.

I also love that you admit to some mistakes but are still reaping the rewards of continuing to try and not throwing the baby out with the bath water.

Congratulations, you are my Shero!

kccc

Post by kccc » Mon May 12, 2008 1:41 pm

Tiffani, congrats!

Isn't it amazing that you can lose that much on such a sustainable plan?

I am sure that a lot of the new folks on the board will really appreciate your sharing - great inspiration! :)

Airen08

Post by Airen08 » Mon May 12, 2008 2:04 pm

Congratulations!! I know exactly what 30 lbs feels like! I've lost really fast the first 3 months...and now I'm slowing WAYYY down - which is okay by me. I find the No S to be extremely simple and I haven't had much of a problem sticking to it. Now exercise on the other hand - I need a slap on my booty!! I've got to start exercising to keep losing!

Way to go on the loss...may we both continue!!!
SW: 290
CW: 255
GW: 150
Started No-S on 3/1/08 at 290

JillyBean

Post by JillyBean » Mon May 12, 2008 2:17 pm

Congratulations!

The trend I have been on (while continuing to try this or that diet and this or that exercise plan all the time ) is to gain about 5 - 10 pounds a year. If I can continue with what I am doing right now and be 30 pounds lighter in 2 years (give or take - I know we are all different), that is the best news I have had since I heard I was having a healthy baby!

Oh, and in case you think I recently heard I am having a healthy baby, forget that! It was 18 years ago! But it was earth-shatteringly good news at the time and I still remember the day!

I haven't done a food plan I have enjoyed and knew that I could sustain for life until this one. And if I lose weight, instead of gain each year, that's a bonus. Thanks for sharing your inspiration!!
Jill

The food I eat today is my choice! What price am I willing to pay?

"There are no failures, only feedback." ~~ Robert Allen

Amyliz

Post by Amyliz » Mon May 12, 2008 2:20 pm

Thanks for sharing your success!!
Amyliz

START: 03/30/08 - 158- 161lbs range
Current: 145-148lbs range
On 12/22/09 I saw 145 on the scale for the first time in 7 years!

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon May 12, 2008 2:56 pm

Congratulations, Tifanni! And thank you for posting just now. With so many people running into up front trouble recently, your impressive and sustained success gives timely inspiration.

Reinhard

Laff

Post by Laff » Mon May 12, 2008 3:42 pm

Congratulations! You are an inspiration!!
Gotta smile. Laff

Achieving begins with believing!

NoelFigart

Post by NoelFigart » Mon May 12, 2008 3:46 pm

First, CONGRATS!

Second, THANKS!

I needed the "slow is good" reminder.

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Mon May 12, 2008 4:28 pm

Thanks guys!

Really, with plenty of failures, even weeks at a time (had a rough January! well and February and half of March!) the weight just came off without me hardly noticing. Because I was just trying to keep the N days clean and not go too crazy on S days.

So yes, slow and steady.
If I can do it, so can you! And I hope to get another 34 off yet, maybe more.
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Mon May 12, 2008 4:29 pm

Airen08 wrote:Congratulations!! I know exactly what 30 lbs feels like! I've lost really fast the first 3 months...and now I'm slowing WAYYY down - which is okay by me. I find the No S to be extremely simple and I haven't had much of a problem sticking to it. Now exercise on the other hand - I need a slap on my booty!! I've got to start exercising to keep losing!

Way to go on the loss...may we both continue!!!
Great Job Airen! Doesn't it feel so much better!?

Great luck with continued Sing :)
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

AnnaBanana

Post by AnnaBanana » Mon May 12, 2008 5:48 pm

What an inspiration! :)
Laura Ann
SW: 282
CW: 173
GW: 150-185

Then the time came when the pain of staying a tight bud became greater than the risk it took to bloom.

Rheba

Post by Rheba » Tue May 13, 2008 12:32 am

Way to go, Tiffani! It gives us all hope and inspiration!!! :D :D :D Thanks for posting this!

3aday

Post by 3aday » Tue May 13, 2008 12:33 am

That is absolutely wonderful!
I am so proud of you!

Dawn

Post by Dawn » Tue May 13, 2008 2:10 am

That's without dieting!!! And you have proved that you don't have to be perfect all the time to get there. This tells me that I will get there too.

I saw my Dr. today and without going into too much detail I told her I am eating better and exercise more consistantly and at my next visit next year I plan to be 10 pounds lighter. She said that is a great and doable goal and wished more people would take that approach. I wrote down what their horrible scale said in my date book so I can compare it to next years weight.

Thanks so much for sharing with us.

So tell us what's it like telling people how you did it when they ask. What kind of a reaction do you get? I am too new and the very few people that I have told had that "here she goes again" look in their eyes.
Dawn

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Tue May 13, 2008 5:18 am

Tiffani,

CONGRATULATIONS on your tenacity, perservance and SUCCESS!

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Tue May 13, 2008 10:17 am

You are doing fantastic, Tiffani!! I am so proud of you!! I agree~your progress is inspiring!

Keep up the great work! We'll keep cheering you on :P 8)
Hilary
_______

"Habit, if not resisted, soon becomes necessity."-St Augustine

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."-Thomas Jefferson

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Tue May 13, 2008 2:37 pm

Thanks everyone :)
Glad to inspire some people, as I said, it was not always easy and definitely not perfect (and I'm sure tehre are going to be some screw-ups in the future too) but that's ok. You learn from your mistakes.

The 2 things that carry me the most are in my siggy- S's aren't going to change my emotions or solve my problems and that it's ok to be a little hungry sometimes. I mean, sure, raving hunger is a bit uncomfortable but most of the average hunger pangs can be ignored until the next meal.

Dawn, the weight loss has been so slow hardly anyone asks. If they do I proudly tell them about noS and hope they'll come check it out.

I even told a (very overweight) mom at a mall playground this weekend about it. She was complaining very loudly to her friends that she's been on every diet created and nothing "works" at all for her. (Of course she was sipping on a soda- one of those 32 oz ones!). Anyway, she's in complete denial and when I told her she gave me a "shut up" look, so I doubt we'll see here here, but I'm excited about S'ing anyway!

So, if I can do it, slow and steady with MANY screw-ups, anyone can. :)
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Tue May 13, 2008 2:40 pm

I've been lurking in this post for a while. I just wanted to say congrats! And your admitting your screw-ups makes me feel better about my screw-ups too.
"Anyone can cook." ~ Chef Gusteau, Ratatouille

DebbiAnn

Post by DebbiAnn » Tue May 13, 2008 2:49 pm

Thanks for the inspiration, and Congrat on your success.

I read this board faithfully every day and it has helped keep me going. I am only on week 3 and havent gotten much exercise yet (still working on that). But am glad to know that others are having the same problem and still succeeding. I have tried other programs. (all other programs) and talk to those who are doing so well. But they just dont work for me. Although I am only 40 lbs ob. I feel that I cant follow anything for any length of time. This plan is so simple, how can I fail. Even if it takes me 2-3 years to loose, Im still ahead.

Thanks again

Debbi

BrightAngel

Post by BrightAngel » Tue May 13, 2008 3:01 pm

dvmccown wrote:This plan is so simple, how can I fail.
Even if it takes me 2-3 years to loose, I'm still ahead.

Debbi
Excellent point :!:
BrightAngel - (Dr. Collins)
See: DietHobby. com

katie1980

Post by katie1980 » Wed May 14, 2008 3:45 am

Fab! :D

I was talking to a guy at work about "diets" the other day, and he's of the "deprive yourself til you're thin" school of thought. There's no way I would stick to that, as I'd totally give up, but he refuses to see that by relaxing the rules at weekends there's only so much "damage" you can do in 2 days, especially compaed to the boost it gives you to get through the week. He reckons if you break it, it's smashed and you don't start again. Guess who's lost more weight, though! :wink: :P Hee hee!

Sheiler

Post by Sheiler » Thu May 15, 2008 12:59 am

I think every diet other than this one is of the no-pain-no-gain variety. That's why 98% of them ultimately fail. For most of us, staying with our old eating habits we could expect to gain several pounds a year over the foreseeable future, so just staying even would be an accomplishment But to be able to anticipate losing at a steady rate over the next however many years it takes, just by being sensible, is a miracle. And you're helping show that it's possible. Thanks, and congratulations. :)

katie1980

Post by katie1980 » Thu May 15, 2008 4:46 am

Nichole wrote:I've been lurking in this post for a while. I just wanted to say congrats! And your admitting your screw-ups makes me feel better about my screw-ups too.
And the best bit is that because this diet is so moderate and sensible, even the "screw ups" are limited! If you go nuts, then it's a lot easier to say I'll just carry on, because the penalties for "falling off" are less severe, and you know that in 5 days or less that you are going to get another chance to eat whatever it was that you felt you needed. This definitely helps keep me as sane as I ever am! :lol:

If I were never allowed cake until I'm the "correct" weight, I would never get there as I'd always be craving those things and then not being able to hold out for *months*, so I'd eat it anyway. Because I can have it on a weekend, it feels a lot more like the treat it is as well :)

cornelia

Post by cornelia » Thu May 15, 2008 6:01 pm

It is so nice to read about people who aren't perfect, yet still succeed on this way of eating. Had a bad week last week. Husband has dementia and was in hospital for depression, then there is my 92 year old mother, who requires attention, my 40 hour a week job. I got to a point where I didn't want to think about plates, snacking, stacking, sugar, seconds or any other food related subject. It all seemed so pointless. However, I managed to hang in there even tho my food choices weren't necessarily mine, just convenient at the time. Just going to this discussion group and reading all the different problems and successes helped me so much. Everyone has problems. This week has been fine. My husband is better for now. He asked me yesterday if we could have ice cream on my next S day. I was surprised, because this is a man who can't remember that it's Thursday, so I asked him how in the world he remembered S days and N days. (or even that such a diet existed) He said the N stands for "no" and the S stands for "strawberries", because we had strawberries on my last S (Sunday) day and ""no" strawberries the rest of the week. If he can figure it out, I would say that just about anyone can.