My first day.

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Jayhawk28

My first day.

Post by Jayhawk28 » Mon May 12, 2008 2:16 pm

Today is my fist n day. I weighed in at 233 this morning. I'm a 5'10, 32 year old male.

It went to the grocery store yesterday. It was very relaxing. I didn't worry about carbs during the trip. I bought rice, corn, tortillas, fruit and potatos. I haven't done that in a long time.

For breakfast this morning, I had a breakfast burrito - whole wheat tortilla with beans, eggs, cheese and salsa. I also had fresh fruit - strawberries, grapes and bananas. it all fit on my plate. I loved it.

The more I thought about it, the more I realized that rice, corn, potatos and fruit are natural and healthy. There is no reason I shouldn't eat them. What's not healthy is Taco Bell and Pizza Hut.

My hope is that after 5 days of filling my plate with good food that I make at home - that I won't fill like binging on fast food. Afterall, that's how I got to be 233 pounds in the first place.

I'll try to chime into tonight and let everyone know how the first full day went.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon May 12, 2008 3:13 pm

Welcome!

I think you'll find that the "spotlight" of 3 single plate meals will gently but effectively nudges you to food that balances healthy and delicious better than any explicit nutritional rules. Pizza, hut etc. are allowed -- but how many of your limited meals do you really want to blow on that stuff? And congratulations on not letting yourself be distracted by "carbs." Our skinny ancestors ate far more of the stuff than we do, percentage wise (they were too poor for much expensive fat and protein). "The staff of life" wasn't just a figure of speech -- they would have been dead without it.

Reinhard

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Mon May 12, 2008 4:32 pm

Sounds like you're already getting a handle on your meals. I love b'fast burritos. They're a great, warm start to the day, plenty of protein to get you going and keep you full till lunch.

Good luck in your journey. 233 lbs was a stickler of anumber for me. I sat there at that weight for weeeeeks before I dropped.
:)
{FarmerHal} ...previously Shamrockmommy...
Vanilla NoS... Making good habits.
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

JustAnnie

Post by JustAnnie » Mon May 12, 2008 4:35 pm

Jayhawk - Congratulations on beginning this new way of life. I guarantee you that if you stay with it for a month that you'll feel better, look better, and be proud of your new found self control. Welcome.
Just Annie

You Can't Fail Until You Quit Trying

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Mon May 12, 2008 4:36 pm

Welcome! I find that hubby and I are eating more fruits and veggies. We have not done that in a long time. Although, we went overboard yesterday, it was a holiday and an S day, we really are doing well for the week. God Bless you on your journey.
Je'sus, j'Ai Confiance dans Vous

BrightAngel

Re: My first day.

Post by BrightAngel » Mon May 12, 2008 4:39 pm

Jayhawk28 wrote:Today is my fist n day.
Jayhawk,
I'll enjoy watching your success.
BrightAngel - (Dr. Collins)
See: DietHobby. com