100 pounds to lose group

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

AnnaBanana

100 pounds to lose group

Post by AnnaBanana » Mon May 12, 2008 2:27 pm

I was noticing there were several people that have a significant amount of weight to lose like I do. I want to lose anywhere from 60 to 100 pounds depending on how low my body will go. I was wondering if you guys would like to post daily to share tips on how we each are doing this and our weight loss stats. Anyone can post and add suggestions but since we have a different set of circumstances than most on here I thought it might be nice to have the support for each other.

Plus, maybe Reinhard will do another article or book some day and we can be his big losers. :)
Laura Ann
SW: 282
CW: 173
GW: 150-185

Then the time came when the pain of staying a tight bud became greater than the risk it took to bloom.

tracey

Post by tracey » Mon May 12, 2008 2:44 pm

Hey there -

I've got over 100 pounds to lose and always look for others in the same situation.

I figure I've probably got 140lbs to lose, give or take how my body looks and cooperates.

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Mon May 12, 2008 4:40 pm

I have about 106 pounds to lose. Hubby has a little less, but not much. It would be nice if we could help each other take things one day and one meal at a time. God Bless.
Je'sus, j'Ai Confiance dans Vous

AnnaBanana

Post by AnnaBanana » Mon May 12, 2008 5:38 pm

Okay ... let's do this together. What do you guys think about posting our menus every day. We can also put start weight, current weight and goal weight, too. I know for me I both need and want to hear what others my size are eating and still losing. I have had several stops and starts and it is my failure to trust that the program will work and I start tweaking. Let's come every day and post to each other in support. If you mess up that's okay too. As long as we keep coming back and never give up this will eventually work and we will build habits.

Progress not perfection!

Okay here goes:

SW 264
CW 258
GW 150-200 (I know this is broad but my doc encouraged me to set my GW much higher since I've been overweight for so many years)
Laura Ann

Then the time came when the pain of staying a tight bud became greater than the risk it took to bloom.

AnnaBanana

Post by AnnaBanana » Mon May 12, 2008 5:56 pm

I'm going to revise my start weight. A year ago it was 282. I'll take every loss I can, even if the beginning was not No S'ing.
Laura Ann

Airen08

Post by Airen08 » Mon May 12, 2008 5:59 pm

This sounds wonderful!! Just what I was looking for when I started joining in here. I've been No-Sing on my own since March. Just decided to join in discussions here Saturday. I would love to post daily for extra support!

I would like to post my menu and exercise daily to keep me accountable. Here's today's plan:

B - 1 bowl Fiber One with skim milk
L - Lean Cuisine Sweet and Sour Chicken
D - Lean Cuisine Spaghetti with 1 piece of garlic toast

Exercise - walked for 50 minutes around the school building during my lunch hour.

As you can see I'm a lean cuisine eater. I'm single and hate to cook for just me. I almost always eat one for lunch and dinner. So far I've been losing super fast doing that, but now I've slowed down and have to incorporate exercise into my plan. I look forward to getting to know all of you better!
SW: 290
CW: 255
GW: 150
Started No-S on 3/1/08 at 290

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Mon May 12, 2008 8:22 pm

SW:236
CW:232.5
GW:130
Breakfast:
1/2 cup fiber one with milk
large naval orange

Lunch:
1/2 cup fiber one (didn't have time to prepare anything)
one proactiv yogurt
strawberris

Supper(or Dinner if you choose):
Fried Shrimp
1/2 baked potato
small piece french bread
pineapple

AnnaBanana

Post by AnnaBanana » Tue May 13, 2008 12:37 am

Okay guys... back to report my day's food:

B: 2 eggs scrambled with ham and cheese, 1 strawberry, glass of milk

L: Lean cuisine, salad with tons of different veggies, 3 strawberries, glass of milk.

D: Eggplant parmesan, side of asparagus pasta, orange, yogurt (lots of food, but it all fit on a plate, albeit piled)

I'm getting back on track after faltering for a few weeks so until I feel my hunger get better under control, meals will be larger (probably mostly dinner)
Laura Ann

AnnaBanana

Post by AnnaBanana » Tue May 13, 2008 12:39 am

I've also noticed that when I'm on track I seem to get all my fruits and veggies in even without trying. What I have found by trial and error that, at least for me, a balance of food, carb, protein, fruit, veggie, dairy.... all represented... holds me longer and I feel much better.
Laura Ann

tracey

Post by tracey » Tue May 13, 2008 3:10 am

Phew.

OK, here goes ..

SW: 285

Yeah .. that's a lot of numbers to get rid of.

Hey Airen, you've lost 49 pounds, that's awesome. What did you do to lose the weight, the lean cuisine? I notice you've only been doing NoS for a month and a half and I hope you haven't lost all that in that time frame. ;)

Sheiler

Post by Sheiler » Tue May 13, 2008 5:19 am

I'm not normally on the computer every day, and the thing I like about NoS is that I don't have to track my every meal, or even think that much about it, just eat, enjoy, and get on with my life. I also don't plan on spending a lot of time on a scale, since I find the normal ups and downs demotivating. Once a week or twice a month gives me enough data points to keep track of the trend. But, that said, I have a lot of pounds to lose, and It will be a long journey, and the support and encouragement from friends who are on the same road would be invaluable in helping to build new habits to last a lifetime.

Airen08

Post by Airen08 » Tue May 13, 2008 10:56 am

Good Morning Everyone!

Here's my plan for the day:

B - 1 bowl Special K with berries, skim milk, nature valley bar
L - Lean Cuisine Penne Pasta with Marinara and raw veggies with dip
D - Lean Cuisine Dinner Selects Chicken and Veggies

Yesterday was a success...I stuck right to the plan with no slip ups.

Have a great day everyone!

Airen08

Post by Airen08 » Tue May 13, 2008 10:59 am

Tracey - Actually I have only lost 31 lbs. And it's been two and a half months. I did lose the 31 lbs in that time frame just doing the lean cuisines for lunch and dinner and cereal for breakfast. It's been really fast...but now it's finally slowing down. I'm having to add exercise everyday to keep the loses going. I'm glad to be losing slow now, though, because every other diet I've been on I lost fast and gained it back just as fast! Thanks for the compliment!

Buffalo Gal

Post by Buffalo Gal » Tue May 13, 2008 12:00 pm

Count me in! Today's menu:

B - Multigrain Cheerios with 1/2 banana and TBS raisins (whole milk cause it fills you up)

L - small bagel with turkey/lettuce/cheese, 1 orange and 1/2 cup pasta salad

D - Grilled chicken breast/green beans and brown rice (topped with parm cheese and walnuts).

SW 275
CW 265
GW 150 ish
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Tue May 13, 2008 2:35 pm

LauraAnn wrote:I've also noticed that when I'm on track I seem to get all my fruits and veggies in even without trying. What I have found by trial and error that, at least for me, a balance of food, carb, protein, fruit, veggie, dairy.... all represented... holds me longer and I feel much better.
The same for me.

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Tue May 13, 2008 2:39 pm

Good Morning! Here is my menu for today
9am-1/2 cup fiber one
Milk (2% until I run out)
Pineapple/strawberries

2pm-Small Hamburger patti
1/2 small baked potato
cucumber/tomato salad
Lg. Naval Orange

7pm-Shrimp
1/2 baked potato
cucumber/tomato salad
Strawberries

AnnaBanana

Post by AnnaBanana » Tue May 13, 2008 6:24 pm

Hi everyone...

going to post my today's menu:

B: 2 eggs scrambled, 1 slice buttered toast, 1 orange, glass of milk.
L: Lean cuisine, salad, sliced apple, glass of milk.
D: Will be grilled chicken breast, baked sweet potato, roasted brussel sprouts, orange, glass of milk

I saw my hub eyeing my plate of food at lunch skeptically, but what he doesn't realize is that, unless you look close, you don't realize half of the plate is fruit and veggies. I think I am not eating that much different... maybe just smaller portions of main dish and rounding out the plate with veggies, fruit and regularly drinking my milk. Sure doesn't feel like a diet to me and I'm loving.

As a side note... when I adhere to the three meals and no snacks or seconds, I don't get blood sugar drops or crashes like I used to. I was scared it would make it worse, but it didn't... it actually improved. I used to think I had to eat every 2 hours to keep from getting the shakes but in reality eating only 3 meals is tremendously improving it. Everytime you eat it triggers an insulin response so I am guessing less frequent eating means lower insulin levels... which is a GREAT thing.
Laura Ann

Buffalo Gal

Post by Buffalo Gal » Tue May 13, 2008 8:05 pm

LauraAnn,

I know what you mean about crashes. Now that I am eating three balanced meals a day I never hit the 2:00 wall at work. I am full of energy all day and am sleeping much better.

Buffalo Gal

AnnaBanana

Post by AnnaBanana » Wed May 14, 2008 1:30 am

okay guys... loggin back in to say supper ended up being spaghetti and salad. I will admit to two bites of ice cream and for a second I had that crushing feeling I get when I start beating myself up about *failing again*, but I brushed it off and for the first time in I can't remember, I told myself that I had the power to change things and that it had been within me all along. I put the ice cream down, peeled an orange and went about my business.

In a million ways this was more of a success than a perfect day. I have not believed in myself in a long time.
Laura Ann

CrazyCatLady

Post by CrazyCatLady » Wed May 14, 2008 1:39 am

Just excellent, LauraAnn! Way to go!

I am 110 pounds heavier than my "baseline" adult weight. I don't expect to ever weigh that again. But I am down 10 pounds from my heaviest ever weight, and maybe I will lose another 90 pounds. Who knows?

I definitely fit in this group, and will follow along. I prefer not to post what I ate, because I prefer the freedom of not thinking about food so much. But will read along and encourage and be encouraged on our long journey!
:D

tracey

Post by tracey » Wed May 14, 2008 3:57 am

CrazyCatLady -

I'm with you on not posting menu's, this plan isn't about that for me and focusing on it makes me feel like I'm on a diet which is the opposite of how I feel about NoS.

Welcome!

jules

Post by jules » Wed May 14, 2008 8:40 am

yeah i'm w/ CCL and Tracey on this one, not gonna post menus. However, I definitely have at least 100 lbs to lose.

I found a couple of years ago that I actually like to exercise! Who knew? So I'm working more strongly now on returning to the exercise habit. However, I'm trying very basic no-s. Getting the 3 plates a day. My biggest food problem is portion size and seconds. Next would be food choices.

I don't really have a problem with sweets or snacks. While I do like things like chocolate, I'm perfectly happy going for weeks without a bite of it. I do snack sometimes.

So my plan of attack:

1. renew exercise habit
2. 3 meals a day (sometimes i eat two half meals instead of one bigger meal and I'm sure this is where I get some extra calories)
3. no seconds
4. work on what goes on plate.

I may end up switching 3 & 4. Not sure. lol. And I plan to ease into this. It took me quite a while, actually, to gain all this weight. It's going to take a while to take it off.

jules

Airen08

Post by Airen08 » Wed May 14, 2008 10:56 am

Good Morning!

I find that posting my menu keeps me honest since I post in the mornings before I eat. It's kind of like a plan of action for me and I rarely go off "the plan". It's worked so far and I'm not about to start tweaking anything! I also enjoy - like another poster said above - seeing what everyone else is eating and how their losses are.

B - 1 bowl Special K with skim milk, nature valley bar
L - Large Grilled Chicken Salad with Ranch Dressing
D - Lean Cuisine Chicken with Veggies and 1 piece of garlic toast

Have a great day everyone!

Buffalo Gal

Post by Buffalo Gal » Wed May 14, 2008 12:04 pm

I have to change yesterdays dinner ... we had pizza. I had two small squares and some cauliflower (no seconds). This was a hugh step for me. Usually I would eat half a pizza by myself. This time I just stopped.

B - 1 Orange and small buttered bagel @ 8:00 EST
L - Shrimp w/cocktail sauce and med salad @ 12:15
D - The chicken/green beans and rice I was supposed to have yesterday

Buffalo Gal

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed May 14, 2008 2:02 pm

I think this is a great idea!

There are at least two no-essers I know of that qualify already: Josie (who was interviewed for the woman's world article) and James.

Airen, you're off to an astonishing start! But please don't feel inadequate if it takes the rest of you a little longer -- it almost certainly will. It's best to budget YEARS to sustainably take off 100+ pounds. Brian Wansink advises to expect half a pound a week for sustainable weight loss, so 52 weeks * .5 = 26 pounds a year. This is obviously a very crude metric, but useful, I think, in terms of setting expectations. If it happens a little faster, great. But brace yourself for a long journey.

Best of luck!

Reinhard

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Wed May 14, 2008 5:04 pm

Good Morning and thanks Reinhard for the words of encouragement.

Today's Menu
Breakfast:
1/2 cup Fiber one
Milk
Lg. Naval Orange

Lunch
6 Friend Shrimp
baked potato (1/2)
cucumber-tomato
strawberries

Supper
Small Hamburger Patti
baked potato (1/2)
cucumber-tomato
strawberries

My husband got a new toy not that long ago, a riding lawn mower, he cuts not only our yard but the neighbors, one of the elderly ladies is a wonderful baker who makes tarts from scratch, they are awesome, and even though he does not want to be paid for cutting her yard, we seem to be always getting tarts because "she makes too many", well he was sitting with me on the deck swing trying to convince me that since we are off today and we have tarts that it should be an S day, I told him no and put 2 of the dozen tarts in the freezer for the weekend, gave some to the young man next door, fixed some for my worker and the rest is going to my son and his wife. Had this been in our pre-S days, we would have each eaten one and put the rest in the freezer for US, but, now we can each have one Saturday night as a treat and not miss the rest.

Hope everyone has a blessed day.

AnnaBanana

Post by AnnaBanana » Wed May 14, 2008 8:32 pm

Hi guys... wanted to post this and see what you thought. I don't know if I'm in denial or actually changing from the inside out. I hope it is the latter.

The first week I did No S I had 7 perfect straight days and then all fell apart. I imagine it's going on 3 weeks that I've been doing this and I've fallen off the wagon and climbed right back on several times (okay maybe more than several), but what I find fascinating is that I don't use it as an excuse. I mentioned in another post that because I'm not rebelling against a diet that was telling me what I could and couldn't eat, that I am actually working and struggling with things that are inside of me. I'm examining why I chose to do the things I did. The triggers. The emotions. The fears. And I think that's a good thing. For the first time in my life I feel like it is ME who has the power. Or at least I'm getting there. I always believed myself to be weak, but that's not true.

I believe 100% that I will take this weight off. It might take me 2-3 years but I'll get there. But I want to celebrate along the way. Learn things about myself. So when I feel like I've arrived I'll realize I've been there all along.

Okay... I hope this doesn't sound too hokey. Just sharing feelings and thoughts here. :)
Laura Ann

AnnaBanana

Post by AnnaBanana » Wed May 14, 2008 8:35 pm

Reinhard -- thanks for letting us do the 100 lb board. I think people in this situation have some unique emotions that they have to deal with that can be pretty intense and it is nice to have a safe place to share.
Laura Ann

CrazyCatLady

Post by CrazyCatLady » Wed May 14, 2008 10:24 pm

LauraAnn wrote: I mentioned in another post that because I'm not rebelling against a diet that was telling me what I could and couldn't eat, that I am actually working and struggling with things that are inside of me. I'm examining why I chose to do the things I did. The triggers. The emotions. The fears. And I think that's a good thing. For the first time in my life I feel like it is ME who has the power. Or at least I'm getting there. I always believed myself to be weak, but that's not true.

I believe 100% that I will take this weight off. It might take me 2-3 years but I'll get there. But I want to celebrate along the way. Learn things about myself. So when I feel like I've arrived I'll realize I've been there all along.
Yes, YES, YES! I have not been able to put it into words myself, but this is IT! This is a big reason of why No S works for me. There is no reason to cheat, to rebel against the diet. We are in charge!

And I truly enjoy reading other people's posts about what they ate! Sounds weird, since I don't want to take the time or effort to post, but I think the meal posters and the non-meal posters can work together well here!

Sheiler

Post by Sheiler » Wed May 14, 2008 10:38 pm

I agree with crazycatlady, I think it's a great blend. I like to see what other people's menus are, might even post mine occasionally, but right now I don't want to have to plan that much. I do want to be a part of this incredibly motivating group,though. And LauraAnn, just keep getting back up there. As long as you get up one more time than you fall, you'll get there in the end. :)

DianeA2Z

Post by DianeA2Z » Thu May 15, 2008 2:10 am

Oh, I'm with you! I will, however, along with some others refrain from posting my menus, but only because I so hate to keep track of everything. I will be thrilled to cheer everyone on, and come here for support. I need to come back later to read everything, 'cause dinner is ready and hubby is squawking at me to come eat my salad.

Later all!
Diane
Visit www.MaximizeYourWellness.com
(Ok, a shameless plug). I'm just here to learn how to say No to the S!

Airen08

Post by Airen08 » Thu May 15, 2008 11:35 am

Good Morning Everyone!

I did really well yesterday, but did not do it perfect. I had a sugar free vanilla caramel pudding after dinner. I grew up with dessert at the end of a meal and this is one habit I have to quit. I did get some walking in though.

Today's Plan
B - Fiber One with Banana and skim milk
L - 2 hotdogs with chili and coleslaw, bag of baked chips, diet coke (I am supporting our school's Speech Team so they can go to state - they are making hotdogs today for lunch for $5)
D - Lean Cuisine, garlic toast, glass of milk

Hope everyone has a bad-habit free day!!

Buffalo Gal

Post by Buffalo Gal » Thu May 15, 2008 2:28 pm

So today is gonna be a RED day!

B - Raisin bagel and 1 orange @ 8:00

Snack - 1 roll with butter @ 10:00

L - Personal Pizza with salad @ 12:30

D - NY Strip steak with gilled veggies and onion rings @ 6:30

I woke up with a sore throat. I eat when I am sick. I am trying to keep it to a MIN but the roll (ugh bread is going to kill me) was too much to resist today. I resist those rolls everyday (our warehouse manager brings them in) but I am sick and weak today.

FYI ... I have really reduced the amount of bread (especially white) I consume.

Buffalo Gal :(

SW 275
CW 265
GW 150

Sheiler

Post by Sheiler » Thu May 15, 2008 4:32 pm

I thought sick days were S days :?

Buffalo Gal

Post by Buffalo Gal » Thu May 15, 2008 4:49 pm

Sheiler,

I never thought of that. I am going to change my HabitCal right now. Thanks...I feel better :D

Buffalo Gal

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Thu May 15, 2008 6:45 pm

Good Afternoona all. Our internet was down this morning due to bad weather, so I did not get to post my menu for the day:

9am- 1/2 cup fiber one
Milk
Small Apple

2pm-small hambuger patti
cream potatoes with onion and gravy
cucumber-tomato
pineapple

7pm- same as lunch

Have a blessed day.

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Fri May 16, 2008 12:42 pm

Good Morning! Well my menu today is the same as yesterday. The way hubby and I work I try and cook meals that will last over several days. Tomorrow is weigh in for us, hope we do well. God Bless and have a wonderful day.

Airen08

Post by Airen08 » Fri May 16, 2008 12:49 pm

Hello All!

I am sick too - sore throat, stopped up nose, ear ache, and head feels like it might explode. I'm actually quite the opposite of you, I don't have any appetite when I am sick. Today is no exception. Guess I can't post a menu today since I'm not sure I'll be eating much of anything. Yesterday was a great day...stuck to plan and wasn't hungry in the least for a night time snack. Have a great day everyone!

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Fri May 16, 2008 12:55 pm

Airen08 wrote:Hello All!

I am sick too - sore throat, stopped up nose, ear ache, and head feels like it might explode. I'm actually quite the opposite of you, I don't have any appetite when I am sick. Today is no exception. Guess I can't post a menu today since I'm not sure I'll be eating much of anything. Yesterday was a great day...stuck to plan and wasn't hungry in the least for a night time snack. Have a great day everyone!
Hope you feel better soon. God Bless. :)

AnnaBanana

Post by AnnaBanana » Fri May 16, 2008 2:22 pm

Waving hi to everyone... working... be back later to post. :)
Laura Ann

Buffalo Gal

Post by Buffalo Gal » Fri May 16, 2008 3:20 pm

Hi all!

Still sick - head cold! Yesterday was not a total loss but was not actually a No S day either.

B - 2 Mini Bagels and 4 strawberries
L - Brown Rice with broccoli and 1 orange
D- my son is talking me to the movies so I have no idea

Rainy weekend ahead so I think I am going to rest and maybe paint my den.

Buffalo Gal

SW 275
CW 265
GW 150

Beckycan

Post by Beckycan » Fri May 16, 2008 11:17 pm

Hi Ladies,

I'd like to join your "group" here -- I've added my weights to my signature and I'm ready to commit to Nos again.

I've been eating in the red all week long...seems like I always come to my senses on Friday. This is such a sensible plan, I just cannot give up! I will not let this be another diet failure. This is a lifestyle change.

I'm going to spend a month, May 16 - June 15 concentrating on no seconds. Then will tackle another Nos. I don't eat seconds all the time, only with foods I really like. Today it was pizza, I had 3 1/2 slices for lunch. :oops:

Becky
SW 295
CW 292
GW 175

A turtle travels only when he sticks his neck out. Korean Proverb

CrazyCatLady

Post by CrazyCatLady » Sat May 17, 2008 2:46 am

Yay, Becky, that sounds like a GREAT plan! It took me forever to get the hang of this, too, but I knew that I could not possibly go back to my old way of eating, and just gaining and gaining!

Hope those who are sick feel better soon. Lets all have great S days, and enjoy our indulgences. I have FOURTEEN successful No S days!
http://everydaysystems.com/habitcal/vie ... edscrubbed

I really craved a sweet after lunch today, and really wanted crap, but didn't eat it! I CAN do this, and by next week will have my 21 days! And I've lost 10 pounds total from my highest ever weight. Maybe someday I will be ready to post my numbers in my siggy...everyone here is so wonderful, and so brave.
:D

Beckycan

Post by Beckycan » Sat May 17, 2008 1:42 pm

CatLady you are doing great!
After giving further thought, I've decided that I need to tackle snacks first, since I rarely have seconds anyway.

Today's plan
Breakfast: Oatmeal with dried apples and brown sugar
Lunch: Leftover pizza
Dinner: Invited to a graduation party Luau (sp?)

Becky
SW 295
CW 292
GW 175

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Sat May 17, 2008 2:09 pm

Good Morning everyone. Hope all who are sick are feeling better.
Hubby and I had our weekly weigh ins today. I lost 3pounds! That in itself is nothing short of a miracle. Hubby lost a quarter of a pound.

Menu for today:

Breakfast:
2 Slices wheat toast with smart balance butter
1 egg
3/4 banana(dog got other 1/4)

Lunch:
1 Slice wheat toast
deli ham (this one is low in fat)
cucumber-tomato salad
small piece cheese cake

Supper:
Hubby is going through the "eating out" withdrawls, so as of yet, don't know where we are going.

Hope everyone has a blessed day.

Airen08

Post by Airen08 » Mon May 19, 2008 11:53 am

Alrighty...it's Monday...and it's back to the grind!

I was sick all weekend so I didn't eat as much as I had planned. I did get in my little treat Sat. night even though I didn't have very many taste buds to enjoy it with. Oh well.

Today I am working away from my school at the board so I have no idea what lunch will end up being...but as a basic plan I think I can get a nice loaded salad anywhere we go in town.

B - Fiber One Clusters, Banana, milk
L - Salad
D - Lean Cuisine Penne Pasta Marinara, Garlic Toast

I dropped 2 more pounds this week...but I'm sure a pound was from being sick. Enjoy your day everyone!!

Beckycan

Post by Beckycan » Mon May 19, 2008 1:36 pm

Someone brought homemade cinnamon rolls with cream cheese icing to work last night...sure was glad it was an S day. I ate 1/2 a cinn. roll and was going to stop. Then went into the break room to get coffee and was persuaded to have another...I went to my desk and ended up spilling the whole cup of coffee and the soggy wet cinnamon roll went in the trash. I think it was divine intervention! :lol:

I'm out of school now until June 9 when summer classes start. Bought a new blouse pattern and so I plan to do some sewing and some badly needed spring cleaning.

Have a great N day today, everyone!

Becky
SW 295
CW 292
GW 175

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Mon May 19, 2008 1:39 pm

Good Morning all! Airen hope you feel bettter and congratulations on the weight loss.

9am-
1/2 cup fiber one
Milk
Orange

2pm-
Ham sandwich
cucumber-tomato salad
small bag of chips

7pm-same as lunch

Beckycan

Post by Beckycan » Mon May 19, 2008 6:05 pm

Back to post the day's food:

B: Oatmeal with dried apples, cinnamon, and a touch of brown sugar

L: Ham, 1/2 baked potato, steamed/buttered broccoli
(Using my 9" plate, it looked like a lot of food, was quite satisfying but not too much!)

D: Teriyaki chicken, steamed rice, fried zucchini.
SW 295
CW 292
GW 175

Airen08

Post by Airen08 » Tue May 20, 2008 1:01 pm

Hello Everyone!

I had a great, succesful day yesterday. Today I have to go to the doctor and take a fasting test - so no breakfast for me...which I might just add on a meal at the end of the day if I get super hungry or bulk up on lunch so I don't feel like binging at the end of the day. We'll see what happens.

B - none - fasting blood test
L - Grilled Chicken Salad with turkey sandwich
D - Lean Cuisine Sweedish Meatballs, 1 piece of garlic toast

Have a great day, all!

Beckycan

Post by Beckycan » Wed May 21, 2008 10:03 pm

Have not had an appetite the past couple of days -- my daughter wrecked her bicycle Monday evening and was airlifted to the hospital with a head injury. THANK GOD it was only a concussion, a broken nose, and some broken teeth, but still a scare for all of us who love her.
She came home from the hospital last evening, and is now beginning to eat and able to walk around a little without being dizzy.

I have eaten a couple of hospital meals, and this morning I made chicken and rice casserole for our lunch, something I thought might appeal to Mary Beth's appetite. (It worked, she ate a little bit.)

How are things going for everyone else this week?

Becky
SW 295
CW 292
GW 175

susieokla

Post by susieokla » Wed May 21, 2008 11:21 pm

Becky-

I'm sorry to hear about your daughter. I am glad she is ok and hope she has a speedy recovery.
Susieokla

No S Diet Start Weight 10/6/08: 165 lbs

Current weight as of 10/14/08: 160 lbs

Goal Weight: 135-140 lbs

Airen08

Post by Airen08 » Thu May 22, 2008 12:25 am

Becky -

Thank goodness your daughter is okay!! It's very difficult to eat balanced when things like this happen. Take care of yourself and your loved one!

Today was pretty hectic, but I managed to stay sane and on-plan

B - Shredded Wheat, milk, glass of chocolate milk
L - Grilled Chicken Salad with Catalina Dressing
D - Lean Cuisine Penne Pasta with garlic bread

CrazyCatLady

Post by CrazyCatLady » Thu May 22, 2008 1:58 am

Oh, Becky! I hope your daughter is healing! How frightening!

Today I had
B-Cinnamon Raisin bagel with cream cheese and home made grape jelly.
L-Potluck at work, so a pretty full plate, which included a slice of cinnamon bread as my not-too-sweet sweet.
D-Leftover roast beef sandwich with provalone, 1/2 leftover turkey sandwich, and a small package of chips. (The meat was leftover, not the sandwiches! LOL!)

And I have been resisting M&M cookies all afternoon!! They are like chocolate chip cookies, but with M&M's instead of chips. They are store bought, and probably not even that good, but they have tormented me. The only thing that kept me strong was that at the end of this week I'll have 21 days in a row, and I don't want to blow it now!

And....if the rest of you can do this, so can I. There is definitely strength in numbers!

Airen08

Post by Airen08 » Thu May 22, 2008 11:52 am

Good Morning All!

Back to a normal day at school. I don't know what I'm going to do with myself when school is out June 4. I have a really hard time sticking to plan when school is out and I don't have a set schedule to keep my mind out of the kitchen. I have a set exercise schedule this summer that I am going to try to follow really hard...maybe that will help keep me on track with my eating as well.

B - Chicken Salad and 2 rolls
L - Lean Cuisine Penne Pasta with Marinara Sauce and Cheese
D - 2 MorningStar Farms Corndogs and baked french fries with ketchup

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Thu May 22, 2008 9:10 pm

Have not checked in for two days, played hookey from work, thats one advantage of being the boss and having awesome employees, we went trawling for shrimp Tuesday and crabbing Wednesday, so we are able to enjoy boiled seafood.

Today's menu

9am-
1/2 cup fiber one
Milk
Lg banana

2pm-
1 slice extra fiber bread
deli ham
cucumber-tomato
strawberries

7pm-
Boiled Crabs/shrimp
crackers
sauce

CrazyCatLady

Post by CrazyCatLady » Fri May 23, 2008 12:31 am

I'm almost to 21 days on habit, and I have been SO HUNGRY! However, I didn't really eat hardly any veggies yesterday or today, so I think that is why.

Tomorrow is another day, and if I can make it through, I will have 21 days on habit, AND a holiday weekend with 3 S days. My S days are no where near as crazy as they were at first....but I do have a few things I'm looking forward to. Some things I put off over a week ago, then didn't sound right last week-end, and then I wanted them again all week!

I'm (im)patiently waiting for the day when all my cravings will happen on S days, so my N days are easier! I have a string of paperclips hanging over my desk at work, and I DON'T want any red ones!

Catholic Cajun, that is really living! Hope you enjoyed the fruits of your labors!

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Fri May 23, 2008 2:29 am

CrazyCatLady,

you are doing great!
I have a string of paperclips hanging over my desk at work, and I DON'T want any red ones!
I love that!

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Fri May 23, 2008 4:32 pm

Todays menu
9am-
2 slices extra fiber wheat bread
peanut butter
jelly milk

1-2pm-
deli ham
cucumber
strawberries

6-7pm-
hubby working with me today, either boiled crabs again or eat out.

fkwan

Post by fkwan » Fri May 23, 2008 4:46 pm

Airen08 wrote:\D - 2 MorningStar Farms Corndogs and baked french fries with ketchup
Can I be you in my next life?

Amazing, she loses weight with this.... :) I would blimp up so bad people would bounce me on the sand and throw me up as a volleyball. Maybe my thyroid went to visit yours and stayed over. :)

f
One must know his limitations. -- John Milius
Beginning weight: 115
Currently: Haven't a clue

BrightAngel

Post by BrightAngel » Fri May 23, 2008 5:34 pm

Airen08 wrote:\D - 2 MorningStar Farms Corndogs and baked french fries with ketchup
fkwan wrote: Can I be you in my next life?
Amazing, she loses weight with this.... :)
I would blimp up so bad
The body stays at a higher salt/water/waste level
when one normally eats lots of salt and sodium,

But, of course, if one normally restricts salt and sodium,
eating salt and sodium will cause the body's salt/water/waste levels to rise....
which will make a person feel swollen until the body adjusts to the change.

Salt/water/waste is not fat,
so it's really kind of a non-issue....unless it involves a medical condition.
BrightAngel - (Dr. Collins)
See: DietHobby. com

CrazyCatLady

Post by CrazyCatLady » Sat May 24, 2008 2:22 am

What I am finding so different with No S is that after years of dieting or "watching" my diet, it is still awkward for me to choose what foods to eat sometimes. We had take out fried chicken for dinner tonight. On the way home from the restaurant, I realized that I always ate just one bite of the delicious crispy skin, because it has fat in it. Today, I simply ate what tasted good. No, it certainly wasn't the lightest meal I have had, and yet it was basically healthy, and I enjoyed the time with my family. And did not follow my old "diet" pattern of eating a tiny plate of food, and then continuing to feel guilty as I took another spoonful of this, or an extra biscuit!

I had a lovely "one plate" chicken dinner with my family, and enjoyed every bite of it. I don't feel the least bit guilty. I'm definitely full! I don't feel deprived, although I was tempted to have one more scoop of mac-n-cheese! And the best part is that I am eating to what tastes good, and learning how to choose foods for what my body is wanting, rather than what the diet industry has said I "should" eat. And....after starting No-S in January, I put on 5 pounds (up to 240 pounds!) I had gained and lost that 5 pounds before. Then by a few weeks ago I was down to 235 pounds. (Again, I had gained and lost THAT 5 pounds quite often as well!)

Tonight, I reached DAY 21 ON HABIT! And guess what, I weighed this morning, and I'm down to 225 pounds! I just checked back at another diet site (SparkPeople.com) where I started a diet on 8/21/06. I weighed 224 pounds when I started. :( I got as low as 220 pounds by 9/6/06. I didn't follow through, and by a year later, I was up to my max weight ever of 240 pounds again! In 2007, all my recorded weights are 229 to 240 pounds! IT WASN'T WORKING FOR ME!

Now granted, I am not slim or trim yet. But I feel as light as a feather! I bragged to my husband, my daughter and several friends and co-workers about my progress! I am on the right track! Thanks for listening and encouraging me!

My chain of paperclips will have 24 yellow and green clips when I return to work Tuesday!

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sat May 24, 2008 5:16 am

Tonight, I reached DAY 21 ON HABIT! And guess what, I weighed this morning, and I'm down to 225 pounds!
CrazyCatLady,

WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now go ENJOY your well deserved and earned Memorial Day Weekend!

Blueskighs

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Sat May 24, 2008 11:59 am

Good Morning all! Will try to make this S day a Sane one. Here is my plan for today:

9am-
1/2 cup fiber one
milk
strawberries

2pm-
1 slice extra fiber wheat bread
deli ham
cucumber
strawberries

7-8pm-
Boiled Crabs
crackers
sauce

Maybe a little bit of ice cream after supper, but since peeling and eating crabs takes awhile, it may be too late for desert.
As far as snacking goes, I am now saving my diet caffeinc free diet coke for S days so that will be my treat at work today.
Have a blessed day everyone.

gulfcoastmom

Post by gulfcoastmom » Sat May 24, 2008 2:44 pm

can i join.. i have a less than 100 to lose only about 80lbs to 90lbs...
wow i just admited how much i really need to lose..
this last week has been an s (sick) week... and i dont mean i just feel bad week.. i had 2 days all i could eat was cold soft foods... then i was able to add just soft foods.. but not whole meals... now that i seem to be able to eat again back on the ship i go....

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Sat May 24, 2008 2:57 pm

Good Morning and Welcome!!!!

CrazyCatLady

Post by CrazyCatLady » Sat May 24, 2008 5:51 pm

Welcome, GulfCoastMom! I don't actually have a set goal in mind, but my smallest adult weight ever was 120 pounds. Whether I lose 50 or 120 pounds No S-ing, I will be happier and healthier. That is my goal.

And thanks for the kudos Blueskighs!

I wasn't hungry this morning (too much dinner last night :oops: ) and I had an M&M cookie for breakfast. It was delayed gratification from earlier in the week, so I pulled it out of the freezer and ate it still frozen! And it was good. Then we got busy, so didn't have anything until lunch time.

B-M&M cookie
L-Grilled ham & cheese sandwich, with celery and jicama to munch on. (My first ever taste of jicama, and 3 of 4 family members liked it, including me!)
D-A big pot of spaghetti sauce is simmering in the crockpot. It has a combo of hamburger and ground chicken. Later I'll boil some pasta to serve it over, and have some garlic bread on the side.
S-sweet/snack-cherry licorice! :D

AnnaBanana

Not one who convinces easily

Post by AnnaBanana » Sun May 25, 2008 3:26 pm

I'm back again. As my subject says, I'm not one who convinces easily. I start and do really well and then decide with all the weight I need to lose I'll do something more strict and then come back to this to maintain. The problem with this is... I can't do strict. I know lots of people do, but not me. An example for yesterday is I had eggwhites cooked in Pam for B, smoked turkey and asparagus for lunch, eggwhites and yogurt for dinner. Then at 10 p.m. last night my son and his GF came in from their date with leftovers and I fell headfirst into them and then it didn't stop until midnight. My body was justifiably starving and I fed it. Heck I OVERFED it.

So back again I come to the only sane thing that works for me. Hope you guys don't throw stones for me being such a dummy.

I am not going to plan or post my meals anymore. For me that puts too much emphasis on food. I'm just going to do plain vanilla S and keep exercising like I always do. Once a month I'll weigh. I'll be here for anyone who needs support.

You guys are great and I am so proud of the ones who have stuck it out and not been goofy like me. :(
Laura Ann

BrightAngel

Re: Not one who convinces easily

Post by BrightAngel » Sun May 25, 2008 3:34 pm

LauraAnn wrote: You guys are great and .... not been goofy like me. :(
Most of us have done the same thing.
I know I have. And I might feel the need to do it again.

Whatever it takes.

We all have to follow our own path.....
but we can do it together.

CrazyCatLady

Post by CrazyCatLady » Sun May 25, 2008 5:34 pm

Welcome back, LauraAnn. :D And if this isn't the place for people who have made "stupid" diet mistakes, then I don't belong! LOL! But I know that is IS the place for anyone to make a fresh start. No stone throwing, just lots of encouragement and hope!

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sun May 25, 2008 8:06 pm

So back again I come to the only sane thing that works for me. Hope you guys don't throw stones for me being such a dummy.
I like to recall something I heard a long time ago,

going off the past is part of being on the path ...

we want everything to go in a straight line but life zig and zags, and too strict is part of my BED - binge eating disorder:

RESTRICT BINGE DON'T CARE RESTICT BINGE DON'T CARE

No S is the only thing I have experienced that has a dramatic impact on that cycle. I have to really balance whether I am being too strict with or too loosy goosey with my food, but I do it at each meal. It is important for me to not get too hungry and also to not get too full.

That being said when I started NO S I was clueless as to how to do that. I think it is getting better over time. And that is really all I focus on ... one meal at a time, how much do I need to eat at this meal?

I am glad you are here. HEY YOU STARTED THIS THREAD! :D

Blueskighs

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sun May 25, 2008 8:11 pm

The other thing I just wanted to add is that I am realizing that NO S is an "experiential" rather than a "rules based" diet.

We are given, by Reinhard, some generic guidelines. But through our own personal experience we reconnect with our hunger, our appetites, our drives our own bodies.

No one is giving us a recipe, piece of paper, or instructions .. 2 oz of this 1 cup of that .... we get the chance to LEARN AND GROW out of our own DIRECT EXPERIENCE in NO S ... of course sometimes we fall down but what we learn cannot be taken away because it is each of our own individual DIRECT EXPERIENCE with our own body!

I think that is why it is so cool, S days then become a more "advanced" DIRECT EXPERIENCE ... through all of this we get to the point where we don't need someone to tell us that is too much OR that is not enough ... we learn deep inside of ourselves through our own experience .... 8)

Blueskighs

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Mon May 26, 2008 7:29 pm

blueskighs wrote:The other thing I just wanted to add is that I am realizing that NO S is an "experiential" rather than a "rules based" diet.

We are given, by Reinhard, some generic guidelines. But through our own personal experience we reconnect with our hunger, our appetites, our drives our own bodies.

No one is giving us a recipe, piece of paper, or instructions .. 2 oz of this 1 cup of that .... we get the chance to LEARN AND GROW out of our own DIRECT EXPERIENCE in NO S ... of course sometimes we fall down but what we learn cannot be taken away because it is each of our own individual DIRECT EXPERIENCE with our own body!

I think that is why it is so cool, S days then become a more "advanced" DIRECT EXPERIENCE ... through all of this we get to the point where we don't need someone to tell us that is too much OR that is not enough ... we learn deep inside of ourselves through our own experience .... 8)

Blueskighs
Excellent points! I had googled No S the other day at work and went on some web sites that did not have any kind or positive words for Reinhard or his diet, wonder what they and all the experts will say when we are all at out goal weights and healthy, we may just put the so called experts out of a job :lol:

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Tue May 27, 2008 1:41 am

wonder what they and all the experts will say when we are all at out goal weights and healthy, we may just put the so called experts out of a job
don't know what they'll say :wink: but I'll say ...

DREAM COME TRUE!

Blueskighs

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Tue May 27, 2008 12:11 pm

Good Morning all. Here is my menu for today:

9am-
1/2 cup fiber one
milk
banana

2pm-
lasagne(not a big piece)
cucumber-tomato salad
strawberries

7-8pm-
same as 2pm

Have a blessed day.

Airen08

Post by Airen08 » Tue May 27, 2008 9:19 pm

Whew! It feels good to be back on track after 3 S Days!! I didn't do bad at all...just getting over being sick and still not eating as much as I probably should have. Just nice to have a routine back in place.

B - 2 scrambled eggs, 2 pieces of toast with grape jelly
L - Lean Cuisine Penne Pasta
D - Subway Turkey Sandwich, Baked Chips, Diet Coke

It's a great day! Have a good one, ya'll!!

Airen08

Post by Airen08 » Wed May 28, 2008 11:55 am

Good Morning!

I can't wait until school lets out soon...but then again...I don't know what I'll do with myself when I'm out. LOL - tough delima.

B - Raisin Bran, Milk, 1 large orange
L - Lean Cuisine Sweet and Sour Chicken, 1 orange (I have a great big bag of sweet juicy oranges...I could eat one at every meal!!)
D - Boston Market Chicken and Broccoli

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Wed May 28, 2008 8:16 pm

Hello all, did not have time to post this morning. Here is my plan for today:
9am-
1/2 cup fiber one
milk
banana

1pm-
lasagne
strawberries

6pm-
lasagne
cucumber-tomato
strawberries

Peachy

Post by Peachy » Thu May 29, 2008 2:43 am

Thanks for posting the daily menus. I love to read what everyone is eating. I receive a lot of support by reading the posts. I've lost 21 lbs in 2.5 months but I have a long way to go....
***~SW 214~***
***~CW 193~***
***~GW 170~***

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Thu May 29, 2008 2:50 am

I've lost 21 lbs in 2.5 months but I have a long way to go....
Peachy,
That is so EXCELLENT!
thank you for sharing your success!

Blueskighs

CrazyCatLady

Post by CrazyCatLady » Thu May 29, 2008 2:52 am

Yay, everyone for keeping up the good work!

I did fine today, although I had many cravings! Boy is some stuff I shouldn't be having looking good! It really reinforces why I can't just relax the rules a little and try to "eat sensibly". For me, that would include treats and sweets on a daily basis! So I will try to keep No S-ing, and try to keep getting green on my habitcal!

I am baking a loaf of Amish Friendship Bread. I used a box of pistacio pudding in it, and tasted the batter (to be sure it was good!) And boy, was it EVER good! I was all ready to give in and lick the spoon, but asked my daughter if she would like to lick the spoon. She saved me! I just had one more taste on my finger, from the bowl. So I'm counting it as a success!

And I have decided that since it involves a yeast starter recipe that actually takes 10 days from beginning to end, that Amish Friendship Bread is the ideal No S food! Talk about old fashioned, and only having something occasionally! The quickest is in 10 days, and that is assuming I keep mixing and adding to the starter! This last time I put the starter in the freezer for a few weeks to wait for me! LOL!

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Thu May 29, 2008 12:42 pm

Good Morning all, on my way to work so a quick post.

9am-
1/2 cup fiber one
milk
banana

2pm-
lasagna(very small piece)
tomato
banana

7-8pm-
lasagna(small piece)
cucumber-tomato salad
strawberries

CrazyCatLady

Post by CrazyCatLady » Fri May 30, 2008 2:05 am

I blew it tonight. With the darned Amish bread...it was so good that I had one slice with dinner, then two after dinner. I feel overstuffed, and sad that I didn't just have a little, then wait until Satuday.

My first red mark for No S habitcal in May!

I'll take it as a learning experience, and start again tomorrow.

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Fri May 30, 2008 2:48 pm

CrazyCatLady wrote:I blew it tonight. With the darned Amish bread...it was so good that I had one slice with dinner, then two after dinner. I feel overstuffed, and sad that I didn't just have a little, then wait until Satuday.

My first red mark for No S habitcal in May!

I'll take it as a learning experience, and start again tomorrow.
Good for you to learn and then move on, sometimes, we tend to fail and then keep beating ourselves up for it, what is done is done and it cannot be undone, but with God's grace we can learn and move on! God Bless and have a blessed new start again today day!

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Fri May 30, 2008 2:50 pm

Ok, with my last post forgot to do my menu for the day:\

9am-
1/2 cup fiber one
milk
banana

2pm-
oatmeal
milk
banana

7-8pm-
Graduation party at the home of one of the ladies who works for me, her daughter graduated last night, BUT, have a bet with hubby that I won't overeat.

CrazyCatLady

Post by CrazyCatLady » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:44 am

Keep up the good work, Catholic Cajun!

I was doing fine...but tonight I binged on black licorice. I had some left after the weekend, and somehow it began calling to me....

I do seem more likely to slip when I have boring meals...we had a good dinner of dirty rice with veggies mixed in, but I think I need a salad on the side, or some sliced fruit, or bread. Not more quantity, but more variety at each meal.

I ate more black licorice tonight than I did all weekend! And got another red mark. :oops: Thank goodness for the support I get here! I will keep reading, and posting, and I will keep trying No S. I have to!

CrazyCatLady

Let's liver little!

Post by CrazyCatLady » Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:05 pm

I helped hostess a surprise baby shower last night. It was at my favorite restaurant, and the friend who is expecting was told that it was a "girl's night out", but it was actually a baby shower for her. It went beautifully, and she was actually surprised!

My husband likes liver. I had liver as a kid, made by my Mom, that was tough as shoe leather, tasted bad, and was just icky. DH cooked some up, trying to make it like his Mom used to, telling me that it was good if cooked right. Well, he didn't cook it right. Again, kind of icky and definitely tough.

When dh and I go to this restaurant, which has a fabulous cook, I have asked him to order the liver and onions so I can taste it prepared properly. But he hasn't ordered it yet. At the shower, one of my friends ordered the liver. I asked for a taste...it was tender, and the onions were fabulous, but I still didn't really like it. I was very pleased to be able to try it, though! I also tried a feta cheese dip, although I'm not fond of feta. It was fairly good. But the deep fried veggies and cheese curds dipped in freshly made Green Goddess dressing were the best. This place does NOT pour frozen food out of a bag and bake or deep fry it, then call it food. They start with fresh food, bread it, and deep fry. Very delish...especially the broccoli!

I also had applewood smoked chicken which was so good that now I am craving their applewood smoked ribs! If the chicken is that good, I can only imagine how good the ribs are! I can cook some mean ribs, but these will actually be smoked...drool!

I have never been on a diet where I could have such an S experience. I did not limit anything yesterday. However, I did have delicious oatmeal for breakfast and lunch. A friend brought salt water taffy to work, which I love. Initially I tried staying away from it....for a few minutes. Then I decided that since I was taking the day as an S day due to the baby shower, that I wouldn't worry about the taffy. I ended up not thinking about the taffy too much, as the oats were so satisfying. Eventually, just before lunch, I had one piece of candy.

At the party, I also had various appetizers, the taste of liver and onions, my meal, and even a slice of cake. I did not feel stuffed, or deprived, at the end of the meal. In fact, while my sweet tooth said that another taste of cake would be delicious, I knew that I really didn't want it.

And since I didn't stuff myself full, I have over half of my meal to enjoy as leftovers!

Pre No S I would either have stuffed way too much crap into my mouth, or I would have tried to choose what was healthy, instead of eating what sounded delicious. I would have ended up feeling deprived, and picking at everything beyond when I felt full. And I certainly would have done "sneaky eating" and gotten into the leftover slices of cake on my way home! And I certainly would have munched on the taffy a lot more!

This is such a process for me. With the amount of weight that I need to lose, it will be a very long process. However, since I am already learning maintenance skills, I don't need to worry about whether or not I can maintain this.

healthymel

Just found this site.

Post by healthymel » Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:07 pm

Hi! I stumbled onto the No S Diet site quite accidentally while reading a review of it on another site. I've been reading all the info for an hour. I'm very intrigued! I've been on WW, Adkins, you name it and still carrying around 105 extra pounds. Reinhard makes it sound so simple. I've know that I didn't want to count calories, points, fat grams etc for the rest of my life and I certainly didn't want to journal my food either. I'm going to give it a trial run and see how things go. I am a Type 2 diabetic and my doctor has told me to eat "frequent meals" throughout the day so I'm going to use the "loop hole" in the program and eat more than 3 meals.

Nice to meet you all! :D

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:15 pm

Hello all! I haven't been posting on this discussion, I've been posting my menu on my daily check in, it was getting too confusing posting my menu in two places, but I would still like to check in here. Hubby and I were off from work last week, we stayed home and did projects around the house. We had one S day during the week. We ate too many sweets during this past weekend, that is something we will need to work on. But thank God for Mondays (neve thought I would say that!! :lol: ) and N days. We are back on track as of today, we really did not do bad on our days off. I am sending my son a copy of the No S book, I had 2 copies one at home and on at my desk at work, now I will order another one for my desk at work. Have a blessed day.

CrazyCatLady

Post by CrazyCatLady » Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:01 am

Welcome, HealthyMel! And great job, CatholicCajun!

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:54 pm

Good Morning all! Bienvenu to all our new members! I have hubby and a salesman at the shop today, so that will be an all day afair. I am planning on a decent breakfast, banana for lunch, our salesman is from Illinois and loves Cajun food so every time he makes a call at the shop we take him to this wonderful seafood resturant that is a few miles from the Gulf of Mexico. It is one of our favorite resturants. Hubby and I will each have a cup of seafood gumbo and SPLIT a large seafood platter, and NO dessert. Have a blessed day everyone!!

CrazyCatLady

Post by CrazyCatLady » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:35 pm

I'm skinny, I'm skinny! I have had a problem in the past with busting out zippers of pants from weight gain. I have not worn a belt in years...nothing was ever loose on me, because no matter what size I bought, I grew larger!

But today, I needed to wear a belt or my pants would have slid down! AND...I tucked my shirt in! I did not need to have it hanging out, flowing, to cover me!

Now no one laugh...cause I am still pretty chubby....but in comparison I am skinny!

I'm down to 220 pounds! No S WORKS!

Too solid flesh

100 pounds to lose group

Post by Too solid flesh » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:04 am

CrazyCatLady wrote:I'm skinny, I'm skinny!

Congraulations, CrazyCatLady! That is wonderful news.

kccc

Re: 100 pounds to lose group

Post by kccc » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:01 pm

Too solid flesh wrote:
CrazyCatLady wrote:I'm skinny, I'm skinny!

Congraulations, CrazyCatLady! That is wonderful news.

:)

You go!

BrightAngel

Post by BrightAngel » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:51 pm

CrazyCatLady,
Congratulations, on your 15 lb loss to date.
Good for you.

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:32 pm

CrazyCatLady wrote:I'm skinny, I'm skinny! I have had a problem in the past with busting out zippers of pants from weight gain. I have not worn a belt in years...nothing was ever loose on me, because no matter what size I bought, I grew larger!

But today, I needed to wear a belt or my pants would have slid down! AND...I tucked my shirt in! I did not need to have it hanging out, flowing, to cover me!

Now no one laugh...cause I am still pretty chubby....but in comparison I am skinny!

Congratulations! That is such a wonderful feeling..
"Anyone can cook." ~ Chef Gusteau, Ratatouille

funfuture

Post by funfuture » Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:24 am

Fantastic! Well done.

CrazyCatLady

Post by CrazyCatLady » Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:03 am

Thanks, everyone! And after tomorrow, I will have another 21 days on habit, after a few "off" weeks! :D

MelissaK

Hi, I'm New

Post by MelissaK » Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:07 am

Hi All,

I just joined this evening. My starting weight is 240. I'm 5'7". My be-all, end-all goal would be to see 160 again, but for now I'm just going to concentrate on getting below the 200 mark. I'm a sahm to 2 small boys and diabetes runs in my family. I'm tired of being fat. I want a more active lifestyle and I want to be around for my kids.

Tomorrow will be my Day 1.

Looking forward to getting to know you all!

Melissa

CrazyCatLady

Post by CrazyCatLady » Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:13 am

Welcome, Melissa! And - wow - I am 5'7" too! I weighed about 165 when I met my hubby, and looked very good. I would love to be that weight again!

However, as Reinhard says, "I don't think there is much point in having an ideal weight. Have ideal behavior -- habits of moderate eating and exertion. Whatever you weigh then is ideal."

My current goal is simply to keep working on my habits. I just barely managed 21 days on habit. Last night my husband wanted to drive to Dairy Queen and pick up some Dilly Bars. The only thing that helped me wait until today to eat one was knowing that I did not want day 21 on habit to be a red mark! I think that you will find this is an extremely sensible plan!