You know you are changing habits because....

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

CatholicCajun

You know you are changing habits because....

Post by CatholicCajun » Fri May 16, 2008 8:37 pm

Your daughter in law made double chocolate chip cookies for Mother's Day and you kept 2 for the weekend coming up, and ended up throwing them away AND not even craved them once during the week.

Your employee brings you a piece of award winning cheesecake and you say thank you and pack it up for tomorrow (Saturday) and do not even crave it.

Thank You Reinhard and may God abundantly bless you for sharing your program with us.
Je'sus, j'Ai Confiance dans Vous

JustAnnie

Post by JustAnnie » Fri May 16, 2008 9:16 pm

People who are not carb sensitive may not understand your post, Cajun. I truly believe that carbs are an addictive substance for some people and the more refined they are......the more addictive they are. So when you are away from sugar for a whole five days your body starts to drop the craving for it. I actually do much better, and feel better, when I am sugar free all the time.
Just Annie

You Can't Fail Until You Quit Trying

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Fri May 16, 2008 9:18 pm

What's also really great is that you know that you can have it, just not yet and that makes a whole world of difference.

NoelFigart

Post by NoelFigart » Fri May 16, 2008 9:59 pm

That's fantastic. Good for you!

Mavilu

Post by Mavilu » Fri May 16, 2008 11:19 pm

CatholicCajun wrote:What's also really great is that you know that you can have it, just not yet and that makes a whole world of difference.
Exactly! and it's even better when you know you are choosing when and how you eat those treats, I find.

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Sat May 17, 2008 1:45 pm

Mavilu wrote:
CatholicCajun wrote:What's also really great is that you know that you can have it, just not yet and that makes a whole world of difference.
Exactly! and it's even better when you know you are choosing when and how you eat those treats, I find.
I could not agree with you more. I am even choosing to do without caffeine free diet coke on N days, it forces me to drink more water. Today my treat will be a small piece of cheesecake with lunch, I am still going to stick with the 3 meals. This is awesome!

tgp157

Post by tgp157 » Sat May 17, 2008 3:13 pm

You know your habits are changing when...

Someone brought a cake for my birthday this week & while I did declare it a S-day, the only S-day thing I had was the cake. You see, my friend brought the cake early (my b'day wasn't until today) b/c she was leaving for vacation & wouldn't be there for my party at work yesterday. I know my habits are changing b/c before NoS, I would have blown the whole day. PROGRESSION NOT PERFECTION!!!
Pam
A Success Story in the Making
NoS-ing since 6/1/09

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Sat May 17, 2008 4:33 pm

Good for you and happy belated birthday! When daughter left some cake for Mother's Day and the cookies, I only kept hubby and I each a piece of cake and "saved" the cookies for this weekend. They were in zip lock bags on the table all week and they did not even tempt me, and then I finally threw them out, because I did not think I would want them, and I knew if I wanted a treat I could have one of MY choosing and not just something that was laying around. God Bless.

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Sat May 17, 2008 4:34 pm

Good for you and happy belated birthday! When daughter left some cake for Mother's Day and the cookies, I only kept hubby and I each a piece of cake and "saved" the cookies for this weekend. They were in zip lock bags on the table all week and they did not even tempt me, and then I finally threw them out, because I did not think I would want them, and I knew if I wanted a treat I could have one of MY choosing and not just something that was laying around. God Bless.

irish

Post by irish » Sat May 17, 2008 7:46 pm

Isn't it great to feel free from food?! I wish I could convince every fattie I know to go on this diet. In fact, I really can't call it a "diet" - it's so much fun.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sun May 18, 2008 6:10 am

you know you're habits are changing because you come home on Saturday night and realize ...

you want SWEET DREAMS

NOT

SWEET TREATS :D

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Sun May 18, 2008 5:40 pm

irish wrote:Isn't it great to feel free from food?! I wish I could convince every fattie I know to go on this diet. In fact, I really can't call it a "diet" - it's so much fun.
Want to convince them? Loose a lot of weight and they will all be dying to know your secret! At least that's how I hope it is with me. Have a blessed day.

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Sun May 18, 2008 5:43 pm

blueskighs wrote:you know you're habits are changing because you come home on Saturday night and realize ...

you want SWEET DREAMS

NOT

SWEET TREATS :D

Blueskighs
Good for you! I think once you go on this program, you may go a little nuts the first 1 or 2 S weekends, but after that sanity creeps in and you may end up eating sweets and extra food, but not gorging yourself just because you can have it. For me it's really hard to weigh in on Saturday morning with a loss, binge all weekend, and then gain it all back and have to start all over Monday morning.

fkwan

Post by fkwan » Mon May 19, 2008 6:06 pm

CatholicCajun wrote: Good for you! I think once you go on this program, you may go a little nuts the first 1 or 2 S weekends, but after that sanity creeps in and you may end up eating sweets and extra food, but not gorging yourself just because you can have it. For me it's really hard to weigh in on Saturday morning with a loss, binge all weekend, and then gain it all back and have to start all over Monday morning.
Exactly. That's why I stopped.... :)

f
One must know his limitations. -- John Milius
Beginning weight: 115
Currently: Haven't a clue

feelgood

can keep food in the house..

Post by feelgood » Sat May 24, 2008 2:41 am

...that I would have previously binged on. This includes chocolate, cashews, cheese, and ice cream. I eat a bit on S days and enjoy them. I'm very glad to be able to relate in a normal way to ALL food, which I never could before.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sat May 24, 2008 5:14 am

I'm very glad to be able to relate in a normal way to ALL food, which I never could before.
feelgood,

me too! I think this is very big BIGGIE :D

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

CatholicCajun

Changing habits....

Post by CatholicCajun » Sat May 24, 2008 6:30 pm

Before this wonderful program, every Saturday that I worked I would eat junk all day, literally, from 9am-6pm at closing time, because I felt that since I was working that was my reward, today I did not even go to the store for my fix of junk food, and I can have the junk!!! I did not want it and I don't miss it! Thank You Reinhard for sharing this with us.