What is vanilla no-s?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

jules

What is vanilla no-s?

Post by jules » Fri May 16, 2008 8:54 pm

Vanilla no-s is simply following no-s with no frills, added options, or tweaks. :)

C'est tout!

jules

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Fri May 16, 2008 9:25 pm

Merci beaucoup!
Je'sus, j'Ai Confiance dans Vous

tgp157

Post by tgp157 » Sat May 17, 2008 3:16 pm

Vanilla No-S--probably the best way to go--actually it is the best way to go.
Pam
A Success Story in the Making
NoS-ing since 6/1/09

MerryKat

Post by MerryKat » Mon May 19, 2008 8:02 am

I speak from experience - Vanilla No S is the way to go.

I started No S in September 2006 and did about 3 to 4 months of vanilla No S and I lost weight (slowly due to my metabolic issues) and it stayed off.

Then I decided I knew better and started tweking, at various points I also tried adding different diet plans to No S (including dieticians). This did not work and all it achieved was gaining weight again and lots more.

November 2007 I packed in all 'diets' and just lived and guess what, I naturally went back to No S. My December was the sanest I can remember for at least 15 years and I did not gain at all. So January I put myself back on vanilla No S.

I have not lost in that time, but I have also not gained which is hugely important to me. I realise I need to address a couple of issues on S days, but they are minor and will be easy to balance out.

Having tried most variations that can be done to No S, I have to encourage you to stick with Vanilla No S, it really works (and most importantly it is enduring - you can imagine doing it for ever!)
Hugs from Sunny South Africa
Vanilla No S with no Sugar due to Health issues - 11 yrs No S - September 2016 (some good, some bad (my own doing) but always the right thing for me!)

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Mon May 19, 2008 1:33 pm

MerryKat wrote:I speak from experience - Vanilla No S is the way to go.

I started No S in September 2006 and did about 3 to 4 months of vanilla No S and I lost weight (slowly due to my metabolic issues) and it stayed off.

Then I decided I knew better and started tweking, at various points I also tried adding different diet plans to No S (including dieticians). This did not work and all it achieved was gaining weight again and lots more.

November 2007 I packed in all 'diets' and just lived and guess what, I naturally went back to No S. My December was the sanest I can remember for at least 15 years and I did not gain at all. So January I put myself back on vanilla No S.

I have not lost in that time, but I have also not gained which is hugely important to me. I realise I need to address a couple of issues on S days, but they are minor and will be easy to balance out.

Having tried most variations that can be done to No S, I have to encourage you to stick with Vanilla No S, it really works (and most importantly it is enduring - you can imagine doing it for ever!)

Thanks MerryKat for the advice. We are so busy in my shops for December, we own 3 Christian stores and it's anything goes as far as meals go, too busy to sit and eat and too tired to care or cook, so I think that by the time that time of year comes around, we will have great habits AND won't be eating all the time.
Je'sus, j'Ai Confiance dans Vous

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon May 19, 2008 2:22 pm

I'm pretty fond of vanilla as well :-)

On the Anna Karenina principle, there are a lot of other flavors that get discussed here, so it's nice (and important) to see a post like this every once in a while.

Reinhard

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Mon May 19, 2008 3:40 pm

I started No S with one tweak, keeping my wheat with my sweets on the weekend since i used to be a big bread binger. Now that over time I built confidence in N days I have been able to start having sandwiches and such for lunch.

that has worked out very well for me,

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

Sheiler

Post by Sheiler » Mon May 19, 2008 11:19 pm

I love the simplicity. It's what convinced my that i could finally be successful long-term. I've been successful at other diets before - for a while - then I find myself creeping back up to the point that I'm back where I started, or worse. This is something that I can't see ever needing to change. Other than possibly needing smaller meals to be satisfied as I get smaller myself, I foresee doing exactly what I'm doing now for the rest of my life. I think my new motto might be K. I. S. S. - Keep It Simple, Sheiler :!: