No S Thingy

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Jessies Daughter

No S Thingy

Post by Jessies Daughter » Sat May 17, 2008 4:29 pm

Today is Saturday, you know what that means…

Wellllll, this is my second set of S days! Hooray! Whoopee! Whoopee. Hooray! Wait a minute, I am NOT excited. Why? I followed the rules all week dad gum it, why am I NOT excited? I was deprived of snacks, sweets and seconds. NOT for one week but for TWO WHOLE WEEKS! Why am I not jumping for joy? Why am I NOT planning a spree?
CAN this NO S DIET really be this EASY OR...HAVE I MISSED SOMETHING?

In the two weeks since I started this No S DIET, I have noticed some changes in how I feel about food. I no longer take a little extra at dinner, so I won’t be tempted to snack. My body seems to be adjusting to the “three plate†thing and I find that I am NOT HUNGRY between meals. Now, don’t get me wrong, by 7:00 p.m. the right legs of my Chihuahua starts looking like something I could marinade and stick on the grill but, I really do not miss the constant, mindless grazing like I thought I would.

My body seems to be saying “Thank you! Now let me show you how I am supposed to work when it comes to foodâ€

In all of my previous attempts to DIET, I felt that I needed a lot of support from family and friends in order to stick to the DIET. Two weeks ago I solicited my best friend to join me in this No S DIET. I knew that I would need her encouragement to keep me on track with this No S DIET. Well, she has broken every rule of the No S DIET and made every excuse to have the snack, the sweet and the seconds that the No S DIET restricts. Have followed the rules faithfully and after the first week of being on the No S DIET I found that I did not need any one to keep me on track with this No S thingy. Wait a minute, did I just call this a “THINGY�

EUREKA!! I have discovered the secret! This is not a DIET, IT IS A LIFESTYLE CHANGE, a “THINGYâ€!

I tell ya, I took the word “DIET†out of this equation and replaced it with the word “THINGY†and I have been on a roll every since! I am changing my lifestyle and in doing so I have been given the opportunity to really get in touch with my body regarding food, how I related to food and how my body needed to relate to food.

What ever I call it, I have found a way to make it work for me!

I am taking a mini vacation to Savannah, GA this weekend for my Birthday. It falls on a Sunday this year so I won’t need to use an exception day. We had been planning all year to return to Paula Deane’s restaurant, The Lady and her Son’s, to pig out at the buffet and eat at least two pieces of Oooey Gooey Butter Cake. Now, I don’t even want to think about that much food in one setting. We will probably still go but I won’t be getting the buffet!
I call this a No S “Thingyâ€. I have never been on a successful “Dietâ€. My brain thinks a "Thingy" is a new way of eating food, a LIFESTYLE CHANGE.

HabitCal: http://everydaysystems.com/habitcal/vie ... &t=NoSDiet

JustAnnie

Post by JustAnnie » Sat May 17, 2008 5:15 pm

I tell people I'm not dieting. I've just reacquainted myself with how to eat like a normal human being. :wink:
Just Annie

You Can't Fail Until You Quit Trying

susieokla

Post by susieokla » Sat May 17, 2008 7:43 pm

Happy Birthday Jessie's Daughter!! :D Enjoy your weekend.
Susieokla

No S Diet Start Weight 10/6/08: 165 lbs

Current weight as of 10/14/08: 160 lbs

Goal Weight: 135-140 lbs

Sheiler

Post by Sheiler » Sat May 17, 2008 8:38 pm

I don't tell people anything. Even my husband doesn't know I'm NoSing. He saw the book delivered, but I've bought tons of books on diet and exercise and they just gather dust (that's one budget item under control) :D He does know that my eating habits have changed, but it's just a matter of a no thank you here and there. And snack foods and sweets just sit in the cupboards and fridge till he or our son eat them (except, occasionally, on the weekends or holidays.) I wouldn't feel the need to explain my food choices if I weren't on a"diet", so why should I now?

Have fun on your birthday :D

CrazyCatLady

Post by CrazyCatLady » Sat May 17, 2008 10:06 pm

JustAnnie wrote:I tell people I'm not dieting. I've just reacquainted myself with how to eat like a normal human being. :wink:
Oh, I LIKE that!

Great point, Jessies Daughter. The sad thing is that I don't think I would have looked into No S if it was called No S Healthy Eating Plan! LOL! But you are right, it does not feel like a diet. More like Annie said, eating normally! :D And do have a Happy Birthday!

Mavilu

Post by Mavilu » Sun May 18, 2008 12:17 am

Hahaha!, your poor chihuahua! :lol:
I like the "NoS Thingy", because it takes the negativity of the word "Diet" off the whole concept.
And Happy Birthday!, enjoy your day!.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sun May 18, 2008 5:55 am

Oooey Gooey Butter Cake.
ooooooooooh! haven't had Butter Cake in years ... I used to get it at Treebeard's in Houston, Texas years ago .. I used to love it!

Have a Happy Birthday,

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

flipturn

Post by flipturn » Sun May 18, 2008 2:10 pm

I call it "the No S way of life!"