back to try again

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

likefrogs

back to try again

Post by likefrogs » Mon May 19, 2008 5:38 pm

hello all, i appologize right away for the length of this. I am a mess right now, started the no s and thought it would be awesome, i'm sure it is, just did not stick to it like I have not stuck to anything, I have to do something, my weight is out of control, my blood sugar is out of control, i have a cardiologist appt in a few weeks and he is going to go through the ceiling to see that I have dieted my butt up another 12 lbs in 4 months, he yells at me so badly and says well if your not willing to help yourself then how can I.. ( I have atrial fib, diabetes and mitral valve prolaps) anyhow, I created a habitcal and hopefully that will help me be motivated... starting today I'll post my events . ok, well hey i'll pray for you and please pray for me... we would not be here if we did not need each other.. God bless and have a great day
mommafrog

flipturn

Post by flipturn » Mon May 19, 2008 6:19 pm

I am sorry to hear that you have numerous, albeit interrelated, health problems. I would encourage you to find another cardiologist, one who is more encouraging and empathetic. I wish you success in adapting to the No S way of life.

Airen08

Post by Airen08 » Mon May 19, 2008 8:34 pm

Hi Sweetie. First off...you can do this. I would start by counting down the days to that appt. and push myself to at least make a change by that date. I understand with all the conditions...that's what got me on board and sticking with it. I suffer from fibromyalgia and Crohn's Disease. My Dr. used to get very upset with me every time I would come into her office and be up a pound or two or 20! from last time. Now...she couldn't be happier and she actually keeps me motivated from appt to appt. I go back and see her tomorrow (I'm 12 lbs down from last time) and I can't wait to see her face!

YOU CAN DO THIS! Start now! Take one meal at a time.

I also agree with the above poster that a gentler Dr. might help you out. Mine isn't quite that mean about it...she's just concerned since I have to keep my health in check!

Keep us posted!!
SW: 290
CW: 255
GW: 150
Started No-S on 3/1/08 at 290

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Mon May 19, 2008 11:11 pm

likefrogs,

Glad you are back!

And you CAN do it ... just one green/yellow square at a time!

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

Dawn

Post by Dawn » Tue May 20, 2008 10:42 pm

I think your doctor's heart is in the right place, but his head is up his butt. When will these health professionals understand that scolding us like children will result in just the type of behavior that they are scolding us about. Stress out a smoker, what do you suppose they are going to do once that Dr. visit is over? Same with us that self medicate with food. If you are going to stick with this Dr., then you are going to have to suck it up and listen to him yammer on until you prove to him that you are serious this time. As much as we want and need those around us to be supportive, we have to remember that we have dragged them on many a diet journey.

Now I could be wrong but I am sensing you are a little frantic right now. I think you need to take a deep breath and think about the big picture. This is a day by day thing. You will most likely not go to your next Dr. visit 8 dress sizes smaller.

So now that you’re back, what are you going to do differently this time? One of my favorite Dr. Phil-isms is something like: If you keep doing what you always do, you are going to get what you always get. So what pushed you over the edge last time?
Dawn