Smoothies and Fresh Squeezed Veggie/Fruit Juice

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Jayhawk28

Smoothies and Fresh Squeezed Veggie/Fruit Juice

Post by Jayhawk28 » Thu May 22, 2008 6:17 pm

I've been on No S for a week and a half now. I've lost about 4 pounds and my appetite is under control for the most part. I have a great health food store that I go to that squeezes organic juice and makes organic fruit smoothies. I've decided to allow the juice or smoothie to make up at least one of my meals for the day during the week - I might think about two at some point.

I know the point of this diet is to eat whatever you want within the limitations, but I feel great when I drink/eat the juice and smoothies.

I guess the motivation is convience, but also wellbeing on top of losing weight.

Anybody else tried smoothie/juice for one of their meals during the day? I've also found that soup can be very filling, nutrious and simple to prepare.

NoelFigart

Post by NoelFigart » Thu May 22, 2008 6:42 pm

Sure, I'd have a smoothie or soup with a meal. Why not?

I had chili with a couple of biscuits last night.

If I were to have a smoothie, I'd probably count it about like some soup, and just have a sandwich or some bread with it.

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Thu May 22, 2008 9:37 pm

I do a smoothie for many breakfasts (nearly every day during warm weather) and soup just about every day for lunch -- year 'round.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Thu May 22, 2008 10:29 pm

I guess I got really tired of smoothies several years ago so I just don't do them anymore. Not to say I would never do them again. I love soups ... I do do soups as a meal and often without any additions depending on how "hearty" the soup is ... if I was doing smoothies and putting protien in them I might do those for a meal without any additions as well.

I think it is really important to be flexible. I tend to get into food ruts so it is a good idea to be open minded and just move through your tastes and needs as they change.

If you do this for awhile you might find you want something different later... or not :D

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey