NOS minus 1

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

palomayombe

NOS minus 1

Post by palomayombe » Fri May 23, 2008 10:55 pm

Last edited by palomayombe on Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sat May 24, 2008 12:50 am

It's probably worth giving it a try.

Something like he just gets his two meals a day, no snacks, sweets or seconds.

It would be interesting if that worked in the long run, or if over time he might find himself waking up in the morning and wanting breakfast :D :!:

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

Laff

Post by Laff » Sat May 24, 2008 2:14 am

I would suggest eating breakfast a little later in the day, perhaps coffee break time could be his breakfast. It would be a long time to go from dinner time to lunch time. I have done it but I tend to get shaky and headachy. I always get my three meals in no matter what time of day I start. Today I slept until 10, ate breakfast at 11 and lunch at 1. Otherwise I fear the binge monster coming for a visit.
Gotta smile. Laff

Achieving begins with believing!

rose

Post by rose » Sat May 24, 2008 6:32 am

There's no rule that says how many meals you should have!
If your friend can stick to no snacks, no sweets, no seconds with only two meals a day, that's fine.
When he eats a lighter evening meal (no seconds) and abstains from snacks during the morning, he might be ravenous at lunch. If he can stand it that's fine. If he fails a No-S rule because of it, he may want to eat a light breakfast.
On the other hand if he's not ravenous at lunch and keeps only 2 meals a day that's fine too as long as he is able to follow the NoS rules.
Started NoS Jan 07 at 74.5kg (164 lbs, BMI 26.7)
Stable since Jan 08 at 64kg (141 lbs, BMI 23)
My progress chart

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Sat May 24, 2008 7:03 pm

I would say that he can do No S no problem if he keeps to the No S-esses part, but I would suggest he eat 3 meals a day, they just might start (and end) later then most of ours do.
Creating and sustaining the No S habits are the only thing that will take me in the direction I want to go!

Writer110

Post by Writer110 » Mon May 26, 2008 10:00 pm

I am not a big breakfast eater at all. It makes me feel overfull during the day. What I do is have my coffee in the morning and then if I'm hungry a few hours later before lunch I have a yogurt- and count it as a breakfast meal. If I don't eat, no biggie, as long as it doesn't cause me to eat more during the day & night.

I am new to this and am wondering if as I learn to eat less in the evenings I'll be hungry in the mornings. However, I'm not sure that will be the case. During all the years I was a totally normal eater without food issues at all, I only ate 2 meals a day and was fine and didn't give it a second thought. My opinion is that it's fine.

NoelFigart

Post by NoelFigart » Mon May 26, 2008 10:44 pm

A) You don't have to eat exactly three meals a day to be a No S dieter.

B) I'm usually up at five in the morning and rarely eat breakfast before eight.

You don't HAVE to eat breakfast first thing when you get up, if you're choosing to have three meals a day.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue May 27, 2008 4:15 pm

People have done no-s on just 2 meals a day -- one at least with remarkable success.

http://everydaysystems.com/bb/viewtopic ... &start=500

It's not something I'd recommend because I think it's simply too hard and unpleasant for most people, but your friend (like James) might not be "most people."

As Noel points out, 3 meals don't have to be the traditional three meals. A later "Brunch Supper Dinner" (or whatever) can do just as well as the more usual pattern. That might be a more promising starting point for your friend.

Reinhard

Nichole

Re: NOS minus 1

Post by Nichole » Tue May 27, 2008 5:47 pm

palomayombe wrote:A friend of mine wants to start NOS.

He will comply with all rules, except one.

He said he never eats breakfast because he is not hungry in the morning and if he eats he becomes nauseous and sick.
My fiance has the same problem with becoming nauseous and sick. I wonder why? He thinks it has something to do with muscus and post nasal drip.
"Anyone can cook." ~ Chef Gusteau, Ratatouille

Amyliz

Post by Amyliz » Tue May 27, 2008 7:33 pm

My roommate (also male) has the same breakfast issue and avoids eating anything b/f 10am. BUT he's extremely thin and has recently been trying to gain weight so he always eats something at 10 - even if its just a banana or a trail mix/protein bar.

not sure if this input helps, but i think anyone can do No-S, there can always be modifications.
Amyliz

START: 03/30/08 - 158- 161lbs range
Current: 145-148lbs range
On 12/22/09 I saw 145 on the scale for the first time in 7 years!

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Tue May 27, 2008 8:47 pm

My ex-husband was a No-Ser before there was a No-S. He never eats breakfast. I have to make myself do it, and haven't for the last 2-3 weeks. Many people eat only 2 meals daily. I don't see a problem with not eating breakfast and following No-S.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Tue May 27, 2008 9:16 pm

Wosnes: Are you having any difficulties sticking to No S with only two meals a day? Are you having any hunger or snacking or 2nds issues? I am curious to know.
Creating and sustaining the No S habits are the only thing that will take me in the direction I want to go!