size of plate

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

snowflake

size of plate

Post by snowflake » Sun May 25, 2008 4:30 am

I am sort of new to this no S diet. What size plate do you use for your three meals on N days? Also is it the same size plate you would use on S days?

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sun May 25, 2008 5:13 am

Snowflake,

the size of my plate varies, depending on what I am eating and how much. but WHATEVER the size I make sure that it is just one :D

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

NoelFigart

Post by NoelFigart » Sun May 25, 2008 12:37 pm

I use a plain ole 10" dinner plate. My good china is the same size as my regular plates so even if I serve a more special meal (which would usually occur on an S day), I use the same size plates.

That's not by design or anything. It's just what I happen to have.

palomayombe

Post by palomayombe » Sun May 25, 2008 2:24 pm

Last edited by palomayombe on Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jessies Daughter

Post by Jessies Daughter » Sun May 25, 2008 4:31 pm

Welcome Snowflake!

I am fairly new at this also. Since i am trying to make this life style change, it is easier for me to follow the same routine.

I use a 9" plate for all of my meals. I treat my three MEALS on Non S days just like I treat my three MEALS on S Days. I fill one 9†plate and eat whatever I put on that one 9†plate.

On S Days, after I finish my plate of food, I wait to see if I am really still hungry or if I just WANT more food because it tastes good. Either way, hungry or WANT food, I make a conscious decision, I CHOOSE whether to have more food or not. Of course, on S Days I can snack and I can have sweets but I again make a conscious decison to CHOOSE to eat them.

The good thing about this Snowflake is that you really can't mess up, you just start again the next day.
I call this a No S “Thingyâ€. I have never been on a successful “Dietâ€. My brain thinks a "Thingy" is a new way of eating food, a LIFESTYLE CHANGE.

HabitCal: http://everydaysystems.com/habitcal/vie ... &t=NoSDiet

J Ellis

Post by J Ellis » Sun May 25, 2008 6:13 pm

Don't overthink No S. It's very simple. Its simplicity is the key to long-term habit change, which in turn yields success.

I train pretty aggressively, so when I am hungry, I load my plate high. But I still only eat one plate.

Plate size and plate amounts are tweaks that should only be a concern after the habits of No S are well established. In my mind, there are far more useful and important tweaks to make first, e.g. balancing portions on the plate.

Joel

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Tue May 27, 2008 12:02 pm

I use either a 9" or a salad plate, depends on what I am eating. Hubby uses a 9" plate always. Same for S days. GOd BLess and good luck with this program.
Je'sus, j'Ai Confiance dans Vous