fruit for dessert?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

phano

fruit for dessert?

Post by phano » Tue May 27, 2008 5:19 am

This evening, I made broiled peaches for dessert. They were basted in a little bit of sugar, oil, cinnamon and rosemary. Yum! This got me thinking about having fruit for dessert on N-days. (I took today as an S.) For me, it was a very nice closure to the meal. I cleared the dinner dishes and served the peaches on their own pretty plates. I feel wonderfully satisfied, with no desire at all for anything more. Sometimes on N days I want just a little tiny something to round out a meal. An orange eaten with dinner can sometimes do this, but the broiled peaches really felt like their own little lovely event. What do other people think of fruit for dessert?

Karma rex

Post by Karma rex » Tue May 27, 2008 5:37 am

I think eating fruit with your meal is great...I would get away from calling it "dessert". For me to think of it as part of my meal and what fits on my plate is the key to the three meals. Sometimes I eat an apple as part of my dinner and eat it while I am cooking as I am sooop hungry. I count it on my plate though. Same with strawberries with a little yogurt after dinner, just make sure it is part of your plate and I don't see a problem. I too find it satisfying to end my meal with a "little something" even a strawberry or slice of fruit. Sounds good and healthy to me! Rex

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Tue May 27, 2008 2:57 pm

I eat fruit desserts and call them dessert. I think there's "dessert" -- and then there's "DESSERT." I also don't worry about whether or not my fruit dessert fits on my plate.
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

Amyliz

Post by Amyliz » Tue May 27, 2008 3:13 pm

I eat a lot of fruit with my meal. Especially at lunch time, it goes well with a sandwich to eat an apple. But i cut up the fruit and eat it with a fork, it is amazingly filling and makes a nice end to the meal.

I also eat a lot of fruit at breakfast, but generally I follow Karma Rex's plan and make it fit on the plate
Amyliz

START: 03/30/08 - 158- 161lbs range
Current: 145-148lbs range
On 12/22/09 I saw 145 on the scale for the first time in 7 years!