aw man :( I had a snack

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

xJocelynx87

aw man :( I had a snack

Post by xJocelynx87 » Thu May 29, 2008 4:25 am

Okay, so today was my first green day in FOREVER....problem was, I had to go to work at 6, so I ate my dinner at 5. After running around at work all day, I was so hungry that I had a snack when I got home. Normally, I would've pushed my dinner back till 7ish, but it was impossible today. My question is: should I add a small 4th meal? (I've been considering this, as I never am really hungry enough for 3 FULL meals while I'm actually eating them. So maybe decreasing the size of each and adding a 4th would be a good idea.) I've been hesistant to do this, though, cuz I really like the idea of 3 solid meals.

wosnes

Post by wosnes » Thu May 29, 2008 11:55 am

I wouldn't -- unless it's something you'll be doing every day.

I've recently learned that there's nothing wrong with being hungry. We just think we need to do something about it every time we feel it. Hunger is "normal."
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do. Not that the nature of the thing itself has changed but our power to do it is increased." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You are what you eat -- so don't be Fast, Easy, Cheap or Fake."

MollyMouse

I really don't know the answer to that

Post by MollyMouse » Thu May 29, 2008 12:10 pm

Yaaay Jocelyn, good to hear that you had a green day. I am to new at this to give you any advice on adding a meal. But I think the whole concept of this way of eating is at least in the beginning to get into the habit of just eating the three, and sort of finding ways of getting through the hunger pains with a drink and not to immediately satisfy the call of hunger.. If I am wrong on this, I hope some other more experinced NOSER will correct me and put me on the right track.

I had the opposite problem yesterday. I did not get to eat my dinner as I went out after work and did not get home until 11pm. I did not want to eat that late. I have no idea if I should mark that as a green day or not. I did only eat breakfast and lunch but I did not follow the rules of eating 3 meals. Other than that I did not snack, have sweets or seconds. I really was not all that hungry when I went to bed last night, and thought I would be ready to eat the house this morning but to my surprise I was not hungry at all. I had a bottle of water and then my breakfast. Now on with the day. I am not working so I have no structure and wonder how I will make out. I am sure I will be on this site a lot today.

Have a great day.
Cheers
Marilyn
aka MollyMouse

noSer

Post by noSer » Thu May 29, 2008 6:55 pm

Marilyn-

Call it a green day. The rules do not say 3 meals. The rules say no snacks, no sweets, no seconds. There are some who just eat two meals a day on purpose! So go for the green.

Have a great day!
It's more of a waste around the waist than it is in the garbage pail.
Beginning again 04/19
April 2019: 242 :(
July 29, 2019 218.5
Aug 5, 2019 220.5
Oct 28, 2019 205.5
Nov 11, 2019 203