Need some suggestions....

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

OrganicGal

Need some suggestions....

Post by OrganicGal » Fri May 30, 2008 4:40 pm

Tomorrow from 9am-4:30pm, I will be taking part in a Wellness Expo event. I will be manning a table (by myself) for the day where I will be selling Organic snack foods from my store. So I will be selling coffee (which I don't drink), bottled water, granola bars, fruit, cookies and chocolates and individual size bags of chips.
There will be no other food available there and I will not be able to leave the booth (hope I don't have to go potty :? ). I was thinking I could pack a lunch for myself rather then just eat what I am selling....

Any ideas, suggestions? I will have a cooler there, but no way of re-heating anything.
Creating and sustaining the No S habits are the only thing that will take me in the direction I want to go!

fkwan

Post by fkwan » Fri May 30, 2008 4:48 pm

How about a salad to go with the fruit? If you have a cooler, presumably whatever protein you put in the salad (I'd use beans and nuts, but I guess chicken or whatever would be ok on ice) would stay cold and fresh.

PBJ on whole grain bread?

Pretzels if they have them?

f
One must know his limitations. -- John Milius
Beginning weight: 115
Currently: Haven't a clue

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Fri May 30, 2008 5:00 pm

I agree, pjb on wheat bread would hold you up for a lot longer than other foods, girl if you can go that long without going to the potty, you are better than me!!!!
Je'sus, j'Ai Confiance dans Vous

JillyBean

Post by JillyBean » Fri May 30, 2008 5:27 pm

CatholicCajun wrote: girl if you can go that long without going to the potty, you are better than me!!!!
I'm with CatholicCajun on this one, too!!

[And with f on the salad with beans (lentils are what I use) and nuts...] And maybe yogurt??
Jill

The food I eat today is my choice! What price am I willing to pay?

"There are no failures, only feedback." ~~ Robert Allen

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Fri May 30, 2008 5:44 pm

I know you shouldn't do that to your bladder, but I can go a long long time without going to the washroom.

I was thinking maybe a tuna sandwich on whole grain, or just tuna salad in my salad. I also love peanuts in my salad, as well as cheese and hard boiled egg. All of those and all of your suggestions should keep fine in my cooler.

But I'm open to all suggestions....keep 'em comin'
Creating and sustaining the No S habits are the only thing that will take me in the direction I want to go!

Laff

Post by Laff » Fri May 30, 2008 7:33 pm

I think fruit and veggies, a sandwich with meat and cheese would be great. Don't chase them away with strong smelling foods. Some places don't like you to have peanut butter with the general public due to allergies (I do love it though). Let the customers see that you eat your own fruit and granola bars (just not too many!!).
Hmm, about the potty breaks -- whew, couldn't do it!! I have found working in these types of events that often the person in the booth next to me would man my booth for a few minutes while I have a little needed break and I would do the same. You may find someone that would keep you company for a bit and enable you to take a break.
Have fun! Laff :)
Gotta smile. Laff

Achieving begins with believing!

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sat May 31, 2008 1:39 am

Organic Gal,

so many things will work in a cooler. I packed lunches for years. You can get creative and imaginative or keep things really simple ...

WHAT DO YOU WANT FOR LUNCH TOMORROW :D
that is what I would take,

Hope your expo event goes really well,

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey