Losing weight is like eating chocolate. . .

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Laff

Losing weight is like eating chocolate. . .

Post by Laff » Sat May 31, 2008 5:26 pm

It often is never enough!! Being in this diet trap for most of my life I know the dreaded feeling of stepping on the scale and finding it settle on a weight that I am not happy with. Following the NoS plan (staying clear of the diet word) has put me in a different frame of mind. Today was the day that I had set for my WI. I was nervous (even though my clothes fit differently and I feel better).
Well, this morning, after my second set of 21 successful days I am down another 3 pounds which makes it 9 pounds over 6 weeks. For those of you saying how could that happen, I do have over 60 pounds to lose so it may be much different than being close to your 'happy' weight.
The most successful part is that I don't feel deprived or on a diet (for the most part). A few days ago I went to dinner with friends and had a lovely plate of trout, wild rice, veg and salad (all on the same plate, aren't they clever). My friends were ordering decadent desserts and not only did I not order one, I honestly felt fine enjoying my coffee while not having dessert. That being said, I do enjoy my S days although I do try hard not to be an idiot (at least not both days :wink: ).
Keep at it folks, our bodies will thank us.
Gotta smile. Laff

Achieving begins with believing!

Shirls

Post by Shirls » Sat May 31, 2008 5:46 pm

You're right Laff - this plan has to be the happiest diet ever invented. No guilt, no grimness, no gritting of teeth. I've noticed that even on S days I tend to only want the three meals although I treated myself to a Kit Kat with lunch and ice cream after dinner. Befor NoS I'd eat five Kit Kats mid afternoon. (They were supposed to be for a "one a day" plan but I ate 'em all :oops: ) Now I just bought one this morning in the serene knowledge that it would be my after lunch dessert. Very nice it was, too, but it was enough. I don't think I could have eaten another four, even if they were there, but I wasn't taking any chances :wink:
Don't wait for the storm to be over - learn to dance in the rain.

rose

Post by rose » Sat May 31, 2008 6:21 pm

Hello Laff,

congratulations about your weight loss, your new habits, and new attitude regarding food and diet!

:wink:
Started NoS Jan 07 at 74.5kg (164 lbs, BMI 26.7)
Stable since Jan 08 at 64kg (141 lbs, BMI 23)
My progress chart

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:46 am

Laff,
great analogy and congratulations on your SUCCESS

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:26 pm

YAH! Great news, Laff-congratulations! I also have just over 60 lbs to lose, so it's especially nice to hear of your success.

Keep it up! 8)
Hilary
_______

"Habit, if not resisted, soon becomes necessity."-St Augustine

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."-Thomas Jefferson

kccc

Post by kccc » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:14 am

Congrats!

And your trout meal sounds lovely. :) I love how No-S has allowed me to ENJOY good food again. It all tastes so much better without a side order of guilt!

Laff

Post by Laff » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:25 am

Thanks everyone. Guilt free is def. much more comfortable as a lifestyle!
Laff :D
Gotta smile. Laff

Achieving begins with believing!