Getting back on track.

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

angelka71

Getting back on track.

Post by angelka71 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:32 am

I made a quick post a couple of weeks ago about how I was having a hard time eating after the passing of a close family member.

I'm starting to feel a bit better, but I've been treating everyday as an S day...I'm already getting sick of it and ready to get re-started.

My moods fluctuate so much right now...sometimes I feel so anxious even the thought of food makes me sick. Even to the point that I wonder how anyone could eat. Then I'll start to feel a bit better and I'll binge on something.

This is a huge step backwards for me but I'm ready to get back on track.

Thanks for listening.

Laff

Post by Laff » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:27 am

I am so sorry for your loss. It will take time to grieve. It is good, that you feel ready to get back on track with your eating. You will feel so much better knowing that one part of your life that you Can control you are looking after. Try to take care of you, you are so very important.
Laff (hugs to you)
Gotta smile. Laff

Achieving begins with believing!

fkwan

Post by fkwan » Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:07 pm

I'm going through a similar hard time, so I know what it's like. All you can do is pick yourself up and start over.

Lotsa hugs,

f
One must know his limitations. -- John Milius
Beginning weight: 115
Currently: Haven't a clue

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:47 pm

I'm starting to feel a bit better, but I've been treating everyday as an S day...I'm already getting sick of it and ready to get re-started.

My moods fluctuate so much right now...sometimes I feel so anxious even the thought of food makes me sick. Even to the point that I wonder how anyone could eat. Then I'll start to feel a bit better and I'll binge on something.
Depending on how close you were to this person and the total impact this loss will have on your life, your moods will possibly fluctuate for some time.

You might want to expect that as you restart No S, when you DON'T binge you may experience some very intense emotions .. sadness, anger, because it is possible that you are now coming out of shock. If you can restart NO S and give yourself the time, space and permission to experience these emotions you will be able to move through your process.

Death and loss are very mysterious. They are always accompanied in some form by rebirth. But the path between the two takes honesty and a lot of support and kindness for yourself from yourself.

So as you re-start No S prepare yourself for the emotional rollercoaster and fully experience it as much as you are able. Binging will not eradicate the feelings but it will numb them. Be gentle and loving with yourself. Your heart is very tender.

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

angelka71

Post by angelka71 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:13 am

Thank you all so much for your kind words. It means alot.

CrazyCatLady

Post by CrazyCatLady » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:49 am

Welcome back, Angela. Be gentle with yourself!