2 days in

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Gail

2 days in

Post by Gail » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:32 pm

I have been on No S for 2 days now. I think this is actually going to work for me. The hunger is bad at night after supper, but I do so well during the day that I don't want to blow it at night. I lost a pound, these 2 days, I am going to weigh myself every morning and also keep a food journal. WE CAN DO THIS!!!

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:57 pm

Welcome, Gail! Congratulations on your solid start.

The hunger will get better with habit. And feel free to grab a glass of milk if it'll help.

Don't make yourself too crazy with the scales. Weight loss will probably be very slow and jump around a bit.

Reinhard

CrazyCatLady

Post by CrazyCatLady » Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:19 am

Welcome, Gail! This method does take longer, but by the time you reach your goal, you will already know how to maintain!

If you keep getting really hungry after supper, maybe you can make it a little more substantial. Proteins really help keep you satisfied longer!

Dawn

Post by Dawn » Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:07 am

Gail,

The late night munchies were the hardest for me too. After 4 months I still get a twinge every night at 8PM, but heck after 20 years since I quit smoking I still crave a smoke now and then. Habit is strong. Good news is that good habits are just as strong as bad, I guess they just aren't as much fun to establish. I was as much of a hard case as anyone and now four months later I can't believe how No-S has just become my lifestyle. Once you truly understand the uselessness of snacking it becomes so much easier. I do hope you have the book, it made a world of difference to me. I thought I was doing great a month into it and then I got the book - wow! I discovered so many things that I didn't know and I thought I was such an expert on everything diet related.

Good luck, hang tough, it gets easier!
Dawn

Laff

Post by Laff » Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:29 am

Good luck to you! You are so right, we can do this. I do concur about the evening hunger. I swear I could have eaten my right leg the first few nights but that has passed and I rarely think of an evening snack anymore.
Gotta smile. Laff

Achieving begins with believing!

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:55 am

Gail,

WELCOME!

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

irish

Post by irish » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:46 pm

Hope you're still with us. Really, no s is the only way to go. I have been on more diets than you can count (I'm an old lady, I was around when the first Atkins came out) and this really, really works. It takes time, but it cures your obsession with food. Stick with it. (After sixty days, I still have some trouble with weekends, but that's life - nothing is perfect).