This is ridiculous!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

trytrytry

This is ridiculous!

Post by trytrytry » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:23 am

This noS system/diet/thingy - it is way beyond ridiculous!

I am actually losing! I managed to stick to it for 38 days! I reached my short term goal planned for June 21st! I know it might still jump up, but I haven't really believed that I would see the number 72.x kg on my scale... ever???

So this is it:
- I don't consider myself as a person with too much (any?) will power. In fact, my will power is really rubbish. When I struggle, I try to focus on the next meal and something nice I can have. It does help me a lot not to feel deprived.
- I was really struggling in the beginning. I was really really hungry between the meals. REALLY REALLY HUNGRY.
- My worst habits (in the decreasing order) are: snacking to avoid emotions, snacking to avoid procrastination, snacking to avoid boredom.
- I have had red days, I have had bad Sdays. I have had some emotional overeating episodes, but with help of all of you wonderful people, every time I managed to get back on track.
- On my Ndays I eat normal meals (I do a bit of calorie counting every here and there), but they are not too unhealthy in general (I'm not a big fan of fast food, deep fried stuff and so on).
- I'm not crazy with exercise, I do walk or cycle everywhere I go, as I live in a small city (I do try to do a bit more walking these days), but additional exercise is occasional.

And with all my slip ups, I still lost about 3 kg, about 7 lbs, about 4% of my body weight, about 1 BMI unit!!! Crazy stuff.

And the more important thing, I do feel like I could eat like that for the rest of my life. I'm even starting to believe I will.

Yes, I'm loving it.

(And yes, following obsessive, ekm, no, scientific weighting I know my weight has been jumping up and down a little! Biggest jump up from one day to another: +1.3 kg, ie +2.9 lbs!!!)

PS. This is to all of you, who are having doubts, struggling with their will power, worrying about jump ups one the scale, worrying about failures and bad Sdays - by which I mean this is also for me, for times when I forget, and I'm feeling any one (or all) of the above...

Don't aim for perfect, aim to do the best you can! Every week, the best you can will be a tiny little bit better!
Last edited by trytrytry on Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

trytrytry

Post by trytrytry » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:29 am

THANK YOU ALL! THANK YOU REINHARD!

Betty

Post by Betty » Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:02 am

Thanks, Trytrytry

This was one of the most inspiring posts I've seen!

BTW, today is my s day and I'm being an idiot. Oy.
This post is going to help me get back on track.

Betty

BrightAngel

Re: This is ridiculous!

Post by BrightAngel » Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:34 pm

trytrytry wrote: - My worst habits (in the decreasing order) are:
. . . . . snacking to avoid emotions,
. . . . . snacking to avoid procrastination,
. . . . . snacking to avoid boredom.

I have had red days, I have had bad Sdays.
I have had some emotional overeating episodes,
but ... every time I managed to get back on track.
I do feel like I could eat like that for the rest of my life.
I'm even starting to believe I will.

Don't aim for perfect, aim to do the best you can!
Every week, the best you can will be a tiny little bit better!
Thanks for sharing this.
It was just the message I needed to hear today.
BrightAngel - (Dr. Collins)
See: DietHobby. com

Blondie

Post by Blondie » Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:53 pm

Excellent. 8)
What Navin said.

kccc

Post by kccc » Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:19 pm

What a wonderful post! :)

How marvelous to hear that it's going well for you, and how nice of you to inspire others with your story.

janinedog

Post by janinedog » Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:53 pm

Yay! Congratulations. :D

fkwan

Post by fkwan » Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:18 pm

I third or fourth it. :)

It works. It takes forever, but it works.

Bows, garlands of flowers for Reinhard. :)

f
One must know his limitations. -- John Milius
Beginning weight: 115
Currently: Haven't a clue

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:29 pm

Great post -- I really needed this too! It helped me resist the S'mores PopTarts in the vending machine (400+ cals, omg). And now it's almost lunch time :) Thanks for sharing your chart, too. I should upload mine somehow.
"Anyone can cook." ~ Chef Gusteau, Ratatouille

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:42 pm

Great great post! It really does work, even with slip ups! I, too, have many red N days and a few bad S days (although those are improving with time) and I still have lost weight (31lbs and counting).

I am so glad you shared your very inspiring post! :)
{FarmerHal} ...previously Shamrockmommy...
Vanilla NoS... Making good habits.
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:28 pm

Congratulations and thank you for sharing!

The moving average overlaid with the habitcal compliance is very neat. You've nudged me a step closer to taking the plunge and coding this up already...

Reinhard

BrightAngel

Post by BrightAngel » Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:15 pm

reinhard wrote:You've nudged me a step closer to taking the plunge and coding this up already...

Reinhard
Great to hear.
I'm eagerly waiting to see the No S Chart.
BrightAngel - (Dr. Collins)
See: DietHobby. com

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:45 am

trytrytry

thank you for sharing your success and it was also really interesting to see your weight fluctuations and STEADY down ward trend ...

YOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

Sheiler

Post by Sheiler » Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:30 am

Thanks from me too! After three days of next to no sleep (not a good S to No) I snacked on brownies about 3 o'clock last night - both a snack and a sweet! Anyway, your post was very timely. I'm back on track for today, and tomorrow is a legitimate S day (as well as my first grandbaby's first birthday, that's pretty S) Then I'm totally ready to get back to building good habits, and your post really helped me today. :D

CrazyCatLady

Post by CrazyCatLady » Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:25 am

That is just wonderful! You are doing GREAT!

And this is very encouraging for me! Thanks for sharing!

angelka71

Post by angelka71 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:14 am

Thank you for posting this! It's given me so much encouragement!

roseha

Post by roseha » Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:17 am

Great chart, trytrytry. I felt great this morning because I was down 10 lbs from my recent high weight (not all time but this year). Being on Nos since early April has really been working for me. It does if you really keep at it.

And I have had about 6 red days in that 8 or 9 weeks time - it worked anyway.

Jessies Daughter

Post by Jessies Daughter » Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:54 pm

CONGRATS Try!!

Your posts was inspiring. Keep up the good work!!
I call this a No S “Thingyâ€. I have never been on a successful “Dietâ€. My brain thinks a "Thingy" is a new way of eating food, a LIFESTYLE CHANGE.

HabitCal: http://everydaysystems.com/habitcal/vie ... &t=NoSDiet

Writer110

Post by Writer110 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:09 pm

Wonderful!!!!! :D

Shirls

Post by Shirls » Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:47 pm

Thanks so much Try. I've had a disastrous week, but your post has really helped. Back to the HabitCal. I'm going to wear something green all next week to remind me I'm on track :wink: And tomorrw I'll wear yellow 8)
Don't wait for the storm to be over - learn to dance in the rain.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:35 pm

I'm going to wear something green all next week to remind me I'm on track And tomorrw I'll wear yellow
Shirls,

HOW CLEVER! got to love it....

Blueskighs

trytrytry

Post by trytrytry » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:22 am

Hey guys!
Thanks a lot for all your responses! I am really glad if my post did help someone even if a little bit - there's been so many times when your support has helped me with getting back on track that I couldn't be grateful enough!!!

Hope you're all doing well - I am working hard towards my first 21 successful days (today is my first 21 consecutive days with no failures, but two NWS days - so a little success, but I'd really like to have three "clean weeks" before I go traveling when sticking to my habits will be really hard!)

All together it's been 45 days now and I am starting to see improvement in my emotional eating tendencies. Today is one of those days when I would go and get myself some cake to make myself feel better (or worse ;)). And the weird thing is - I'm not even that tempted! I definitely thought about it and then decided against it not only because it would be a FAILURE, but mostly because I realized it is not going to help. Or actually:
Because I don't feel like it is going to help, because I don't feel like eating - as this is one of those days when I wouldn't listen to the reasonable me anyway!

So I am sitting here thinking - I feel really sad and miserable, there are three tubs of ice cream in the freezer, two boxes of cookies in the cupboard and a chocolate somewhere in the drawer and I'm not even tempted to stuff myself. How weird! Ridiculous, in fact. Another crazy fact. Is that still me at all???

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:27 pm

trytrytry,

sounds like you are doing great!

Congratulations on your many successes...

45 days,
21 days,
not emotional eating!

Blueskighs

Mandalynn

Try try try's chart to track no s days

Post by Mandalynn » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:37 pm

Hi trytrytry,

I am new to the no s diet and saw your chart, just curious about how you created it. Is it an excel file? I'm wondering what all the great x's and lines mean. Can you share how you did it?

I am only 3 days in to this, but doing well and love charts! Can you share your info?

Thanks.

P.S. I have absolutely never ever written a note in a chat room -- this is a first for me! It feels a little strange. Maybe that's strange to say too.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:49 am

I have absolutely never ever written a note in a chat room -- this is a first for me! It feels a little strange.
Mandalynn,

glad you are hear and posted :D
WELCOME,

Blueskighs

Mandalynn

Post by Mandalynn » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:29 am

Glad to be here. I created a username 2 months ago and then didn't start no "s" until I saw the No S book at the bookstore. It just seemed to make total sense to me.

We'll see.