Stacy's Update

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Stacy Jo

Stacy's Update

Post by Stacy Jo » Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:25 pm

Hello No'ser's!

Been away for a while due to job hunting (a job in and of itself!) so have not been here for few weeks.

Just wanted to update you on my progress. Since beginning NoS mid-April I believe, I have lost about 10 lbs. I am now down to 155! Woo hoo! 15 more to go with a 5 lbs comfort buffer, so ideally 20 lbs to go.

Even with the stress of being out of a job right now, NoS has been one of the more stable factors that has been keeping me sane. Now that isn't to say I haven't "cheated", because I have. It is also helping me be more aware of food choices (always been pretty good in that regard) and portion control (not so good in that regard).

Until I parted ways with my former company, working out was easy as the gym was near work on the way home. Now, it's been more on than off, but I can tell there is a difference in my work out habit.

Once I hit my goal, I am going to treat myself to a Hermes scarf! (Of course, I will have be working again too).

Now here's the kicker - on my S days, I've been observing myself (as objectively as possible) and found that I have no desire to let my new eating habits take a siesta as it were. This is pretty cool! Yes, I'll indulge slightly, but that is about it.

So there you have it in a nutshell...things are good.

Best, Stacy

cvmom

Post by cvmom » Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:42 pm

Wow Stacy!

That is Great!!!

Congratulations!!! :D :D

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:45 pm

Congratulations! Have a blessed day.
Je'sus, j'Ai Confiance dans Vous

Dawn

Post by Dawn » Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:33 pm

That's great to hear. If you can focus on you and your health at this stressful time then you can do just about anything.

Yeah you!!!
Dawn

flipturn

Post by flipturn » Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:55 pm

As someone who started No S-ing on the same day as you did, I am glad to hear that you are doing to well! Keep up the good work and you will be wearing that "carre d'Hermes" before you know it.

Stacy Jo

Post by Stacy Jo » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:08 pm

Boy, it's mid-July already! But still doing NoS. Had some off days, but didn't flog myself over it. I'm down to about 153 now, from a high of 169. I'm also noticing that my body measurements are smaller (from the fit of my clothes rather than the measurement tape, which I don't do at all really!)

Reinhard, I saw that youtube piece...It did not sound like anyone involved in the story did any fact checking to any extent. But any publicity is good publicity.

Stacy

Stacy Jo

Post by Stacy Jo » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:01 pm

Now I have to seriously have some of my work clothes taken in - YIPPEE! I bought a suit about 6 weeks ago and it fit nicely...now it needs some alterations - jacket and skirt.

I'm still in my 153-155 lb range...next goal is the 148-150 lb range (if I remember to step on the scale).

clio

Post by clio » Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:08 pm

Congratulations!! It's great to read about your progress and very motivating!
SW: 154