Grocery bills are lower!!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

mjn

Post by mjn » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:35 pm

Anyone else spending less for groceries? I find that I am buying only foods that I know I am going to eat. I am not as wasteful as I once was. I am not buying sweets or snacks when I do my shopping and that makes a huge difference. Wow, how cool, especially now that food prices are going up. Another reason for No S.

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:57 pm

When our son moved out our grocery bill decreased by an enormous amount, and now it does again, we are not eating as much junk so that helps and we tend to cook things that we can eat for a few days. I agree another reason for No S. Have a blessed day.
Je'sus, j'Ai Confiance dans Vous

flipturn

Post by flipturn » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:09 pm

Yes, mjn, I have noticed that we are using nearly everything that we buy, planning meals more carefully, and nothing goes to waste. I especially mindful of this when I take out the trash; there is only one big can instead of two.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:57 am

mjn,

emphatically YES, our grocery bills have decreased significantly ... snacking, sweets, seconds .... all cost $$$$$ :D

also for me, i am getting a very clear idea on NO S as to the fact that binging and overeating are expensive!

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:02 pm

You'd think that eating less should cost less, but it's not always so, apparently. Most diets are much more expensive than mere overeating.

Most diets, except the No $ Diet, that is :-)

Reinhard

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:37 pm

Actually, I have to say that is true in my experience!

Perhaps that is why I was so shocked when we started to have such significant $$$$$ savings on NO S, on many other "diets" the grocery bill skyrocketed with needs for special foods and/or ingredients and/or supplements.

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

Airen08

Post by Airen08 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:23 pm

Not only is it cheaper for me...but sooo much easier!! I simply go to the outer loop of the sotre and I'm done!! The only inner aisle I need is cereal and frozen meals. Other than that I get milk, meats, and fruit/veggies.
SW: 290
CW: 255
GW: 150
Started No-S on 3/1/08 at 290

Too solid flesh

Post by Too solid flesh » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:09 am

Unfortunately, my grocery bills aren't lower. I waste less food, buy less junk and consume less food, but I am buying far more fruit, and fruit in the UK is expensive. However, this is my choice - I certainly could have reduced my food bills on NoS.