ello! i'm new here >'-'<

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

telltalemikey

ello! i'm new here >'-'<

Post by telltalemikey » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:23 am

so...... i just decided to give the no s diet a whirl. i am trying to shake off the last few pounds. i have lost about 60 in the last 2 years. mostly be just counting calories and exercising. but now i'm dealing with some other issues. i have a looongg history of binge eating and emotional eating. i'm trying to change my relationship with food and set up a good base for maintaining my weight when i'm done losing. a couple concerns i have are : no snacks...... i have been doing the 5-6 small meals a day kinda thing so 3 squares is going to be kinda hard. also, i'm afraid on s days i might go crazy, i am a binge eater and don't want to do good all week just to sabotage myself on the weekend. well, thanks for reading :roll:
AMOR VINCIT OMNIA....LOVE CONQUERS ALL
(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨
(¸.•´ (¸.•´MIKEY

Jessies Daughter

Re: ello! i'm new here >'-'<

Post by Jessies Daughter » Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:46 am

telltalemikey wrote:i'm trying to change my relationship with food and set up a good base for maintaining my weight when i'm done losing. a couple concerns i have are : no snacks...... i have been doing the 5-6 small meals a day kinda thing so 3 squares is going to be kinda hard. also, i'm afraid on s days i might go crazy, i am a binge eater and don't want to do good all week just to sabotage myself on the weekend. well, thanks for reading :roll:
Welcome Telltalemikey! This is really all about establishing HABITS. You will find that three squares is more than enough once you have established good eating HABITS. Be sure to set up a HabitCal and keep be vigiliant about using it to track your progress.

Establishing good habits is what allowed me to get a handle on between meal snacks, sweets and binging. I began to recognize when I was hungry and to only eat when I was hungry.

String those groups of consecutive 21 days together and before you know it you will be right on track!
I call this a No S “Thingyâ€. I have never been on a successful “Dietâ€. My brain thinks a "Thingy" is a new way of eating food, a LIFESTYLE CHANGE.

HabitCal: http://everydaysystems.com/habitcal/vie ... &t=NoSDiet

kccc

Post by kccc » Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:49 am

That can be a problem at first, but it's a normal stage. My advice...

Work on N-days first, until they are PERFECT. The "strictness" podcast is one of my favorites at this stage.
Then read the "s days gone wild" podcast (stickied above).

It may take time to un-do old habits. Give yourself that time.

There are several on this board who un-learned binging behaviors and developed a more positive relationship with food... poke around and read those stories.

And welcome. :)

telltalemikey

Post by telltalemikey » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:32 am

thank you for the welcome and supportive comments. i have just had a chance to glance around the podcasts. good stuff. looking forward to learning and growing through this. thanks again.
AMOR VINCIT OMNIA....LOVE CONQUERS ALL
(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨
(¸.•´ (¸.•´MIKEY

Laff

Post by Laff » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:26 am

Wishing you the best of success here. What I like most of all is that I just feel like I am eating like a normal person. Some weekends I indulge in more treats than others but I don't feel a great need to snack all evening long anymore.
Gotta smile. Laff

Achieving begins with believing!

Betty

Post by Betty » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:15 am

I think No-S makes a great "maintenence plan" after a hardcore diet. Don't be surprised, though, if it takes a while to lose those "last few pounds." From what I've heard on the board, the closer you get to your natural weight, the slower it goes.

But if you're in it for the long haul, you'll get there!

Betty

Ps-- I've started no-s three times now :oops: , and each time I started with very bingy S days, but it DID get better over time.

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:45 pm

Bienvenu and God bless you with success.
Je'sus, j'Ai Confiance dans Vous

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:24 am

telltalemikey,

can't say it enough ... getting the book and reading it cover to cover is INVALUABLE! It directly deals with so many issues you are bringing up.

Other than that the podcasts that KCCC recommended are great!

WELCOME!

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey