Until I started the NoS diet, I didn't know. . .

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

esdaly

Until I started the NoS diet, I didn't know. . .

Post by esdaly » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:54 pm

just how much emotional eating I was doing. I never really thought of myself as an emotional eater, but now I can see all the times when I am not really hungry, but am seeking comfort. Interesting stuff! Anyone else learned things about themselves from no S'ing? I loved to hear your experiences.

fkwan

Re: Until I started the NoS diet, I didn't know. . .

Post by fkwan » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:14 pm

esdaly wrote:just how much emotional eating I was doing. I never really thought of myself as an emotional eater, but now I can see all the times when I am not really hungry, but am seeking comfort. Interesting stuff! Anyone else learned things about themselves from no S'ing? I loved to hear your experiences.
Well, I always knew I was an emotional eater, but I never knew I could stop. :)

I still have a binge problem every now and then, but on the whole I'm eating healthy, sticking to 3 meals and getting rid of sweets. No S also helped me transition from vegetarian to vegan justlikethat, as ee cummings used to say.

It's also helping me to exercise more painlessly and cut down on caffeine.

f
One must know his limitations. -- John Milius
Beginning weight: 115
Currently: Haven't a clue

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:18 am

esdaly,

I have been a pretty serious emotional eater all my life. No S is the best antidote to emotional eating that I know of!

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

cvmom

Post by cvmom » Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:50 pm

Same here. No S is really the only way that I have controlled my EE. (And lost weight at the same time!)

Amyliz

Post by Amyliz » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:11 pm

Hi Esdaly,
I can say i didn't know i was an emotional STRESS eater, and i was really surprised! I think i spent years hiding behind the 'illusion' of healthy eating. i would NEVER say i was on a diet, just 'watching what i eat' and i would often watch as I ate a whole LOT of food.

now that i no longer emotionally eat on a regular basis, I am very aware of when I do on S-days. I also like how i work much better, and i handle the stress of work differently than i used to. There is a quote in Reinhards book (or maybe it was on this message board) but he says 'Routine is the antidote to stress'
I find that so refreshing, and now i turn to routine instead of food when i need to de-stress.
Amyliz

START: 03/30/08 - 158- 161lbs range
Current: 145-148lbs range
On 12/22/09 I saw 145 on the scale for the first time in 7 years!