What was it like when you started?

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

esdaly

What was it like when you started?

Post by esdaly » Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:22 pm

Reviewing my progress so far:

First week: Perfect
Second Week: Perfect
Third Week: Surgery: Didn't participate in NoS
Fourth Week: One Failure
Fifth Week: One Failure

Not sure how typical my progress is. I'd love to hear from others about there beginning stages!

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:32 pm

Esdaly,

I read the book before I started the diet. Actually I stumbled on the book at Barnes and Noble on a Monday and stopped snacks, sweets and seconds for the rest of that day. I finished the book before I went to bed that night. I also listened to the podcast on "Strictness" the first week. From the moment I picked up the book I have stopped eating snacks, seconds and sweets on N Days.

I feel very fortunate with my progress and will be eternally grateful to Reinhard for coming up with this and writing the book!

That being said everyone has had different experiences in the beginning and hopefully many will share theirs here.

If you would like to follow my "emotional" journey on No S you can go to my blog and see the March/April entries at www.nosdiet.blogspot.com

Sounds like you are off to a good start.

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

noSer

Post by noSer » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:04 pm

Esdaly -

I love the No S diet! I got off to a great start - I think I was just really, really ready to lose weight, but have had a hard time in the past balancing a special diet with still needing to cook for my family. Who wants to eat diet food, when everybody else is eating good stuff. Anyway, I'm embarrased to say that I was more than a little mystified by the struggles some people were having. Well, you know what pride goeth before :oops:

Last week things got a little crazy, and I got off track. But, unlike most diets where that would have been the end of it for me, I'm back on the wagon again. This is truly the best eating plan I have ever been on. Is it speedy? No. But it is sustainable.

Have a great day!

P.S. Surgery, as well as sickness are S days. Ya gotta do what ya gotta do to get back on your feet.
It's more of a waste around the waist than it is in the garbage pail.
Beginning again 04/19
April 2019: 242 :(
July 29, 2019 218.5
Aug 5, 2019 220.5
Oct 28, 2019 205.5
Nov 11, 2019 203