New Guy...

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Yep

New Guy...

Post by Yep » Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:28 pm

I’m just saying hi. I started on Monday and so far it has been fairly easy to maintain.

Tomorrow is my first S day, it should be interesting. Our neighbors dropped off a 2 half gallons of ice cream on Tuesday as a thank you for helping them out last week. It will be nice to actually have some without any guilt!

Growing up I was so skinny that I was actually embarrassed by my looks (funny how the tables turned). I worked so hard at changing my weight that I developed incredibly bad eating habits. I always knew if I could eat like a “normal person†I could lose weight.

I found this site and laughed at the simplicity of the whole thing. It has already removed the stress of some rather large eating events this summer!

Amyliz

Post by Amyliz » Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:33 pm

Welcome! and i would wish you good luck ... but you don't need luck on this diet! you will need patience though, if you read around you'll see posts about gaining in the first week, or being slow to lose.

i've been on No-S for almost 11 weeks and i've lost 5lbs, with some fluctuation here and there. The mental benefits are amazing though, and i wouldn't trade them for a quick fix diet.

take care
Amyliz
Amyliz

START: 03/30/08 - 158- 161lbs range
Current: 145-148lbs range
On 12/22/09 I saw 145 on the scale for the first time in 7 years!

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:41 pm

I always knew if I could eat like a “normal person†I could lose weight.
Yep,

mine was kind of, I know if I could just stop binging I would not have to worry about my weight anymore :D

fortunately No S is proving me right on this one!

WELCOME!
glad to hear you are doing so well,
and remember to enjoy your S day tomorrow. If you have a chance listen to the S Days Gone Wild Podcast

http://everydaysystems.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=3401

and if you have a chance, pick up a copy of the book,

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:53 pm

Bienvenu! And God Bless you with success.
Je'sus, j'Ai Confiance dans Vous

Yep

Re: New Guy...

Post by Yep » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:08 pm

Hi, it’s been 1 month since I started. Even though I had a 10 day vacation, I have lost just over 12 pounds (sorry I'm a metrics guy, so I weigh myself daily).

I would of had one red day (on vacation), but I made it a S day. I was with a group and they decided to go to an all you can eat fish fry. I still only ate one extra piece of fish than they had on the single portion they offer for seniors.

Early on we did a favor for a neighbor who works for an ice cream company that makes very rich expensive ice cream. They said thank you by dropping off 2 large containers of my favorite flavor (on a Monday I might add). It’s amazing how rewarding ice cream can be when you have to wait for it!

I do bend the rules slightly in that I eat my salad on another plate.

This diet should be called the No Work Diet. I am amazed at how easy it is to follow!

June 16, 2008: 243.2 lbs.
July 18, 2008: 230.6 lbs.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:58 pm

No Work Diet.
have to agree with you on that Yep!

CONGRATULATIONS on your AMAZING RESULTS!

I am farely new to this and just finished an eleven day vacation, I planned 3 NWS days in there along with S days because I could :D it worked really well!

I will probably do that for future vacations as well, you know, throw in a few NWS days to keep things fun and free! Sounds like that one worked well for you!

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

ktharmoney

Post by ktharmoney » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:37 pm

Yay new kid! I'm a new kid too! Well, kind of. Anyway, enjoy your ice cream!