3 weeks in + my first traveling experience

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

gingercake

3 weeks in + my first traveling experience

Post by gingercake » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:07 am

We've been on the road in the car for the last two days, and though I know I could have exempted myself and made them NWS days, I decided ahead of time that I just wanted to stick with 3 meals, no snacks, no sweets. So, normally we'd be munching stuff in the car but we didn't, and we didn't die. We just stopped at meal times and ate. Last night dinner was pretty big at a local saloon...if it were to all fit on one plate it'd be a fairly massive one. I asked about dessert, and came so close to ordering one, but I thought nah, save myself $7 and make some cookies over the weekend. I gave myself a green box despite some questionable portions at dinner, because I was very proud of the way I ate on the road, and for not what the helling it.

I've been at this about 3 weeks with one red day. I've gained some weight, but I know why (mostly from eating out a lot, and going a little crazy on those first two weekends, and having come to No S straight from a fairly restrictive diet) and am not freaking out about it. I've concentrated on the very basic No S - no snacks, sweets, seconds. However, I know that a lot of my N day dinners over the past 3 weeks would not fit comfortably on one reasonable plate even if I'm not technically taking seconds. I've felt like it was important for me to see those green boxes and also just get into that 3-meals/no sweets habit and not worry as much about quantities. I've also given myself green boxes for exercise even when it was a 10-minute walk to the mail box. Most of those greens represent 20-60 minutes of exercise but I've been generous with myself. (What a different habit THAT is from the self-punishing diet head!)

On Monday I'm going to start focusing on the plate and improving my workouts, and also eating out less. We've got a family visit coming up in a couple of weeks and I know we'll be eating out a lot then, so I'm going to focus on home cooking until that time.

I read the boards every day - you guys are an inspiration!

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:10 am

gingercake,

it sounds like you are doing really well and doing the most important thing ... BUILDING YOUR HABITS! - even while you were on the road! That is great!

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

sbay301

Post by sbay301 » Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:42 am

Wow! Great job on sticking to it while you traveled. Give yourself tons of credit for that!

cvmom

Post by cvmom » Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:55 pm

Ginger, it sounds like you are doing great!!! My first few weeks of Nosing were spent in a motorhome with my family and man it seemed so odd not to be driving and munching. But, I stuck with it, and I really think that helped carve out the habits. It was easier coming home and getting into a routine.

Every day of compliance is one more day toward your goal.

Congratulations!!!!!!

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:44 pm

Good for you Ginger!
Je'sus, j'Ai Confiance dans Vous