MONDAY IS THE BEGINNING OF A NEW WAY OF LIVING

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

BSUDS

MONDAY IS THE BEGINNING OF A NEW WAY OF LIVING

Post by BSUDS » Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:28 pm

WELL, I HAVE FINALLY DECIDED TO "TAKE THE PLUNGE". I HAVE GOTTEN TO THE POINT THAT BETWEEN BEING OBESE AND NEEDING A KNEE REPLACEMENT, I CAN NO LONGER FUNCTION AS A "NORMAL PERSON". I HAVE TO THINK ABOUT HOW MY KNEE IS FEELING THAT PARTICULAR DAY BEFORE I THINK ABOUT DOING THINGS OTHERS TAKE FOR GRANTED. I AM ALSO PRE-DIABETIC AND AM ADDICTED TO SUGAR. NOTHING IS TOO SWEET FOR ME.

MY TURNING POINT WAS TODAY. I WENT INTO THE BREAKROOM TO GET A COKE (MY WORSE ADDICTION) AND SOMEONE HAD JUST HEATED UP A "DIET" TV DINNER. IT SMELLED SO BAD, IT ALMOST MADE ME SICK. I KNEW THEN THAT I COULDN'T GO ON A "DIET" THAT MEANT EATING DIET FOOD TO LOSE THIS WEIGHT. THERE HAD TO BE A BETTER WAY. THEN I REMEMBERED REINHARD'S BOOK. I ALSO GOT ON THE INTERNET AND WAS READING TESTIMONIALS. I KNEW THEN THAT THIS WAS THE WAY TO GO.

IT JUST MAKES SO MUCH SENSE. EAT LESS AND CUT BACK ON SUGAR. I KNOW IT WILL BE HARD AT FIRST TO BREAK MY SUGAR ADDICTION, BUT I REALLY FEEL IT HAS TO HAPPEN OR I WILL NEVER LOSE WEIGHT. STOMACH BYPASS SURGERY, DEPRIVATION, STARVATION. YOU NAME IT, I HAVE DONE IT, AND NONE OF THEM HAVE EVER WORKED TO HELP ME LOSE THE WEIGHT AND KEEP IT OFF.

WISH ME LUCK.
ALL THAT I WANT OUT OF LIFE IS FOR MY "OUTSIDE" TO MATCH MY "INSIDE".

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:33 pm

Well BSUDS, welcome to No S! If you already have Reinhards book, then make sure you read it...over & over if necessary. But remember this plan is about simplicity and building habits, while you learn to eat like a normal person.

Good Luck, and keeping reading the posts on these boards.

And just a gentle reminder, that when you type IN ALL CAPS on the internet...it is considered "yelling", so you might want to take off the caps lock. :)
Creating and sustaining the No S habits are the only thing that will take me in the direction I want to go!

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:41 pm

BSUDS,

want to WELCOME you and wish you LOTS OF LUCK :wink:

I passionately beleive in NO S!

in addition to book, podcasts on "strictness" and "S days gone wild" have been a huge help for me,

today is an S day so remember, whatever you eat to ENJOY it!

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

CatholicCajun

Post by CatholicCajun » Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:42 pm

Bienvenu! Starting with baby steps may be helpful for you, remember it takes awhile to replace one habit with another. God Bless you with success.
Je'sus, j'Ai Confiance dans Vous

sbay301

Post by sbay301 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:15 pm

Just remember you are not alone. We are all in this together. You will do it. One meal at a time.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:08 pm

Good luck, Bsuds!

Keep posting here. Establishing new habits can be tough and you need all the encouragement you can get.

Reinhard

anovelgirl

Post by anovelgirl » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:59 pm

Welcome to you!

I understand about your knee issue - I have bum hips, and still have this sinking feeling that the "birth defect" diagnosis also includes the 50 extra lbs I'm carrying on my frame. My doctor won't actually say it, but it always seems to be implied....

After my second hip surgery (now recovering from) I knew I had to get a handle on things. Yes, I'm vain and want to be skinny...but more than that, I'm guilt-ridden over what my long recovery periods are doing to my little ones. They have sacrificed their summer to take care of Mom, again, - six months in a year of solely waiting hand and foot on their mother. It's just too much for a kid to have to bear.

I thought if I can start shedding some of the weight, maybe it would improve my hip problems, or at least, delay them until my children are older and out of the house - making it not their problem anymore. And really, the other health benefits are SO worth the work.

Problem I'm having is, it's just so easy! I hope you find that, too. This way of eating is SO SUPER EASY! :wink:

BSUDS

thanks

Post by BSUDS » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:21 pm

Thanks to everyone for their support. so far, so good. It was so strange last night when I was planning for today. Except for finishing the soda in the house and a trip to D.Q. for an ice cream, I didn't have to RUN to the store to get "diet food". I am going to just try to make my usual meals that I cook during the week contain a little more healthy choices (summer is such a good time w/all the fresh fruit and veg's) and bring the leftovers to work for lunch instead of fast food everyday for lunch. That's it.

Thanks Everyone!!!!! :D
ALL THAT I WANT OUT OF LIFE IS FOR MY "OUTSIDE" TO MATCH MY "INSIDE".