Popcorn, Junior Mints and Ninety Day Results!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

blueskighs

Popcorn, Junior Mints and Ninety Day Results!

Post by blueskighs » Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:42 pm

Well yesteday was "ninety days" on No S and I am pretty THRILLED with how everything is going ...

I have gone into the details today on my blog ... www.nosdiet.blogspot.com , so if you are interested please check it out.

One of the reasons I post my results and do the blog is I had suffered with BED - Binge Eating Disorder soooooooooo long before I started No S. I was also COMPLETLEY CONVINCED that I was a sugar addict and/or "powerless over food"

So to have the physical and emotional and psychological healing that I have had on No S just leaves me feeling VERY PASSIONATE about it!

Have to say THANK YOU again to REINHARD ENGELS ... you have changed my life for the better. My husband thanks you too as you have actually changed his life for the better too! :D you know the whole ripple effect ...

And also THANK YOU to all you wonderful people, who like me, are willing to share on the boards your struggles, your successes, your caring, your friendship, and your support.

thank you all from the bottom of my heart,
Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:09 pm

blue, I posted a response on your daily check in, but I have no trouble repeating it here!!

Your results are AWESOME! Weight reduction, BMI reduction, body fat reduction...all while enjoying lattes and glazed twists!

Way To Go Girl!!!!
Creating and sustaining the No S habits are the only thing that will take me in the direction I want to go!

3aday

Post by 3aday » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:10 am

Blueskighs...what wonderful results.
You a wonderful inspiration to many.

:D

cvmom

Post by cvmom » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:56 am

Just over 9 Pounds in 90 days! Blue you are AWESOME! Congratulation! I am so happy for you!

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Jessies Daughter

Re: Popcorn, Junior Mints and Ninety Day Results!

Post by Jessies Daughter » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:57 am

CONGRATULATIONS!! On your ninty days... may there be many, many more!!
I call this a No S “Thingyâ€. I have never been on a successful “Dietâ€. My brain thinks a "Thingy" is a new way of eating food, a LIFESTYLE CHANGE.

HabitCal: http://everydaysystems.com/habitcal/vie ... &t=NoSDiet

CrazyCatLady

Post by CrazyCatLady » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:21 pm

Wonderful! You are very encouraging and inspiring to me, BlueSkighs! Thank YOU!

BrightAngel

Post by BrightAngel » Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:37 pm

Congratulations. Image
BrightAngel - (Dr. Collins)
See: DietHobby. com

sbay301

Post by sbay301 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:00 pm

You are an inspiration to me as I've just begun. Great work - and I know that it was work.

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:52 pm

Blueskighs,

Congratulations and thank YOU for so thoroughly (and beautifully) documenting your no-s diet journey. You make one plate a meal look really, really good.

Reinhard

fkwan

Post by fkwan » Mon Jun 23, 2008 3:27 pm

Hooray, hooray, hooray! Blue, you are the No S Poster Girl! :D

f
One must know his limitations. -- John Milius
Beginning weight: 115
Currently: Haven't a clue

irish

Post by irish » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:00 pm

Again CONGRATULATIONS to you. Not only have you helped yourself, but you are helping so many people with your blogspot and your comments on the board. You really are an inspiration, and I agree - NO S IS WONDERFUL.

funfuture

Post by funfuture » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:58 pm

Great stuff. Well done. And just for the record - I always enjoy reading your very positive, supportive posts. You make a great contribution to the board. :)

susieokla

Post by susieokla » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:31 am

Congratulations!
Susieokla

No S Diet Start Weight 10/6/08: 165 lbs

Current weight as of 10/14/08: 160 lbs

Goal Weight: 135-140 lbs

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:37 am

GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are too KIND! :oops:

I do feel so passionately about No S and it is so wonderful to be sharing this journey with you guys!

OrganicGal, 3aday, cvmom, Jessies Daughter, CrazyCatLady, Bright Angel, sbay301, Reinhard, fkwan, irish, funfuture, and susieokla, it would not be the same without you!

I am happy for us all because thanks to Reinhard, we are ALL growing and learning so much.

thank you guys again :oops: !
Blueskighs

resting52

Post by resting52 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:43 am

Hey Blue!

That is so wonderful! Following your blog and progress has been a joy! I completely agree about the poster child thing.

Resting

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:50 pm

Thank you Resting!

Blueskighs

cvmom

Post by cvmom » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:21 pm

I have to say that when I read the title of this post I thought, "Oh - someone went to the movies today".....

(My personal movie choice would be popcorn and reeses peanut butter cups...)

MoTappin

Post by MoTappin » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:56 pm

Blueskighs, what super results! I'm getting back on the NoS wagon after one of those "false starts" Reinhard talks about.

You said in your blog that you've decreased the duration and frequency of your workouts, and increased the intensity. I'd be interested to know what you've been doing.
Meredith

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:09 am

cvmom,

popcorn and peanut butter cups sounds pretty darn good, one of my treats is frozen mini peanut butter cups........hmmmmmmmmmmm

Mo Tappin,

I was working out 5 to 6 days a week doing weights and cardio most days
NOW I am doing 4 days a week and I do two weight days and two cardios, BUT I am working shorter 20-40 minutes at VERY high intensity. I think you can look up stuff on the net ... there is a lot of evidence that high intensity training is as effective as more frequent longer workouts. Especially for people who have worked out for a while.

The weight workouts are either Upper Body focussed or Lower BOdy or FUlly Body focussed but I use the heaviest weights I Can. They are tough, a bit brutal but short and only 2 times a week.

FOr Cardio I just try to slam myself using intervals i.e one minute at a recovery rate and the one minute all out ... I might do 15 minutes on the stair mill and then ten on a stationary bike. I mix it up and keep it to 25 minutes max.

I am workiing with a personal trainer at my gym so they help me set up routines and weights and levels on the machine for my cardio. They also have me doing quite a bit of plyometrics. Try hopping on one leg around the gym :D

The best thing a personal trainer does for me is get to me work at a much higher intensity than I thought I was capable of, there is nothing else that could explain the change in my body fat in this amount of time.

Blueskighs

cvmom

Post by cvmom » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:35 am

Blue....that is so interesting that you are doing intensity training. I am too! Instead of my usual long cardio session, I have just started doing 15 minutes on the treadmill three days per week. So, I alternate running and walking for about 15 to 20 minutes. I've only been doing this for a month, but I think it is making a difference. Not to mention that it takes up a lot less time.

I am also doing some weight training, but my favorite work out is Ttapp.

PS. I am going to try putting some of those Reese's in the freezer. Great Idea...(for Saturday or Sunday) :wink:

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:47 pm

cvmom,

I actually ENJOY the more intense workouts and since I am working out less I go to each workout more fresh and eager.

I used to resist the idea of variety, but I surrender :D I am doing a much wider variety of movements, etc.

I have heard of Ttapp but don't really know what it is and I notice several people on the boards do it.

Blueskighs