Starting over

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Shirls

Starting over

Post by Shirls » Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:26 pm

I'm going back to basics. Why did I think I was so brilliant that I could form five habits all at once? Why didn't I listen to Reinhard? I did it all wrong: carried on counting calories, hopping on the scale and in the end doing just what I always do.

So now I'm only going to have only one calendar on my HabitCal: NoS. And when I've achieved three green weeks I'll reward myself by adding another, but not before. Focus is the key. No more being a butterfly :roll:
Don't wait for the storm to be over - learn to dance in the rain.

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:38 am

Good for you Shirls! I had to do the same type of thing myself to re-focus. That was 39 days ago today, and it's working great!!! :D
Creating and sustaining the No S habits are the only thing that will take me in the direction I want to go!

Betty

Post by Betty » Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:16 pm

Shirls,

I think that is a good idea. I could only get a handle on no-S when I let myself adjust to the habits one at a time. I never had a problem with seconds, but I started with 3 weeks of no sugar, then three (actually 6 because it took me so long to get it down) no snacking between breakfast and lunch, and then, finally, no snacking between lunch and dinner.

This took a while, but now I finally feel I can really be sucessful.

Good luck,

Betty

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:53 am

Shirls,

good to hear from you, I was just reading somewhere sometimes are biggest obstacle is our own enthusiasm :D

i did start with just one habit cal I think for almost two months and i think that made things simpler,

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:02 pm

Shirls,
Why did I think I was so brilliant that I could form five habits all at once? Why didn't I listen to Reinhard?
My wife tells me I'm one of those people who has to make every mistake myself personally in order to learn from it, it's no good listening to other people's advice. So perhaps you didn't listen to me because you're just like me :-)

Best of luck this time around,

Reinhard