Bring a plate to work! (And other newbie musings)

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Mistress Manners

Bring a plate to work! (And other newbie musings)

Post by Mistress Manners » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:54 am

One thing that's really helped me so far: I brought a plate to work. (I tend to eat at my desk). It keeps me from fudging by "virtual plating" and also makes me feel like I'm a real person eating a real meal. Getting up to wash my plate at the end is a nice signal that mealtime is OVER.

On a side note, I've not noticed any change in my weight yet. However, I HAVE noticed that I am no longer eating as a way to punish myself, or out of guilt or boredom. And I am eating lots of fruits and veggies. (Which I always skipped on WW, because who wants to "waste" 2 points on an apple?) And you know what? I like living this way. If it ends up that living this way keeps me at my current size, well, then I will be someone of my current size who isn't shoving Oreos in my mouth because I hate my boss and who walks through Central Park every day on the way to work to enjoy the surroundings.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:48 pm

Mistress Manners,

great idea about bringing a plate to work!

and I am with you, the peace and sanity that No S diet brings to food and eating is profound!

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

Julie V

Re: Bring a plate to work! (And other newbie musings)

Post by Julie V » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:12 pm

Mistress Manners wrote: who wants to "waste" 2 points on an apple
Hear, hear!

I also find myself having some milk once in a while. I never used to on WW because why "waste" calories on a beverage when you can drink water or diet coke?

Laff

Re: Bring a plate to work! (And other newbie musings)

Post by Laff » Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:52 am

Mistress Manners wrote: If it ends up that living this way keeps me at my current size, well, then I will be someone of my current size who isn't shoving Oreos in my mouth because .
Well said! I love that I don't have to do that even when I had a bad day. An error in judgement does not have to be followed by a week of gorging. Keep being happy with who you are.
Gotta smile. Laff

Achieving begins with believing!