went on vacation and lost weight

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

feelgood

went on vacation and lost weight

Post by feelgood » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:01 am

First time that ever happened. But I've been doing No-s for 12 weeks (I think-it's getting so that I'm losing track) and the habits are very strong. AND I went to an all-inclusive resort in Mexico! All food, drinks (including alcohol) and snacks were included. But I just did my 3 meals a day, and on the weekend had a bit of dessert. (I did have a Pina Coloda every day, though. My one indulgence, and I reallly enjoyed it!!!) I know I could have done a bit more because of vacation, but I really didn't want to. I wasn't white-knuckling it. Thing is, with No-s, you're not stocking up for the famine (i.e. diet) and you can eat that food anytime, so why overindulge?
This is what I consider real freedom. I can go on vacation without either depriving myself or gaining a lot of weight. In fact, I lost 2 pounds, which was nice because I'd plateaued for 5 weeks and was ready for a loss.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:47 pm

feelgood,

that is great SUCCESS ... to be able to take your vacation and thoroughly ENJOY it!

and the 2 pounds down ... that is truly a great BONUS!

thank you for sharing!

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

Dawn

Post by Dawn » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:11 pm

Did I ever tell you that you are my hero? Well, you are. As a matter of fact you are the wind beneath my wings!!

Seriously awesome. That's exactly how it should work.

I am going through a plateau right now and your story has inspired me. I want to feel that kind of freedom too!
Dawn

CrazyCatLady

Post by CrazyCatLady » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:24 pm

Fabulous, FeelGood! This is just amazing, and makes me even more dedicated to No S as the right plan for me! I really like..."you can eat that food any time, so why over indulge?" Thank you for sharing!

feelgood

Post by feelgood » Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:00 am

Thank you both! I've never been called a hero before. :D