Mad at myself

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Laff

Mad at myself

Post by Laff » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:22 am

I think I need a boot in the rear. I have had a couple of red days show up this month. The first I was nibbling while I put dinner away, a very bad habit that I thought I had broken. Today I had a lot of emotion happening at work (ok, I will be honest, I was really angry at a colleague) and I forgot to leave it in the office. I got home late, didn't fix my plate as I usually would so ended up going back for seconds. So then I was mad at myself too. However, it is over. It will be a green day tomorrow (and a green evening, here!). I still look forward to the honest-to-goodness S days coming up. I will enjoy them. I sure wish I didn't return to emotional eating. I thought I was done with that!!
Gotta smile. Laff

Achieving begins with believing!

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:07 am

Laff,

don't be mad at yourself :D
we are not machines. I have gone overboard past two weekends on S days, thought I was over that! the reality is look how far we have come!

BTW anger is toughie,

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

Julie V

Post by Julie V » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:10 pm

Hi Laff! Good to see you here! :)

It's hard to break old habits. I know you can do it, though. I applaud you for getting back on track and having a green evening, even though your day was already red...

Dawn

Post by Dawn » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:30 pm

Hey Laff,

We are never going to be perfect but the important thing is that you see what you are doing wrong and are correcting. A slip up in the old days would have been an excuse to throw in the towel all together. You have every right to be proud of yourself.

You've come a long way baby!
Dawn

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:00 pm

Don't be so hard on yourself Laff. You've made tremendous progress developing the good Habits. You cannot expect yourself to be perfect...and shouldn't do that...it sets you up for failure!

The fact that you recognized it right away, shows how far you've come.
Creating and sustaining the No S habits are the only thing that will take me in the direction I want to go!

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:24 pm

Hey, green is its own reward -- and red its own punishment. The boot is superfluous. It can be an excuse even (paying off past transgressions buys the right for future transgressions). Just keep cultivating that visual-aesthetic sense of justice and you'll be OK.

Wishing you green and happy days for the rest of July and beyond,

Reinhard

Laff

Post by Laff » Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:45 am

Thanks everyone! You are the best cheerleaders ever. It wasn't a perfect day, a bit of funny stuff but all in all I am happy with it and . . . I didn't behave like an 'idiot' last night and jumped right back on track. I am now on holidays and plan to make this the best eating holiday ever.

Keep plugging along everyone, we can do this, once step at a time or one green day at a time.:lol:
Gotta smile. Laff

Achieving begins with believing!