Starting the No S diet today

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

dorisd

Starting the No S diet today

Post by dorisd » Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:03 pm

Hello- I'm starting the No S diet today. Though I'm not much of a snacker or sweets eater. It's red wine that I love which leads to seconds. Anyone else have this challenge? - D
Deester

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:06 am

Deester,

WELCOME!

Not a drinker now but I can say when I used to ... it could lead to overeating for me, if you have read book and/or boards several people use "glass ceiling" with wine and such, maybe this might help with the other

Blueksighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

Jessies Daughter

Post by Jessies Daughter » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:33 am

Welcome! Since started this no S "Thingy" I enjoy a glass once or twice during the week by choice. For me, I believe that No S has shaped new eating habits for me and those new eating habits have also let me examine How and why I enjoy wine.

I also subscribe to the "Glass Ceiling" as described in this "Thingy" and I limit all alcohol to a two drink limit whenever I choose to drink.
I call this a No S “Thingyâ€. I have never been on a successful “Dietâ€. My brain thinks a "Thingy" is a new way of eating food, a LIFESTYLE CHANGE.

HabitCal: http://everydaysystems.com/habitcal/vie ... &t=NoSDiet

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:33 pm

I actually find that a glass of wine or beer helps keep me in line. My appetite feels well taken care of and doesn't grumble for more. It's sort of like a surrogate dessert, a reward.

Glass ceiling can help here. Just lower it to the point just after you feel a sense of enjoyment and reward but before you get uninhibited enough to break rules. Maybe a single glass instead of two. Just try it as an experiment for a month and see if it helps. If it does, and your habit gets stronger, you can always try raising it again at some future date. My habits are so strong at this point that I think I could be dead drunk and not reach for snacks, sweets, or seconds (hard to know for certain because glass ceiling has very effectively kept me from reaching such a state for the last 5+ years).

Best wishes and let us know how it goes,

Reinhard