Newish to No S Diet

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

ktharmoney

Newish to No S Diet

Post by ktharmoney » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:55 pm

My husband and I have been doing this diet for about a month. It seems to suit us pretty well. I've been exercising (walking, kick boxing, shovelglove) pretty much every day and have managed to lose about 7 lbs. My husband has lost about 4 lbs. It's funny how common sense works.

This seems like a diet that people can actually maintain over the course of their lives, and is one that I could see myself recommending to my future patients (I'm a med student).

Peace

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:01 pm

ktharmoney,

WELCOME!
and congratulations to you and your husband!!!!!!
This seems like a diet that people can actually maintain over the course of their lives, and is one that I could see myself recommending to my future patients (I'm a med student).
I would have loved it if my doctor could have pointed me in this direction.

med student? do you watch House?

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

ktharmoney

Post by ktharmoney » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:35 pm

I would watch House, but we don't have cable. I haven't watched tv in about two months, except for movie rentals.

Yeah, I'm really proud of my husband. I started doing this with him because I thought it was interesting and hey, two is always better than one. He was the one that really needed to do some kind of diet plan...although it hasn't hurt either of us at all. We are quite a bit healthier now.

I think one day, in the far off future, I'll keep a copy or two of the No S book in my waiting room so that patients can read it while they wait.

No S Dieter

Post by No S Dieter » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:37 pm

blueskighs wrote:
I would have loved it if my doctor could have pointed me in this direction.

Blueskighs
I agree, Blueskighs! I will be seeing my doctor next week and am excited to share with him my success with No S Dieting. I wonder how many doctors are even aware this diet exists?
www.mynosdietjourney.blogspot.com
I'm a No S Dieter and happy about it!
See why on my blog!

ktharmoney

Post by ktharmoney » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:28 pm

I am not sure how many doctors know about it. It seems like a pretty reasonable diet to suggest to someone, at least as something to try. I mean, it's not really restricting like Atkins/South Beach/etc, and it doesn't require counting food points like Weight Watchers, and it doesn't require you to buy pre-packaged meals in order to participate. I bet a lot more people would be successful if they could do a diet like this, since there are allowances for sugary things.

I'll spread the word amongst my classmates.