Before and During Pix

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

gratefuldeb67

Before and During Pix

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:11 pm

Hi Reinhard and NoS friends.
As much as I am pretty upset by my current body size, I am about to take a side view, full body pic to serve as my new "Before".
Every pic I have posted of myself for the last few years has been just my face, because I have been, basically trying to hide my body.
I am really trying to get fired up again now.
Although I have been on NoS for a long period before, and had success (for newbies I'd say I had averaged about 15 lbs lost per year for the first few years) but this year I gained back about 20. Not surprisingly, I haven't really been present here much either, so it has creeped back on.
So I am just wiping the slate clean, and gonna approach this as if I were a newbie. (But a newbie with the experiential knowledge and faith that this will work!)
Forward!
But I will only post the before pic after I have a during to show alongside it.
I imagine that will be four to six months from now because I see no point in trying to show a three or five pound loss, because that won't really be easy to see, and more reason to just focus on long term ;)

Peace and Love
Debs

8) Debs
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:51 pm

Debs,

have seen your posts throughout the forum! so glad you are here and checking in.

I really appreciate the wisdom, insight and experience of veteran nosers,

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:00 pm

Thank you Blueskighs :)
Positive vibes to you.
I just came back from a good walk. Recommitting to exercise and not eating at night are the two factors in my success with NoS.
I am 41 years old now and when sedentary I burn *zero* percent of what I eat!
LOL
8) Debs

3aday

Post by 3aday » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:04 pm

I hear ya!
I burn zero too when I don't move.
You will do great!
Glad to see you back!

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:29 pm

Thanks 3aday ;)
Much appreciated.
Nice to be back again!
Hope you're well :)
Bless
Debs

CrazyCatLady

Post by CrazyCatLady » Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:24 am

Welcome back! I think that it is a great idea to take before and after pics. Well, during, too. It should be quite inspirational!

I enjoy your posts, so it is wonderful to "see" you again!

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:30 am

Thank you Crazy Cat Lady!
Love your name btw!
Haha :)
Have a good week.
Bless
8) Debs

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:51 pm

Deb,

I'm so sorry to hear you've been having a tough time, but so glad you're posting here again. We really missed you! It sounds like it's been a very tough year, and I hope circumstances will turn around. It's hard to worry about diet and exercise when there are so much more pressing worries to attend to.

You've been able to achieve so much in the past, and what's more impressive, to keep bouncing back. I'm confident you can bounce back again this time, too. The real trick for you is probably going to be the middle part between impressive periods of progress and the bounce back. It's kind of like you're a great sprinter AND a great marathoner (a very unusual and impressive combination!), but the 10k is giving you a hard time. I'm not sure if there's some systematic way to address this, but I'll be wracking my brains over the next few months so we can catch it right away should it occur.

Best wishes to Ritchie,

Reinhard

Too solid flesh

Before and During Pix

Post by Too solid flesh » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:09 pm

I'm so sorry that you've been having a hard time, Deb.

It is very good to see you back here. You have always made such a positive, enthusiastic and friendly contribution to the group, and we have missed you.

I look forward to seeing the pictures, and do admire your determination to keep going in the long term. It is inspirational.

Laff

Post by Laff » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:52 am

Deb---Although I am so sorry that you have lost your NoS way a little bit, I will be so glad to read your posts more often. I have missed them since I came back a few months ago. It really was, surprisingly, not so hard to get back to this life of sanity. I know you can do it and I will follow your journey.
Gotta smile. Laff

Achieving begins with believing!

Charis

Post by Charis » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:01 pm

Way to go, Deb. You are taking some really positive steps to start moving in the right direction again. I too am glad to see you posting again!