H2Orange is GREAT!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

No S Dieter

H2Orange is GREAT!

Post by No S Dieter » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:42 pm

I have found that H2Orange is just what I need for that little extra boost, too. Has anyone tried sipping it like a hot tea? I think I'll give that one a try this evening!
www.mynosdietjourney.blogspot.com
I'm a No S Dieter and happy about it!
See why on my blog!

navi

Post by navi » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:35 pm

mqrsl
Last edited by navi on Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:05 am, edited 3 times in total.

No S Dieter

Post by No S Dieter » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:37 pm

That is a great question "gionta". I hope that someone will be able to answer that for us. :)
See why on my blog!

la_loser

sugar levels don't get elevated. . . data to be posted later

Post by la_loser » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:22 am

I've got some data from a medical professional about this question. I'll have to look it up and get back to you. It's not so much that it makes it elevated. . .the diluted drink simply keeps it up a little so that you don't experience that crash. That's why the formula is 1 oz. juice to 7 oz. water ratio.

More when I get a chance to get my info together.

LA Loser

la_loser

rationale for using H2Orange

Post by la_loser » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:53 am

Regarding H2Orange perpetrating insulin resistance. . . the nutritionist who put me onto this concoction claims that her patients she works with lose more weight than those who do not drink it. . . because it keeps your blood sugar up just a bit and makes it easier to tell the difference when you are truly hungry for a meal or just dehydrated. . . or wanting a snack for emotional reasons instead. She also suggests that if someone has hypoglycemia or diabetes, they should sip on it all day long to keep the blood sugar from going too low. The diluted juice provides a very small amount of energy.

I also found these sources online regarding insulin resistance. These are defenses against claims that sugary drinks can cause it. These articles suggest that sugary drinks are culprits but that fruit juice is not a problem. (and with the diluted H2Orange, that would seem to be even less of an issue.)

"Higher fasting levels of insulin mean these study participants are more at risk for developing Type 2 diabetes. In contrast," he says, "consumption of 100 percent fruit juice was not significantly related to any of our measures of insulin resistance."
from. . .
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 095319.htm

The latest research has also found that fruit juice does not contribute to developing diabetes.

"Their findings suggest that higher consumption of sugar-sweetened drinks, but not 100 percent fruit juice, may be associated with insulin resistance, even in otherwise healthy adults."

from. . . http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/81620.php
Other info about H2Orange. . . As I noted in my initial topic June 20 regarding H2Orange as a strategy, I pointed out that my source suggests using orange juice "not from concentrate" so a couple of excellent sources would be Florida's Natural or Tropicana Orange Juice in the half-gallon cartons. Tropicana has a low-acid variety which might be helpful for those folks who have stomach irritation issues.

No S Dieter--your beautiful and artsy blog looks great--you must be a graphic artist to come up with such creative ideas so quickly.

Hope this reply answers some of your questions. I've had my 48 oz. for the day. . .and other stuff too so I'm good to go! And yes, I have had it as a "hot tea" when I've made it with the Crystal Light Peach Tea--in the winter I added a little cinnamon and made it into a little "spiced tea." Not this week though--these super hot summer days will keep me in the "iced" tea mode!

LA Loser

No S Dieter

Post by No S Dieter » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:02 am

Thank you LaLoser for posting all this great information about H2Orange. I'm also grateful for the recommendation you gave about using the "not from concentrate" juices. Especially since I was just diagnosed with mild GERD.

Thank you also for the kind words regarding my blog. I wish I could say that I was a graphic artist, but I recently found a great digital scrapbooking site
(www.scrapblog.com) and have been having so much fun using it for my blog. I got hooked on that about the same time I started the No S Diet. :)

I"ll have to remember your recipe for Spice Tea this winter! Like you, it'll have to be the iced tea variety for these hot summer days. :)
See why on my blog!

kccc

Post by kccc » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:04 pm

I'm curious as to why "not from concentrate" would make a difference. Any info on that?

la_loser

Difference between concentrate and not from concentrate OJ?

Post by la_loser » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:13 pm

Since I'm not a paying member anymore for the diet folks where I got the H2Orange idea from, I can't find that out. . .and if I ever knew an official reason, I don't remember it.

However, I did look up the nutrition facts for Tropicana OJ in a carton and Minute Maid Frozen from Concentrate. The ingredients were identical-100% natural orange juice. A comparison of nutrients indicated nearly identical informaton except that the Tropicana-not from concentrate contained 2 g. protein while the concentrate contained zero protein. I don't know if that is the rationale or not.

My guess is that it may not really make that much difference. This could be another way to do what works for you. If your family is partial to the frozen variety, you probably wouldn't want to have to buy a different type for yourself.

At my house though, my husband is sold on the Tropicana with Lots of Pulp. I've made my concoction with it but since I always fill carry-along bottles with it, the pulp tended to stick to the bottles--harder to clean-plus people would always mention that something was floating in my tea! It's just easier for me to buy the pulp-free kind-I usually get the one fortified with Vitamin D and calcium. Considering that I get four gallons of H2Orange out of one half-gallon OJ, it goes a long way. 1 oz. OJ to 7 oz. water or 8oz. OJ to 56 oz. water (usually flavored with crystal light flavored tub)

Gee--it sounds like I should be getting a cut from the OJ industry!

I just googled H2Orange and found LOTS of strange things. . .it's also the name of a rapper it seems and was a non-profit org for a drought in Orange County a few years ago! Who knew?!

But I also found an article about the group where I got the idea for H2Orange. It's about a city in Texas which decided to have a reduction in employees. . . not by getting rid of people--but they got rid of fat instead. See the link for more info. . . again, I'm not doing that diet. . . it's still quite restrictive and would be difficult to sustain. I include the info only because there were many questions about my "special orange tonic water" and this article answers some of those questions.

OK-I'm climbing down from my soapbox now!

Have a lovely No-S day!

LA Loser

kccc

Post by kccc » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:39 pm

Thanks, Laloser - nice of you to respond.

Cheers,

KCCC

navi

Post by navi » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:46 pm

ddder
Last edited by navi on Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hungry Girl

H2 Orange Pinapple Banana

Post by Hungry Girl » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:13 pm

I am enjoyng the H2Orange so much that i am now trying it with other fuit juices...one part juice to seven parts water. Its like a secret weapon. i love it! :wink:

HG

No S Dieter

Post by No S Dieter » Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:15 am

KCCC wrote:I'm curious as to why "not from concentrate" would make a difference. Any info on that?
I was on my walk tonight when it occurred to me why it's not recommended to use OJ from concentrate. Making it 7/1 ratio from the concentrate would put the sugar/calorie content much higher than making a 7/1 ration from the carton of OJ. I made it both ways and it's definitely more diluted when it's made from the carton. :) If you want to make H2Orange using the frozen concentrate, you'll have to make the OJ as directed on the can and THEN dilute it 7 parts water/1 part juice after that.
See why on my blog!

OrganicGal

Post by OrganicGal » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:27 am

No S Dieter and others...just to let you know. You can buy juice that is from concentrate in a carton or bottle too, not just the frozen is that way, so please read labels. At least here in Canada it can be that way.
The concentrated variety is just that...concentrated....needs to be/has been diluted...but also has a higher sugar content from the process of making it concentrated.

Just some FYI. :)
Creating and sustaining the No S habits are the only thing that will take me in the direction I want to go!

No S Dieter

Post by No S Dieter » Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:30 pm

OrganicGal wrote:No S Dieter and others...just to let you know. You can buy juice that is from concentrate in a carton or bottle too, not just the frozen is that way, so please read labels. :)
Thank you for the heads up on that! I didn't realize that concentrate could come in a carton also.
See why on my blog!