Starting my No-S Diet

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

TDonaghe

Starting my No-S Diet

Post by TDonaghe » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:25 pm

I think the NoS diet is kind of like stating the blantantly obvious - don't eat snacks or sweets or seconds (very often). However, sometimes when we name things they become more powerful. I've gained 20 pounds just this summer by going crazy - eating way too many snacks and sweets.

NoS came into my sphere at just the proper time. I'm on the second day today and currently I'm suffering through my daily snack attack. So far I'm resisting temptation. I'm not hungry - I just want something sweet.

So - we'll see how this goes from here out. I think I might have finally found a diet I can stick to and one which will probably work for me.

Good luck to everyone else avoiding snacks and sweets!

Nagla929

Post by Nagla929 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:15 pm

I am just starting my 6th week on No S and while I have had quite a few RED days, I do find this much easier to stick to and definitely more doable than many of the other diet alternatives out there.

I wish you luck and keep us posted on your progress. :)

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:36 pm

Welcome, TDonaghe and Nagla929!

laguna

One day down

Post by laguna » Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:35 am

I started the No-S diet today and so far so good. I have always had trouble with snacking from about 4PM until dinner so it was a challenge to not do so today but I had a bigger than usual lunch and seemed to do OK. I thought beginning on a Friday was a good time to start because I have two S days coming up. I'm excited and ready to lose 10-15 pounds!
ilovekitties

CrazyCatLady

Post by CrazyCatLady » Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:51 am

Welcome, TDonaghe, Nagla, and Laguna! I think that you will find No S to be an extremely common sense eating plan, and that you will find this community to be quite encouraging! Great to have new members on board! :D

JoshT

Post by JoshT » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:39 pm

I started the No S diet yesterday (along with shovelgloving). While I've had a pretty consistent headache since starting (probably "detoxing" from all of the sugary crap I usually eat), yesterday was a success. I ate 3 meals, no snacks, no sweets, no seconds, and felt fine. Better than fine, really - I felt successful. To go to bed knowing I'd eaten moderately all day was really nice. :)

CrazyCatLady

Post by CrazyCatLady » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:55 am

Have you given up caffeine? Going cold turkey off caffeine will definitely give you a headache! Welcome, Josh!

JoshT

Post by JoshT » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:11 am

CrazyCatLady wrote:Have you given up caffeine? Going cold turkey off caffeine will definitely give you a headache! Welcome, Josh!
Ohhh, no. I've not given up my caffeine. :) I've now been on the diet for 3 days, and the headaches seem to have subsided. I started drinking a bit of fruit juice between meals; whether that's what fixed it, or whether my body is adjusting to the altered eating pattern, I don't know.

edit: And thanks for the welcome!