Noobie Starting Today

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Weehawk

Noobie Starting Today

Post by Weehawk » Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:04 pm

Hi everyone.

I'm new here but have known about No S for a couple of years now. I've had a bunch of false starts, but today is the first day of serious No S'ing.

I'm diabetic and my doctor warned me away from starches, sweets, cut back on the portions, etc. Looks like No S is made to order for my situation. I'm also going to keep a food journal because I need to become more aware of what I'm putting into that hole under my nose.

I've kinda slowly eased into the life style change of No S'ing it by weaning myself off the sweets (easy for me), lessening the amount of snacks (a little bit harder), and saying no the seconds (the real a-double kicker)... now I feel I'm ready to make the big-time plunge!

I already do the Urban Ranger thing (before knowing about it)... I like to walk and ride a mountain bike.

I also plan on adding the shovelglove to my workout of 5 Tibetan Rites & joint mobility workout... it looks like it gonna be fun. You would not believe the strange look by wife gave me when she asked me what I wanted for our wedding anniversary gift... A 12lbs sledgehammer and a little timer. :shock:

sign,
Weehawk

Weehawk

Post by Weehawk » Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:05 pm

P. S. - I saw and bought the book.

mel1974c

Post by mel1974c » Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:41 pm

Welcome Weehawk!

Laff

Post by Laff » Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:05 pm

Welcome here. I wish you wonderful success here!
Gotta smile. Laff

Achieving begins with believing!

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:46 pm

Welcome, Weehawk!

One word of caution: though these are all great habits you're embarking on, it does sound like a lot at once. You might want to consider staggering them (i.e., giving each new habit a month or two to get established before starting on the next) if you find it's just too much.

Reinhard

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:24 pm

P. S. - I saw and bought the book.
Weehawk,

WELCOME, I have found book to be HUGELY HELPFUL!!!

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

Mighty Moose

Post by Mighty Moose » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:59 pm

Weehawk-

I am a big fan of the 5 Rites. Cheers and good luck!

-MM
The clown dances in a fire of delight. All for the sake of the mystery nut.