question about liquides

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

CatholicCajun

question about liquides

Post by CatholicCajun » Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:50 pm

Hello everyone, wish I would have more time to post regularly, but work is a little more hectic, so not as much time to spend on the computer as I would like. I have a question about liquids between meals, hubby is having a hard time with not eating between meals, not snacking, just getting too hungry, he does not care to drink milk, and the orange juice diluted with water does not help him, so my question is this:
Would it be advisable to drink regular orange juice with some whey protein powder mixed in? Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated. God BLess.
Je'sus, j'Ai Confiance dans Vous

la_loser

Post by la_loser » Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:38 pm

Reinhard has encouraged us all along to drink full strength juices. . . I don't know about the whey powder since I haven't tried it. I know that yesterday afternoon I thought I couldn't possible wait to eat something since the dinner party I was going to wouldn't begin for a few more hours. I drank maybe 5 or 6 oz. of real orange juice (followed by some of my H2Orange since I was also really thirsty-love their new cranberry flavor!). Then I had to do a couple of little tasks at home and a few minutes later realized. . . I'm not 'STARVING' anymore-I CAN make it till dinner! And I did! I wasn't even hoping to be the first in line to fill my (smallish) plate. Our hostess knows about my No S-ing although I haven't shared it with my whole world yet. As she passed out plates, she gave me a large salad plate which was still much smaller than the dinner plate. So I filled it with great stuff and was completely satisfied.

Oh, yeah, this was about juice and stuff--sorry! Just had to share my successful dinner story! I'd suggest trying the full strength juice first-then go from there. Perhaps he could have it a couple of hours after lunch to stave off the getting too hungry feeling.
LA Loser. . . well on my way to becoming an LA Winner. :lol:

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:28 pm

Whey is healthy for you, but I think it tastes awful.
I'd personally prefer a normal glass (not a 20 oz, just a 6 or 8 oz) of juice.
Maybe he can virtually plate a fruit?
Good luck!
8) Debs
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:43 pm

Sounds fine to me (though I personally would vastly prefer alternating between milk and juice to some powder concoction).

Reinhard