needing a boost ...

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Amyliz

needing a boost ...

Post by Amyliz » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:47 pm

Hey guys,
well i was cruising along for over 90 days on No-s, I lost 5lbs and felt great. In the last month, my workouts have suffered, then my n-days were borderline, and then i had the worst week in 5 months last week - donuts at work, ice cream after dinner. I marked the days as red, and i got back on my workout schedule saturday morning. i didn't go nuts on my s-days because i really didn't need too! my weight over the weekend was back up to where i started 5 months ago, BUT i still didn't feel too bad b/c i knew on was back on track and it will all work out.

THEN today my friend sent out some pictures from a party last friday and i was HORRIFIED. I would love to write it off to a bad camera angle, but really i had no idea i looked like this?? i've been telling myself i look 'fine', and i that i just need to lose some weight, but i don't look bad.
These photos are so defeating and while I'm totally committed that No-s is the way for me, I'm feeling absolutely awful and could use some encouragement!

thanks for all your great posts i've been reading today.
couldn't do it without this board!
Amyliz
Amyliz

START: 03/30/08 - 158- 161lbs range
Current: 145-148lbs range
On 12/22/09 I saw 145 on the scale for the first time in 7 years!

marygrace

Post by marygrace » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:10 pm

I think a lot of how you are feeling probably has to do with the way you've eaten recently, and if you seriously get back on track, you'll start feeling a lot better about yourself. Also, if you lost those 5 lbs over the course of 3 months, I think its pretty much impossible that you gained them back in a day or two. You are probably just really bloated from overeating.

Betty

Post by Betty » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:24 pm

In some of our vacation pics I looked great, in others, like a whale. Most people look worse on camera than in real life, so don't let it get you too down.

Just keep cruising. You lost 5 lbs, that's amazing! keep on keeping on and you'll get there.

The important thing for me to remember, and why I love no- s is that what I look like in photos, what I weigh on the scale, doesn't affect my degree of success. My actions do.

So do yours. 90 days of No S is no joke. You should feel proud.

Betty
Be your own best friend and advocate. Be gentle and kind to yourself. Your weight is not the problem.

Before: 140
During: 140 (again!)

CrazyCatLady

Post by CrazyCatLady » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:26 pm

It can be very discouraging! But remember that you are losing weight slowly, and it is coming from fat loss, rather than a quick loss of water. It is discouraging for me, as well, when I think about how much weight I have lost, and how much is left to lose! Or when my weight bobs up by 5 pounds overnight...even though I know it is water weight, it still makes me feel bad!

Lets try to look at the long term picture. How many diets have we tried over the years, only to lose, and regain? And come back even heavier? Your habitcal looks great. Focus on building habit. The change in size, and change in how we look in pictures will come, if we keep the habits.

I will not look slim and trim in a few months. But I feel much more slim already! And in a year, and in two years, I will be looking obviously better. My health will be improved, as will my ability to follow these habits. Lets keep focusing on habits, and trust the benefits to come in time.

Amyliz

Post by Amyliz » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:14 pm

Thanks for the great reminders and perspective!! I had a great No-S day yesterday, and I'm feeling better mentally just by having a day that was just right - not too hungry, not too full.

thanks again!
Amyliz
Amyliz

START: 03/30/08 - 158- 161lbs range
Current: 145-148lbs range
On 12/22/09 I saw 145 on the scale for the first time in 7 years!

Dawn

Post by Dawn » Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:22 pm

Isn't it funny how those pictures don't just motivate the hell out of you? But rather make you feel defeated and sometimes ditch whatever plan you are on. I don’t understand it, yet I am the same way.

Well, I say put it on the fridge, or where ever you will see it often and remind yourself each day that you do well, you are that much closer to not looking like that any longer.

You are not alone in your moment of despair or your goal to put this excess weight problem behind you!
Dawn