clothes shopping

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Betty

clothes shopping

Post by Betty » Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:28 am

The past few weeks I've moved the "fence" a bit closer to home. The extra strictness has been tough, but I've been tough too, and have been successful.

Yesterday I went shopping for clothes, always a harowing experience because those mirrors make you look so cottage-cheesy. Arms, from the back, so matronly.

But here's the thing. I am still the same (down 3 lbs but who can tell?) shape, but because I have seen myself as a success for a few weeks in a row, I didn't get bothered by it. I actually liked myself in a lot of the things I tried on, which never happens.

So cheers to No-S.

Betty
Be your own best friend and advocate. Be gentle and kind to yourself. Your weight is not the problem.

Before: 140
During: 140 (again!)

Jaxhil

Post by Jaxhil » Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:01 am

8)

Good for you, Betty!! That's wonderful, and I suspect your frame of mind made (makes) all the difference. I could use this advice myself. :wink:
Hilary
_______

"Habit, if not resisted, soon becomes necessity."-St Augustine

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."-Thomas Jefferson

3aday

Post by 3aday » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:42 am

That is AWESOME!
I know as a former binge eater, when I finished a few weeks of going without a binge, even though I was the same size at the time, I felt so much better about myself and my self esteem improved.
Ideal behavior and ideal habits really affects your frame of mind for the better!
Have fun shopping!

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:17 pm

I felt so much better about myself and my self esteem improved.
Ideal behavior and ideal habits really affects your frame of mind for the better!
this is true for me too,

because ... feeling out of control around food makes me feel infantile and puts my self esteem in the toilet :(

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey