THE HAPPY DANCE DAY!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

No S Dieter

THE HAPPY DANCE DAY!

Post by No S Dieter » Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:55 pm

Come and see why I'm doing the HAPPY DANCE today!
www.mynosdietjourney.blogspot.com
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
I'm a No S Dieter and happy about it!
See why on my blog!

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:43 pm

You used to be the exact height and weight that I am right now. I am 5'4" and 145. Sometimes I'm heavier or lighter, depending on fluctuations. When I started No-S *strictly*, I was 148, not much difference.

Anyway, I would like to be 130, too! How have you been eating? How have you been exercising? I've been plateaued at 145 for a long time, but I used to be as much as 155, so I guess this is good. But still, I don't like to be "slightly overweight" according to my BMI.

And congrats!
"Anyone can cook." ~ Chef Gusteau, Ratatouille

vcanfield

Re: THE HAPPY DANCE DAY!

Post by vcanfield » Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:09 am

No S Dieter wrote:Come and see why I'm doing the HAPPY DANCE today!
Yea for you! From one short person to another (You are a whole 4 inches taller then I am) I know 15 pounds is like 30 pounds on a tall person. This is the end of my first week and I find this to be so painless I am afraid I will gain weight! Your post gives me hope for us shorties! Congrats on your weight loss. I am inspired!

Nagla929

Post by Nagla929 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:39 am

Congratulations! :) That is really great progress.

Your results make me wish that I hadn't been messing up so badly. I have more FAILURE days than I care to remember. Next time I'm tempted to mess up, I'll have to think of you for inspiration.

Thanks for the post and keep up the great work.

No S Dieter

Post by No S Dieter » Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:59 am

Nichole wrote:
Anyway, I would like to be 130, too! How have you been eating? How have you been exercising? I've been plateaued at 145 for a long time, but I used to be as much as 155, so I guess this is good. But still, I don't like to be "slightly overweight" according to my BMI.

And congrats!
Thank you for the congrats! I have been eating very healthy and satisfyingly well on No S. On my blog, you will see the various meals I have put together for myself. A big change for me was going from cold cereal to a hearty brand of oatmeal with fruit in the morning, followed sometimes by a little plain yogurt. I've been taking advantage of a lot of the veggie/fruit offerings of the season...and I LOVE salmon and chicken so that has pretty much been my protein mainstays. My intentions are to walk 1/2 hour everyday, but it's really more like 2-3 times a week. I need to be more diligent with that. I think I could even fit better in my clothes if I did that. All in all, I'm thrillled with the success of the weight loss. It had gotten to the point when I could really FEEL the heaviness of my weight....and now I feel the lightness of it. It's great! I still would like to lose more although some people though I was "perfect" at 145. I still think I know what I feel most comfortable with and I'm very close to it. Keep on keepin' on! You can't miss on the No S Diet! Good luck!
See why on my blog!

No S Dieter

Re: THE HAPPY DANCE DAY!

Post by No S Dieter » Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:04 am

vcanfield wrote:
No S Dieter wrote:Come and see why I'm doing the HAPPY DANCE today!
Yea for you! From one short person to another (You are a whole 4 inches taller then I am) I know 15 pounds is like 30 pounds on a tall person. This is the end of my first week and I find this to be so painless I am afraid I will gain weight! Your post gives me hope for us shorties! Congrats on your weight loss. I am inspired!
Thank you! I agree that 15 pounds make a huge difference on someone our heighth. It's amazing how virtually painless this diet is....almost too good to be true. Keeping a blog has held me accountable also...so I think that was a big help in my success. Also, not being afraid to TWEAK the No S Diet when needed to suit my lifestyle helps. I go into that a little on my blog. For me, it's easier to diet in the summer because of the warmer weather, so I started it at a good time for me. Everyone is different though. Keep in touch and let us all know how you're doing!
See why on my blog!

No S Dieter

Post by No S Dieter » Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:08 am

Nagla929 wrote:Congratulations! :) That is really great progress.

Your results make me wish that I hadn't been messing up so badly. I have more FAILURE days than I care to remember. Next time I'm tempted to mess up, I'll have to think of you for inspiration.

Thanks for the post and keep up the great work.

Thank you! Try not to be too hard on yourself. It was important for me to take one day at a time. (And sometimes even one meal at a time.) Before long, meals turned into days, days turned into weeks and weeks into months. Good luck to you! You can do oit!
See why on my blog!

daahling

Post by daahling » Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:14 am

Congratulations!! I am another short person, all 5ft 1 of me and it looks like we both want to get to 120 (117 is my fantasy)! but I'm currently somewhere around 137/138.. I haven't weighed myself for the last few days, + am feeling particularly heavy this week due to it being that time of the month. I am really hoping to step on the scales next Monday or Tuesday after my first week of this diet, and find a loss. I'd be happy even with 1 lb.. 2 would be even better of course!!

Because this diet is so different from anything I've ever tried, I am afraid that I'm going to gain rather than lose weight. The only time I feel hunger is between meals, especially that stretch between lunch and dinner, but that feeling of hunger is beginning to annoy me far less than it used to. Maybe I'm retraining my body not to fly into a panic just because I'm hungry :)

Today is an S day being Saturday of course, and ironically I am not hungry. I must say that I was a bit naughty last night and had quite a few potato chips at about 2am!! which gave me such heartburn it was unreal. Since then, to make up for the potato chips, all I've had is a coffee with milk and sweeteners.

But the day is long and I know there'll be an icecream at some time - it's such a hot day here!! yeah right... but I'll try to keep it at that.

Lunch is going to be a plate of pasta and for dinner we're making homemade burgers.

No S days just feel plain weird LOL. I really hope I'll be as successful as you are!
Current weight: 136 lbs
Target weight: 117 lbs
Height: 5 ft 1
Total lost to date: 2 lbs

No S Dieter

Post by No S Dieter » Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:07 am

daahling wrote: The only time I feel hunger is between meals, especially that stretch between lunch and dinner, but that feeling of hunger is beginning to annoy me far less than it used to. Maybe I'm retraining my body not to fly into a panic just because I'm hungry
Thank you for the congratulations! I can relate to your comment about hunger. Feeling hungry is not as frightening for me as it used to be. In time our bodies adjust to it like everything else...so hang in there! You can do it!
See why on my blog!

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:07 pm

I must say, your post really is an inspiration to me to get off this plateau. Getting back on No-S, along with cutting out Lean Cuisines and making some homemade lunches-- plus amping up my exercise to jogging-- will hopefully get me off my plateau!!

Thanks for the post. I love your little blog--- great graphics!
"Anyone can cook." ~ Chef Gusteau, Ratatouille

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:07 pm

Congratulations! This is wonderful.

And again -- beautiful graphics. I should hire you to run my non-existent marketing department :-)

Reinhard