Still Here, Re-Re-Renewing Personal Accountability

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

FarmerHal

Still Here, Re-Re-Renewing Personal Accountability

Post by FarmerHal » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:13 pm

I'm still here. Have had a bit of whirlwind activity in life of late but hanging in there and trying to cling to my N days. I did have one major idiot S day yesterday, it was dd's 2nd bday and the cake was just so... well, cake! I love cake!

Anyway, I don't recall if I told here or not but dh is being deployed to Afghanistan from Feb '09 to May '10. Couple weeks ago, we went back to our hometown and bought a house close to my sister and mother and not too far from my mom in law. They will be hugely helpful for me with my 2 kids and just getting through day by day w/out dh there. DH will be moving us out there Mid-January.

So that week we were home , was mostly family doing this: "Feed Tiffani and Family!" And they did it well. Fortunately I did stick to one plate of food (seconds is just toooo much now for me!) but had snacks (dangit!) or sweets just about every day for a couple of weeks. Ugh.

Now we've been home a couple weeks and My N days are a bit blurry but I'm going to have a GOOD week this week! I swear!

I still plan on an afternoon 'tea time' :) which works really well so I stay away from my "last supper" plate pile on.

Thought I'd check in again and probably will go back to lurk mode.

Take care, all!
{FarmerHal} ...previously Shamrockmommy...
Vanilla NoS... Making good habits.
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:47 pm

Tiffani,

Thanks for delurking and congratulations on managing to cling to N-days during some very tough times. You've made immense progress so far and maintaining it (though it may not seem exciting) is the most important thing you can do.

Best wishes on your move and (especially) to your husband,

Reinhard

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:59 pm

:oops: Ugg, how embarrassing. So I had this leftover b'day cake from Dd's 2nd bday yesterday and I SHOULD HAVE thrown it out sunday night. After a long day with the kids, I caved and had 2 pieces, and then felt terrible. ANother Red X, but now, cake is thrown out and I persist!

On goes the goal of sticking to N days.
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18

Adagia

Post by Adagia » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:42 pm

You can do it shamrock - I know you can! Besides, it looks like you've done it before, and did really really well to boot. :)

Oh those cakes! So good! So tempting! I'm going to be dealing with that temptation this weekend with hubby's bday. My daughter is living NoS with me, so no trying to feed the extra to her, and hubby already practically practices NoS without even thinking about it - it's just the way he's been most of his life. So, what to do with the leftovers? I can't bring myself to throw away yummy cake, so I think freezing it for the next weekend will be the best plan. That should help me control myself, knowing it will still be there the next weekend.
Started Aug 04, 200 lbs
As of Sep 8, 195.5 lbs (5 weeks on habit)
45 years, 5' 10"

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:58 pm

Sorry to hear about that. Good luck with everything. Be easy on yourself in this hard time. Once you adjust, I think you'll be fine. Hang in there!
"Anyone can cook." ~ Chef Gusteau, Ratatouille

Blithe Morning

Post by Blithe Morning » Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:07 pm

Please thank your husband for his service. And thank you for sharing him.

I didn't realize they were still doing 15 month deployments. Yig.

I deNo-Sed when my son came home on his post-deployment leave. See, there's this ice cream stand that's a family tradition and sort of a local landmark and we went. Frequently.

He's re-deploying in March, probably to Iraq but maybe to Afghanistan but only for 7 months (active duty Marines). He will be home at Christmas for pre-deployment leave and the ice cream stand will be closed then. So, I have hope.

It's hard to refuse the kindness of people when you have a deployed (or deploying) family member because they want so badly to Do Something and to Support The Troops. However, it doesn't help you or him to be stuffed so you have to tactfully find a way to deal with the good intentions.

Mavilu

Post by Mavilu » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:19 pm

As we say in my country: "A stumble is not a fall", so you had cake, pshaw!.
The good thing is that you are still NoSing.

Please, say thank you to your hubby from us as well, and thank you to your son, Blithe Morning!.

God bless our troops.

FarmerHal

Post by FarmerHal » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:36 am

Thanks everyone. We are still in a bit of Denial about him leaving. I'll be moving with the kiddos back home (we bought a little house) so that I'll have support. Hoepfully time flies.

I'll keep everyone updated. Today, happily is a GREEN day, finally!!!
Restart 12/2015, size 22
3/2016 size 18
1/2018 size 18