OMG -- I fell off the wagon!!

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Laff

OMG -- I fell off the wagon!!

Post by Laff » Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:39 pm

I thought my habits were so solidly in place and I was happy with my loss and then boom, I have had the worst week. NoS went out the window and I am not happy about it. I went back to work this week after my 2 month summer break, life was busy and stressful just getting back into routine. I dozed on the couch most of each evening. Dinners were late and thrown together. I am not going to beat myself up or punish myself by taking away the S days but next week will be a better week, work and all!
I am my own worst enemy!
Gotta smile. Laff

Achieving begins with believing!

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:03 pm

Sorry Laff for your bad week.
It happens and it sounds like you are gearing up to turn things around!
Good luck!
Peace and Love
8) Debs
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

3aday

Post by 3aday » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:14 pm

It's OK!
You can get right back on the wagon!
Don't wait till next week. Start now and enjoy two wonderful S days!
You can do it!

Life happens and sometimes we get off track but just pick yourself up, brush yourself off and keep on truckin.....

I know I have had weeks here and there where I doze on the couch too! :wink: Sometimes we need a respite to remember how good it feels to get moving again.

Joelle

Post by Joelle » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:53 pm

Hey Laff,

Maybe we can carpool and share a wagon? I'm ready to climb back on, too. The beauty of No S is that it's just that simple. No shame or bingeing out of guilt, just start again. Ahhh. So easy.

Here's to green days ahead!
Joelle

anndelise

Post by anndelise » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:47 am

I can sorta relate. Yesterday was a horrible day. I threw up in the dentist's chair while he was prepping my tooth for a cap. But I couldn't go home after the appointment because I only get into town once a week or so and i had to do some shopping. So I wound up running around town in an oven (can't roll windows down and has no air conditioning) with my coat on (that was all that was in the car to wear since my shirt was soaked with puke). Then, at one of the checkout counters, I'm told that my debit card's not being accepted because it's expired (bank hasn't seen my new one yet). So I had to return some stuff and use the very last of my cash.

By this time I was starving and half witted but still had to drive home.
When I got home I pretty much let all my other habitcal tracked goals get tossed out the window for the day. The only thing I insisted on sticking with was NoS. But the cravings and the desire for comfort foods and for mindless eating were really strong and have partially carried over today. I'm so glad tomorrow is an S day. I can hang in a few more hours!!!
:evil:

edited to add: I'm very sad to see all those reds on my habitcal calendars for yesterday. But the one green for NoS helps free me from guilt.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:58 am

Maybe we can carpool and share a wagon?
Joelle I love that!

Laff, No S is "built" to just pick yourself up and keep on going!

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

kccc

Post by kccc » Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:30 pm

Laff, sounds like you're climbing back on really well. Don't look back, look forward.

Annedelise, sounds as if you had a really awful day. Be gentle with yourself... it's okay to miss on some things when life throws you a curve. (And CONGRATS on sticking with No S.) Just move forward when you feel able.

Best to all.

Laff

Post by Laff » Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:25 am

Thanks for all the positive vibes!! This S day hasn't been great but I have had worse. I am really looking forward to sanity.
Sending good thoughts to everyone. Some days are just harder than others. We can do this, one little babystep at a time.
Gotta smile. Laff

Mavilu

Post by Mavilu » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:36 am

Eh. So you had a bad week, so what.
We had visits this week and we ate out for three nights straight and ate all kinds of goodies and I didn't exercise at all!, but, you know what: we can dust ourselves off and keep on going.
A good week is just on the horizon!.

Laff

Post by Laff » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:58 am

Thanks Mavilu for putting this in perspective! For everyone who cared enough to encourage me -- I had a wonderful NoS kind of day today, 100% with the program!! I know I can do this in spite of the little setback (which is big enough to make my pants feel tight, but small never-the-less).
Gotta smile. Laff

Laff

Post by Laff » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:05 pm

Whew -- Day 2 and I am back in the groove!!
Gotta smile. Laff

reinhard
Site Admin

Post by reinhard » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:02 pm

Laff,

Congratulations on getting right back with it.

I find the habitcal is helpful in preventing such falls from grace. Can't get complacent if you know you have to fess up immediately.

Reinhard