Water as a snack.....

No Snacks, no sweets, no seconds. Except on Days that start with S. Too simple for you? Simple is why it works. Look here for questions, introductions, support, success stories.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

3aday

Water as a snack.....

Post by 3aday » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:12 pm

I know this is a simple post but I wanted to say that only considering plain water as an acceptable beverage in between meals has been so beneficial for me.
I always have drank water but I have also drank hot, plain tea along with coffee as my preferred beverage in between meals.
However, a few weeks ago I decided to only let water be the only beverage in between meals and after dinner and I feel so much better.

Want a snack? Water!
Want seconds? Water!
Want dessert? Water!
Can't decide which herbal tea you want...how about a glass of water?

Just wanted to pass the simple suggestion along.

Have a great weekend!

3aday

Post by 3aday » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:22 pm

I didn't notice all of the other water posts floating around!
My post is not as exciting since it just about plain, unflavored water!
But, for me....it is just as refreshing and lovely. :D

anndelise

Post by anndelise » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:59 am

I'm actually a big fan of just clean water. I drink a LOT of water already and don't particularly like drinking sodas, juice, tea, coffee, etc. But my other half won't drink water, he's always got a cup of coffee, tea, or soda with him. And my daughter prefers sodas and juice or herbal tea if she can weasel it out of someone. But me? water all the way.

Because I'm trying to change other aspects of my eating besides just the NoS, I'm following "the world's healthiest foods" suggestions, adding one suggestion each month according to the habitcal thing. The first one is drinking a cup of green tea before every meal. I've been trying, but I just can't stand it. I even got some good tea that's recommended for beginning tea drinkers. And even though I try to cover up the taste with lime juice and honey, I just want the fresh taste of clean water. Today I've figured out that three times a day just isn't going to cut it for me. I'll follow the suggestion for the first morning tea, but then I'm just going to substitute water for the before meal drink. No, it won't provide all the benefits of green tea. But at least it's closer to a livable habit for me.

+1 for plain water!! :D

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:56 am

3aday,

Your post is so timely. For years I drank just water, in the past month I have been drinking some herbal teas and although I really enjoy them, just last night I was thinking how much better I feel when I just drink good delicious plain old water!

A sincere THANK YOU this perfect inspiration and reminder!

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

3aday

Post by 3aday » Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:00 pm

Thanks!
Actually, I love herbal teas (in fact all teas) and I feel that they were indispensable when I first started No S and needed something after dinner until bedtime.
But, the funny thing is, I started to get overwhelmed by my choices!
I have always drank water but eliminating the option for anything else has been what has made the difference between feeling good and feeling great!

I still have two caffeinated beverages in the form of coffee or tea in the morning though...can't manage to kick that....but I don't think I want to! :D

Dawn

Post by Dawn » Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:39 pm

I used to think turning to water to help hold off hunger was the biggest crock of all time, that was until I started to No-S. So funny how water does help me now when it never did before. I wonder if it's mental, not that it matters since it does work. Or maybe it works now because now when I feel hunger, that is what it actually is and water fills up my tummy just enough to take the edge off, where as in the past it probably wasn't so much hunger as it was cravings and water isn't going to help with that.

Go Water!!!!
Dawn

tgp157

Post by tgp157 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:19 pm

Has anybody tried Cappella Flavor Drops? They've recently come out with drops for water. Before they've only had drops for coffee, shakes, etc. Their new line of H2O drops include spearmint, chocolate mint, coconut mint, peppermint & pear. More fruit flavors are scheduled to come out later this fall. I have tried the regular drops, they are very good in coffee. I haven't tried the H2O drops yet. Below is the link to their site.

http://capellaflavordrops.com/waterflavordrops.aspx
Pam
A Success Story in the Making
NoS-ing since 6/1/09

kccc

Post by kccc » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:21 pm

Dawn wrote:I used to think turning to water to help hold off hunger was the biggest crock of all time, that was until I started to No-S. So funny how water does help me now when it never did before. I wonder if it's mental, not that it matters since it does work. Or maybe it works now because now when I feel hunger, that is what it actually is and water fills up my tummy just enough to take the edge off, where as in the past it probably wasn't so much hunger as it was cravings and water isn't going to help with that.

Go Water!!!!
Dawn, that's a profound observation. So much of my former eating really had nothing to do with hunger. When I sorted out what did and didn't... well, it was good for my general life as well as my eating patternsl.